Hey there, I'm new here

LittleBitMore

I'm LittleBitMore, a teen kerbonaut who can't figure out how to change his profile picture. I'm pretty good at KSP, as far as I can tell (but, of course, I'm no Scott Manley), but I'm pretty new to the forums. I have no idea how any of this works. I've read the community guidelines, and gotten a general layout of the forums a little bit before I made an account. I'm not in any online communities, so I have no idea what to expect here, but I'm hoping to make some friends here and talk about successful missions.

In the future, I hope to make good contributions to this forum and also to learn how to make a profile picture.

Hello, @LittleBitMore!  Welcome to the forums!

New accounts require to have 5 posts (outside of The Lounge) approved by moderators before all of your profile options are unlocked.  So once you have 5 contributing posts, then you'll be able to post without needing approval, change your profile, edit your signature, etc.  This is a necessary measure to prevent spam bot accounts from harassing our members.

The forums is broken up into several sections and sub sections depending on the type of content.  If you'd like to share something, post where you feel it's appropriate.  If it needs to be moved, we'll move it for you and let you know it was moved.  Any and all questions are welcome.  If you can't find an answer by searching, feel free to ask!  There's no wrong questions.

Stick around, we're a pretty warm and welcoming bunch.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

New accounts require to have 5 posts (outside of The Lounge) approved by moderators before all of your profile options are unlocked.  So once you have 5 contributing posts, then you'll be able to post without needing approval, change your profile, edit your signature, etc.  This is a necessary measure to prevent spam bot accounts from harassing our members.

This seems fair, as the system the forum uses currently seems to work well enough to the point of zero spammers or less appropriate users.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

The forums is broken up into several sections and sub sections depending on the type of content.  If you'd like to share something, post where you feel it's appropriate.  If it needs to be moved, we'll move it for you and let you know it was moved.  Any and all questions are welcome.  If you can't find an answer by searching, feel free to ask!  There's no wrong questions.

Thank you! I'm most excited to try out the challenges and post mission reports, and I've already scouted out where those are.

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Stick around, we're a pretty warm and welcoming bunch.

I'm planning on staying as long as possible. Thank you for the warm welcome to the community!

• 2 weeks later...