one of the stages needs double spacebar push

hi, I've just added few parts to a ship that was perfectly working.
but now the stage showed in the screenshot doesn't work well anymore:
on a first spacebar push I ear the sound of the stage but the decoupler don't decouple, it works at a second spacebar push.
I've already tried to substitute that decoupler, tried to restart the game, nothing.
can someone help me fix this without rebuild the ship from scratch?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6rq4xkovsdqi2z/Screenshot 2020-03-02 04.12.17.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3its9xiypf8odvv/eve lander.craft?dl=0

edit: nevermind, I think I've found the problem: those 4 radial parachutes, cannot understand why but if not deployed before the test launch they interfere with the stage 5,
like the system thinks they are on the ship yet, even if they have been detached with the stage 6.

Edited by antipro

Because the staging setup got re-arranged automatically by KSP when you activated the previous stage.

Your staging setup has as stage 0 four parachutes. But these four parachutes are detached when you activate stage 6, so the old stage 0 doesn't make any sense anymore. So KSP re-arranges the staging setup and either to warn you that it did something or because there is now one stage less you need to stage twice to stage the next stage.

As an aside, that feature can sometimes bite you. I lost a craft near Tylo once when I hit the spacebar: the next stage was supposed to activate the retro rockets; for some reason instead of doing that, it staged the one after that, which was to decouple the retro rockets. Funny thing was, the staging sequence at bottom left looked correct, it just activated the stage above the retro rockets for some reason.

(Technically, I didn't lose the craft, it's still orbiting Tylo, it just has no way to go anywhere.)

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

As an aside, that feature can sometimes bite you. I lost a craft near Tylo once when I hit the spacebar

Things like this are why I spam F5 at every major (and most minor) mission event. Before burning, after burning, when getting into orbit, after landing, before takeoff, before and after large staging events. Every few km driving...

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Things like this are why I spam F5 at every major (and most minor) mission event. Before burning, after burning, when getting into orbit, after landing, before takeoff, before and after large staging events. Every few km driving...

I'm not sure what part of my traumatised childhood it reflects on but I derive a certain satisfaction from terrible screw-ups. I generally speaking never quicksave...

51 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

I'm not sure what part of my traumatised childhood it reflects on but I derive a certain satisfaction from terrible screw-ups. I generally speaking never quicksave...

I both quicksave before every serious maneuver and my startup script backups my career saves to a second drive at every start...

Edited by Curveball Anders

7 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I both quicksave before every serious maneuver and my startup script backups my career saves to a seconds drive at every start...

yepp, plus a bi-weekly save of the whole KSP folder, and a backup of GamaData before changing anything with mods. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.