Name : Rayny-Lodgard-Wehrbart

Size Category : G

YY705kw.png

Name : Lagertrey

Size Category : G

vAnm3MG.png

Name : Tartarus

Size Category : H

Those are all for now, i'll continue my second mission tomorrow...all those things are comets

@The Doodling Astronaut I have two questions:

Are resource converters and mining drills allowed? I guess not because then you could visit arbitrarily many asteroids.

Is it required to have a commnet connection to the KSC when landing for the celestial body to count? Suppose I land on an insterstellar comet but I'm out of reach of the antenna range when I land on it. That is possible because you still have reduced control with the standard settings (you can only use only full throttle and pointing to the directions supported by the sas module).

1 hour ago, EveMaster said:

@The Doodling Astronaut I have two questions:

Are resource converters and mining drills allowed? I guess not because then you could visit arbitrarily many asteroids.

Is it required to have a commnet connection to the KSC when landing for the celestial body to count? Suppose I land on an insterstellar comet but I'm out of reach of the antenna range when I land on it. That is possible because you still have reduced control with the standard settings (you can only use only full throttle and pointing to the directions supported by the sas module).

Yes they are allowed

sort of... The goal would be to transmit it. So I would still stack up on the communication. But you don't need that communication until you grap onto it. After you do for a while feel free to not have connection.  But yes you will need connection when you grab onto it for the first while.

I restarted my mission, meaning that I will start with a better mission. I am going to fly to a few asteroids in kerbin orbit. Afterwords I will fly to a comet then an interstellar comet.

Edited by Guest

Cosmic Chaser has visited it's first two asteroids. The last asteroid put it on a trajectory where it will in 4 kerbin years help get a Dres encounter. So that's where I am going next. Once the comet reaches around Dres orbit, I will separate and visit my first comet for this mission. 

cosmic-chaser.png?w=1054&h=

Ast. UUG-514

cosmic-chaser-thumbnail.png?w=1013&h=

AST. LAH-985

FLAGSHIP RULE CHANGED: YOU NOW ONLY NEED TO ATTATCH TO 1 INTERSTELLAR COMET TO RECEIVE FLAGSHIP AND NO LONGER WILL IT BE 1 COMET AND 1 INTERSTELLAR COMET

Also @GRS what's the name of your mission

Hey guys. I added some ways to end/expand your mission. I hope you like them

Land on Kerbin in one piece once mission is over: 30 points

Simple as that. No loss of any parts of your spacecraft. 

Crash into Jool to prevent contamination in the Kerbol system: 30 points

Re-enter into Jool until all parts of your spacecraft are destroyed.

Collied two asteroids/drestroids together at more than 30 meters per second: 70 points

We want explosion science! Record your moments with this or quicksave and screenshot over different angles.

Ugh...i visited Dike twice...if that won't give me extra scores...i will do everything all over again...

The mission is expected to give me 390 points from targets only if i managed to crash the thing on Jool (at least 460 overally)

Edited by GRS

how much Xenon do you have left? Curious?

Readying for Kerbin departure of Cosmic Chaser! It will ride out on the same trajectory as LAH-985 but won't stay with it.

Edited by Guest

I am in High Dres Orbit but with a problem with communication. Looking for answers

Kerbol blocked Kerbin :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

Four new destinations for me. I rename the Ast. part to Dst. part :D. It helps with people knowing where I went. Now I still got a few more Drestroids to visit but the question is to brute force d/v to Comets or wait years and years for chances to...

3.-dst.-cvo-877.png

4.-dst.-fod-049.png

5.-dst-pih-253.png

6.-dst.-qvr-353.png

Man I wish I had KSP 2 Dres right now. Rumors are that it will have rings.

dres2.jpg

Credit: @Nate Simpson

I ran out of fuel, visited 4 Comets, No Dresteroids (ugh), and 4 Asteroids, also burnt on Jool because i don't have enough fuel to get 1 Dresteroid

Speaking of Dresteroids, I left the Dres system today as I got bored of asteroid catching and visited a comet. But one last desteroid.

7.-dst-ccw-294.png

8.-pake-1.png

On 7/14/2020 at 1:25 AM, GRS said:

I ran out of fuel, visited 4 Comets, No Dresteroids (ugh), and 4 Asteroids, also burnt on Jool because i don't have enough fuel to get 1 Dresteroid

Can we get a full submission?

1 hour ago, GRS said:

Will that count as a Flagship ? If not, i'll redo it with a more improved version

I'm thinking about it as 4 comets is a lot of D/V...

Just trying to encounter an asteroid is making my head hurt:D

Also I don't think I have enough dv to catch a comet, unfortunately.

(I built my ship with a nuclear stage and an ion stage, it has around 12k dv in orbit.)

By the way, can I sent my telescope to a solar orbit to scan for comets?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.