Jump to content

[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

As for the atmosphere issue you mentioned, I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the solar panels, honestly it shouldn't.

I don't know why anything having to do with solar panels would affect atmospheres.  But I do know the atmosphere problem I found was in a dev version that included the solar panel fix.  The problem could have very well been caused by something else in that particular build.  I'm happy to test any particular version of Kopernicus to see if the atmosphere problem I described is present or not.
 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

The problem could have very well been caused by something else in that particular build.
 

I'm inclined to say that's the case. If so, the panels fix should be safe to merge. Should be able to get another release out within the week for testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

KSRSS throws an error -

[LOG 07:38:14]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 07:38:14]: Injector.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target timeScale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target scale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target Epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useOnDemand in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useOnDemandBiomes in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandLoadOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandLogOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandUnloadDelay in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useManualMemoryManagement in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target mainMenuBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target maxViewingDistance in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target scaledSpaceFaderMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target force3DOrbits in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target self in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.StringCollectionParser])
[LOG 07:38:14]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sun
[LOG 07:38:22]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ceres
[LOG 07:38:27]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: ChuryumovGerasimenko
[LOG 07:38:30]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Halley
[LOG 07:38:34]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kerbin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[LOG 07:38:52]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 07:38:52]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 07:40:22]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm new, got the game after 1.9 was released but jumped right into modding. Outer Planets Mod was the first one I wanted to get, but it was dependent on Kopernicus and that was version locked so I just waited until it was updated. Thank you so much for forking this, modders who spend their time making this game so much richer and more alive are responsible for so much joy in the community. I truly appreciate it. 

All that being said, I installed OPM and Kopernicus yesterday and I've had nothing but problems since. I don't see anyone else reporting issues with this, so i'm assuming I have some huge conflict with a mod somewhere, especially since my bugs don't seem like issues that should happen with Kopernicus. For example, I loaded a save and the KSP runway was floating in the air. Another save had a rocket on the launchpad, but I couldn't remove it. It had just disappeared. When I reloaded, the icon to click on the rocket was on top of the tracking station instead. Just now I reloaded a save and the entire space center was underground. 

 

https://streamable.com/1uuxv0

 

Since I'm new, I often don't know when something is an issue with a mod, the base game or just a quirk of the game that happens when I make a mistake. Like a few hours ago, I was waiting for a maneuver node and my dV was bouncing +/- 30dV a couple times a second. I've never seen that before while in stable orbit. The planetary orbits on map view flicker like crazy when I'm not zoomed out. 

 

https://streamable.com/gkw8em

 

Anyway, I don't know if this is Kopernicus, the new Kopernicus fork, or OPM, or one of those conflicting with my other mods, was hoping someone could help me out diagnosing this. My complete modlist is pretty big (I'll post it at the bottom) but the biggest suspects would be Kerbalism, EVE, Scatterer, Interstellar Extended, or maybe Custom Barn Kit not being updated? Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I'm going to ask in OPM as well, but these are the only two mods I've added in the last two weeks and suddenly everything is wonky. 

 

forgot the modlist: tl3GK3K.png

Edited by theicon32
forgot the modlist
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shawn Kerman said:

I have a fixed (and temporary) version of all three of light levels for 1.9.1 @RJVB09, if you would like them I can send it too you to make that it still looks like what it should be in 1.8.x, I have not tested what it's like going to orbit and landing, I only tested that they boot up with no errors.

Sure Id love to give it a test drive! Those are my favorite planet packs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know why anything having to do with solar panels would affect atmospheres.  But I do know the atmosphere problem I found was in a dev version that included the solar panel fix.  The problem could have very well been caused by something else in that particular build.  I'm happy to test any particular version of Kopernicus to see if the atmosphere problem I described is present or not.
 

Hello OhioBob, I have a test build of PanelsFix2 on hand if you'd be willing to test.  Please reach out to me if interested since you know this issue best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sugarblood said:

KSRSS throws an error -

[LOG 07:38:14]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 07:38:14]: Injector.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target timeScale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target scale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target Epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useOnDemand in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useOnDemandBiomes in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandLoadOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandLogOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target onDemandUnloadDelay in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target useManualMemoryManagement in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target mainMenuBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target maxViewingDistance in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target scaledSpaceFaderMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target force3DOrbits in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 07:38:14]: Parsing Target self in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.StringCollectionParser])
[LOG 07:38:14]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sun
[LOG 07:38:22]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ceres
[LOG 07:38:27]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: ChuryumovGerasimenko
[LOG 07:38:30]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Halley
[LOG 07:38:34]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kerbin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[LOG 07:38:52]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 07:38:52]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 07:40:22]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

 

KSRSS is not compatible with KSP 1.9.1, and this has nothing to do with Kopernicus. An update will be released soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to use Nova Kirbani with this kopernicus recompile but I'm not certain it'd be stable. Even if EVE and scatterer help, last time I checked EVE wasn't updated to 1.9.1 and scatterer worked but had this annoying gray square on the screen that wasn't harming my gameplay but was just infuriating. Could I use Nova Kirbani or would it be unstable?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Some random person said:

I'd like to use Nova Kirbani with this kopernicus recompile but I'm not certain it'd be stable. Even if EVE and scatterer help, last time I checked EVE wasn't updated to 1.9.1 and scatterer worked but had this annoying gray square on the screen that wasn't harming my gameplay but was just infuriating. Could I use Nova Kirbani or would it be unstable?

That's a question that would be better directed to the Nova Kirbani devs.  Kopernicus is a dependency used by many many mods.  The Kopernicus devs can't possibly be responsible for all those mods.  It is the responsibility of the other devs to make sure their mods are compatible with Kopernicus.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Some random person said:

I'd like to use Nova Kirbani with this kopernicus recompile but I'm not certain it'd be stable. Even if EVE and scatterer help, last time I checked EVE wasn't updated to 1.9.1 and scatterer worked but had this annoying gray square on the screen that wasn't harming my gameplay but was just infuriating. Could I use Nova Kirbani or would it be unstable?

It's not my recommendation that you use this for regular gameplay at this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Some random person said:

I'd like to use Nova Kirbani with this kopernicus recompile but I'm not certain it'd be stable. Even if EVE and scatterer help, last time I checked EVE wasn't updated to 1.9.1 and scatterer worked but had this annoying gray square on the screen that wasn't harming my gameplay but was just infuriating. Could I use Nova Kirbani or would it be unstable?

 

Scatterer should be working, I helped with the update.

 

There is a 1.9.1 eve (also built by me), but it's deprecated because when combined with scatterer, all/most of EVE's bugs are effectively worked around, making it sorta redundant.

You can find my builds here if you really want them.  Keep in mind I am no longer working on them, as I have teamed up with the Kopernicus project here and that's already more than enough for me... lol

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

39 minutes ago, prestja said:

It's not my recommendation that you use this for regular gameplay at this time.

Mine as well.  We are here to get this up to full "release quality" but right now it's more "beta"

When I "play" kerbal and not "test" kerbal, I still am on 1.8.1.  But you can help us have that not be the case by reporting bugs!

Chief bugs I am aware of in Kopernicus right now are:

1.)  Very bad scatter performance, best to just turn them off.

2.)  Terrain is only working on highest setting shader, and looks bad/not right.  Really the first part is fine, the second is not though.

3.)  Oceans are glitched if not using scatterer.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Hello OhioBob, I have a test build of PanelsFix2 on hand if you'd be willing to test.  Please reach out to me if interested since you know this issue best.

I'll test it if you can make it available to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested @R-T-B's build that includes PanelFix2.  Unfortunately the atmosphere bug that I reported is present in this build.  Beware that I don’t know anything about the internal workings of Kopernicus, but I do know enough about how KSP computes atmospheric temperatures to understand in part what I’m seeing.  To explain the bug, I have to explain a little bit about temperature calculations.

In its simplest form,

Local Temperature = temperatureCurve + (temperatureSunMultCurve * temperatureOffset)

TemperatureOffset is the sum of a bunch of stuff that accounts for variations due to things like latitude (temperatureLatitudeBiasCurve), time of day (temperatureLatitudeSunMultCurve), etc.

What I’m seeing when measuring temperatures around the planet is that,

Local Temperature = temperatureCurve

That is, the second part of the equation, (temperatureSunMultCurve * temperatureOffset), is apparently always retuning a value of zero.

For example, on Kerbin at an altitude of 0, temperatureCurve returns a value of 288.15.  Using R-T-B’s build, anyplace I land in the water on Kerbin – be it at the equator, near a pole, day, or night – the temperature is always exactly 288.15 K.  None of the offsets are being applied.

Note that temperatures are correctly computed in build 1.9.1-1.
 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think it'd be possible to pick up Kopernicus Expansion Continued as well? That one's still stuck way back in 1.7 with only select features still functional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

Do you think it'd be possible to pick up Kopernicus Expansion Continued as well? That one's still stuck way back in 1.7 with only select features still functional.

No promises at this time as Kopernicus itself is the highest priority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, prestja said:

No promises at this time as Kopernicus itself is the highest priority.

Oh, sure, obviously making the build fully stable comes first. I was just curious if you were open to it, say, once Kopernicus gets back to a maintenance level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarriorSabe said:

Oh, sure, obviously making the build fully stable comes first. I was just curious if you were open to it, say, once Kopernicus gets back to a maintenance level.

Certainly open to it, after Kopernicus and Kittopia are taken care of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really grateful you took this on. I know you're currently working on improving/testing 1.9.1 compatibility, but do you plan to hold off on too much until 1.10? Or is the focus essentially 1.9.1 and then once it's as stable as you can get it, cross that bridge when you come to it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Really grateful you took this on. I know you're currently working on improving/testing 1.9.1 compatibility, but do you plan to hold off on too much until 1.10? Or is the focus essentially 1.9.1 and then once it's as stable as you can get it, cross that bridge when you come to it?

Stability of 1.9.1 is priority. 1.10 is set to introduce new elements that require additional development time for Kopernicus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Do you think it'd be possible to pick up Kopernicus Expansion Continued as well? That one's still stuck way back in 1.7 with only select features still functional.

I know for a fact the new Atlas terrain shader is not footprint friendly, so at least that part will be extremely hard.  It's only on Kerbin now, but will be used on more and more bodies going forward.

The rest of the Expansion should work though.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...