Precise difference between EVE, SVE and SVT?

Klapaucius

I've used terrain enhancement mods for a while, but I am still actually unclear as to what is doing what.

Scatterer is clear to me in what it does, but the others, less so...

My understanding, possibly incorrect, is that EVE is an overarching platform and SVE and STE are addons that work in conjunction with EVE?

How is Stock Visual Enhancements different from Stock Visual Terrain?  What are they each adding?  How do they supplement EVE?

I've asked this question here rather than in the individual mod forums, since it encompasses a few different mods.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Klapaucius

3 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

EVE is an overarching platform and SVE and STE are addons that work in conjunction with EVE?

Yes for SVE, no for SVT.

Short answer: SVE + EVE takes care of the sky and SVT + kopernicus of the ground ;)

Slightly more detailed answer:

EVE is indeed "just" the tool which allows to add clouds (and city lights) to the game but without any configs and textures, nothing will change by just installing EVE.

SVE Provides these textures and configs, so it depends on EVE.

SVT on the other hand, uses kopernicus to change ground textures (and adds additional ground scatter). Same principle but based on kopernicus:
Kopernicus is "just" the tool which allows to modify celestial bodies but without a config, nothing will change (at least on the surface, some stuff may happen internally but these are unnecessary details now).

SVT provides configs and textures to modify the appearance of the surface of celestial bodies and depends on kopernicus (but not on EVE).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.