Blank RO Engines

Tochno

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums and I'm a bit uncertain if this should go under add-on discussions or not (perhaps technical support for modded installs). anyhow:

I've started getting into RSS/RO. I sat up a few hours last night and worked on getting it all to work properly. Now though, I'm seeing that all the RO Engines have 0 kN of thrust, 0 isp, and it seems like they all have a mass of 2 metric tons.

Am I missing a config or something?... An additional mod? I've looked in the "GameData\ROEngines\PartConfigs", the cfg files don't say anything about thrust, mass, or efficiency. It's mainly visual stuff such as the plume, mesh, gimbal range and all that.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

F-1 engine as an example

7fRkBqc.png

Thanks.

Edited by Tochno

10 hours ago, Tochno said:

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums and I'm a bit uncertain if this should go under add-on discussions or not (perhaps technical support for modded installs). anyhow:

I've started getting into RSS/RO. I sat up a few hours last night and worked on getting it all to work properly. Now though, I'm seeing that all the RO Engines have 0 kN of thrust, 0 isp, and it seems like they all have a mass of 2 metric tons.

Am I missing a config or something?... An additional mod? I've looked in the "GameData\ROEngines\PartConfigs", the cfg files don't say anything about thrust, mass, or efficiency. It's mainly visual stuff such as the plume, mesh, gimbal range and all that.

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

F-1 engine as an example

7fRkBqc.png

Thanks.

Sounds like you are missing a mod dependency perhaps?

Thank you both for the replies.

I just double-checked and I have all the dependencies for RO Engines, including ROLib of course.

@ValiZockt where could I find the relevant logs? I found two files in "KSP\Logs\ModuleManager". They're called MMPatch and ModuleManager. Which one and which parts should I share?

Log files for 1.8.0+ can be found in: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log

Also be sure if downloaded on GitHub always (if not anywhere specifically written down) download the release not the master.

Thinking more about that issue, im thinking that you have some problem with RealismOverhaul, ROEngines doesn’t house the thrust/fuel configs. RO does that.

Edited by ValiZockt

Alright. I feel very dumb right now. I missed the core mod of realism overhaul itself. I thought that Realism Overhaul was basically a mod-pack. But I must've missed the big DOWNLOAD text on the main forum page. So, yeah. I was missing a dependency in a way, a big one. It seems to work great now though.

Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.