Recommendations for a book to read.

Selective Genius

Hello, I am a bit tired of KSP at the moment, so I have been thinking of reading some fiction. Do you know about books or shorts stories in which the protagonist (through some means) is transported to a medieval world and uses knowledge that is commonplace in the 21st century to bring about a massive change? Basically, a 21st century human 'uplifting' some medieval peasants.

I know of the 1632 series of novels, but any other suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Well, there's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur's_Court

i recall reading a novel which was a novelization of the Disney movie Unidentified Flying Oddball aka A Spaceman in King Arthur's Court, which was loosely based on the above Twain novel, but Google only brought up the movie. But it's more of a kids story.

Not medieval, but you may want to try Lightning by Dean Koontz, which involves time travel.  

Look up "King David's Spaceship" by Jerry Pournelle.

Or also, there is "Janissaries" by that same author, which is a bit more war-minded but also has the medieval-civ-in-space theme to it.  There's also a sequel to that one, though I forget exactly what it was called...

Timeline by Michael Crichton, although not about improving the medieval times, is about modern folk going back, for reasons and doing stuff.

There is a 2003 film adaptation, which I don't think did the novel justice, so don't watch that if you think you'll ever read the novel, which you should do, regardless of the fact that it's not exactly what you are asking about.

I know it’s not fiction, but I highly recommend Gene Kranz’s ‘failure is not an option’. It really provides some amazing information, and when you read that book you see that it’s a miracle that we ever got to the moon.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.