MODS: OLD, NEW, AND DOES NOT EXIST YET

Orca3006

I looked at the other forums and could not find this thread so here we are.  I searched and searched finding parts that are obsolete or just does not exist.  After seeing a load picture I wanted to make it.  It was a bubble command pod, bubble fuel pod ( I assume the mod is LF/O or a ball shaped battery, the batt would be more useful), and the engine from the pic looked like a standard engine.  That said, I found a transparent bubble command pod, but no other ball shaped parts except a single locked fuel tank, hydrogen I think it was.  This brings me to my questions: first is there a mod with a tweak-able ball shaped battery?  Two a mod with a tweak-able ball shaped fuel take that is not locked so the fuel type can be changed?  Three where node placement is nice being able to put it anywhere would also be nice.  I was thinking that if these mods do not exist then it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of someone that could make them.  One other point the pic also had landing gear I did not recognize.  Looked like they were for a heavy duty craft though. 

On 3/3/2020 at 2:24 PM, Orca3006 said:

After seeing a load picture I wanted to make it.

Hi, and welcome to the forums! If you could share this picture with us, it might make it easier to identify the mod(s) in question. A picture speaks a thousand words, as the saying goes. There would be plenty of help if you were interested in making a mod for these parts, check out the Add-on Development subforum for more information!

Tantares has some bubble-shaped pods. There's a capsule suitable for orbital reentry, and a 2nd bubble for landers. Small round fuel tanks are in Tantares, but they are very small.

One of the Near Future collection mods (I forget which exact one) has several sizes of larger spherical tanks. They might default to hydrogen in the VAB, but you can change fuel types and color if the mod and its dependencies are correctly installed. Those tanks have top and bottom nodes for stacking but can also be radially attached.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.