The ksp files

έķ νίĻĻάίή

I was just thinking, that I've never ever seen the files for the vanilla planets e.g jool, or any of the soundtracks found in the game, or even the models for the buildings. I know that the part files are in the squad folder.. but yknow... or i'm just stupid. Or no one cares. Idk if anyone has seen them before, but yeah. Just curious

Oh, that sucks...

6 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

IIRC they're inside the asset bundles, which are inaccessible to users. Only SQUAD has access to them, but it is possible for mods to use and edit the files (eg, Kopernicus can access the planets, and Kerbal Konstructs can access the buildings' files).

So somehow they did something which doesn’t allow users to access it

Huh never knew that was a thing

4 minutes ago, burn boi said:

So somehow they did something which doesn’t allow users to access it

Those asset bundles also contain the majority of the game's code. If it was possible for the likes of us to get in there then I doubt it would be hard to completely brick the game :P

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Those asset bundles also contain the majority of the game's code. If it was possible for the likes of us to get in there then I doubt it would be hard to completely brick the game :P

Holy Jesus I can literally imagine that. That would be so cool well bruh they really should allow editing files in ksp2 

That’s my hope and wish now!

https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/most/kerbalspaceprogram.php

Oh yeah and the creator of some of the ksp music released his music there

Next aim, find a way to jailbreak the asset bundles files

1 hour ago, burn boi said:

Huh never knew that was a thing

It's not like the files are locked in some magical way, just that there's no readily-available reader that makes them easily comprehensible.

Compliments on the avatar image.  A fine looking yacht.

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

In rome total war (1, not 2) this was possible as well as in half life (1 and 2)! No one thought it was ever a problem back then.

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Not really.  The assetbundles contain assets, not code.

and while it is possible to read an asset bundle, its not easy and cant be recreated because the sources aren't available

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.