Warp in atmosphere!

Ciko

About a year or two ago, when I played KSP, I always played with warp acceleration mods. A long period will come down, I again decided to play and installed version 1.8.1 and mods. 
I tried all possible mods (warpeverywhere, betterwarpcantinued, time control and e.t.c)and the result is one. 
As soon as I enter a certain layer of the atomosphere of any planet (enter the atmoshphere), the warp triangles disappears from max to 4.
I play with the RSS mod and it takes me about 20 minutes of real time  to land rover in free fall for example on Titan. 
I tried without mods and the result is the same. All modes do not work in the atmosphere, even in free fall. 
Does anyone know a solution to this problem? So that you can accelerate warp more than 4x in free fall throughout the landing

Edited by Ciko

You can't warp faster than 4x in atmosphere.

The reason for this, is that when you do a "normal" timewarp, physics is suspended (this is known as being "on rails"). That doesn't work in atmosphere, because the atmospheric physics still need to be applied. Instead, you can warp at 4x "physics warp" which basically runs the physics simulations faster.

A vessel "on rails" will be deleted if it gets too low in the atmosphere, and running physics warp at more than 4x (even sometimes running it AT 4x) is asking for trouble, because if the physics sim can't keep up with the time rate, you get Rapid Unplanned Disassembly

Edited by severedsolo

Regular (non-physics) timewarp only works in vacuum. That gives you no craft control, won't work with SAS or while engines are running, and does not work in atmosphere.

Physics timewarp works in atmosphere, or you can manually trigger it in vacuum by holding the alt key as you change timewarp. Physics timewarp is usually limited to 4x. The mod linked below lets you configure custom timewarp settings. Go beyond 4x cautiously; Kerbals can spontaneously explode while walking, and otherwise-stable ships can twist into pretzels. Make sure to save the game before getting aggressive with physics warp; I typically save just before atmospheric entry so I have something to go back to if the game glitches.

(Your post shows as 3 text boxes rather than plain text. Horizontal scrolling is needed to read an entire paragraph. You'll likely get more responses if you fix that so it's easier for people to read.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.