Curent state kerbal ps4 enhanced edition?

Hi all, i just wanted to ask people about the curent state of kerbal ps4 enhanced edition? Last time i played kerbal was when the first dlc hit the stores and i found it unplayable, save files not loading completely, running really slow on bigger builds and bugs so so many bugs has Squad done some fixing on some of these problems i payed €40, - for a game i haven't really been able to play without deleting it out of sheer frustration after once again my entire progress is unusable so to you who still play kerbel often how is it now in 2020?

And to the Squad dev team can you warn us ahead of time if the kerbal 2 ps4 release is anything like this? seeing refunding games on ps4 is a long and usually fruitless effort. 

10 hours ago, EpicDutchGuy said:

Hi all, i just wanted to ask people about the curent state of kerbal ps4 enhanced edition? Last time i played kerbal was when the first dlc hit the stores and i found it unplayable, save files not loading completely, running really slow on bigger builds and bugs so so many bugs has Squad done some fixing on some of these problems i payed €40, - for a game i haven't really been able to play without deleting it out of sheer frustration after once again my entire progress is unusable so to you who still play kerbel often how is it now in 2020?

And to the Squad dev team can you warn us ahead of time if the kerbal 2 ps4 release is anything like this? seeing refunding games on ps4 is a long and usually fruitless effort. 

I don’t play the PS4 version, I have Xbox, but it works very well. My only advice it to log these bugs in the bug tracker, and contact some of the @SQUAD devs, such as @UomoCapra and @JPLRepo, and ask them for these bugs to be managed in the next update release. Also, @SQUAD is not developing KSP2, it is Private Division and one of their subsidiaries. I would say that because KSP 2 will have different release dates for PC and consoles that the lag behind of updates, and updates, or rather lack thereof with the bug fixes, I would guess the same.

@UomoCapra and @JPLRepo, if y’all are reading this, please as around the console community for bugs and such, because the updates, while full of features, sometimes miss bugs that make the game near unplayable. Also, please optimize for having many craft in physics range, so laggy when you have like 10 craft with part counts upward of 100 around KSC, I just want to take off and mine tons of ore at the same time!

Edited by Mikenike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, first post, proly should not be here, but, I joined the forum to see if the PS4 version was playable, as I bought it, and for me it is not.

I have been watching Scott on youtube 4 ages, and did not want Steam on my regular PC, (security).

Nearly bought a gaming desktop, my still, but figured I would get back in gaming doing PS call of duty with a good bud.

Saw that there was a KSP available, thought YEA!!!!!, paid my 15bux, and DL'd KSP enhanced.      have by now spent a couple hours painful  trying to wade thru the tutorial.

Its really nice how the tutorial box blocks the lower right screen corner.

L3  occasionally brings up a cursor, interesting

Anyway, I'd love to rant, but its counterproductive.

Question

should I just delete the enhanced PS4 version, and maybe try the game again when I get a dedicated PC enabling the ability to right click,..... and follow anyone of the many YT tutorials etc

OR

is there a technique, or addon, or tweak that makes the PS4 gamecontroller a usable device to interact with the program

Someone please help this Codger out

TIA

On 5/1/2020 at 12:46 PM, Meicalnissyen said:

is there a technique, or addon, or tweak that makes the PS4 gamecontroller a usable device to interact with the program

It takes time... I had a difficult time getting a handle on the controls, but if you stick with it, I’m sure you’ll get it. There is no trick, per se, just patience. I would assume the pc controls are superior, but if you already own it, give it a little while before you quit it. Once you get the hang of the interface, and the various button combos, it feels surprisingly good, considering how cumbersome and complex the various controls are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.