0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I'll say this much: The white dots and lines in the SSTV pic are meaningless :sticktongue:

Yes you already told us that 23 September. :P

Then on the flipside we have the ultimate possibility, "Watch, I'll add a random shape to this ****, it'll have those idiots guessing for MONTHS as to what it means, I bet they'll work it into all kinds of grand conspiracies!" from a cruel dev joke.
For the dots and lines on the left and right, yeah :sticktongue:

However, there's some manner of meaning behind it - although a lot of the detail in the image was lost in the conversion.

But keep it secret, I'd like to search the meaning of the image by our own (unless we still don't know it after one year xD).

I love this easter egg.

Using the better version of the image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34653[/ATTACH]

This is my interpretation.

** Things i'm fairly certain of **

- The object at the top of the red line is the magic boulder.

- The 6 evenly spaced dots next to the red line are indicating altitude (but who knows on what scale)

Having read on the Pioneer plaques yesterday, those six dots could actually be (rotated horizontally) the string ||--||, which is the binary number 110011, which is 51 in decimal. That's probably the distance between the pyramid and the body, we now need the unit of measure.

Having read on the Pioneer plaques yesterday, those six dots could actually be (rotated horizontally) the string ||--||, which is the binary number 110011, which is 51 in decimal. That's probably the distance between the pyramid and the body, we now need the unit of measure.
I'll say this much: The white dots and lines in the SSTV pic are meaningless :sticktongue:

*cough* Ahem.

Wait, Which white dots are you referring to, the one big one on the left with the lines and the three on the right, or the six little ones beside the red line?

If the plugin you made makes a line from your ship to the Magic Boulder, why is there a second line going in some random direction?

Second blue line is somehow visible when you are pretty close to boulder, it's showing it's orbit....

The little ones. He means they're a result of the encoding/decoding introducing some error.

... No I mean the collection of dots and lines on the left and the 3 big dots on the right. They mean absolutely nothing.

Hell, neither do the 6 vertical dots.

Well now we know what to leave out.

I think I'll just start playing around in KSP in the hope that I find something new without looking for it.

But I won't put this mystery out of my mind, what can it be?

Ive got a ship of 6 on its way expect to be there in less than an hour. will try to put 4 next to piramid and if that dosnt work will lanch straight up in hopes of finding said rock.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34833[/ATTACH]I just finished doing the same no disernable difference. The cake wasn't a lie but this is for now at least.

Edited by Fried

Nova just give us a hint my brain hurts from all the beeping and working :confused:

He has.. on re-reading the thread, I found this that I missed the first time through.

I'll give you a hint: The SSTV is merely the first piece of a puzzle, and currently the only piece of it. All the other stuff that's been found, like the weirdness on the south pole, the star on Bop's north pole, the light on laythe, are just graphics bugs.

Fight now we're trying to figure out the image on a jigsaw puzzle with just one piece. We'll just have to wait until they give us more pieces before getting farther with this.

Ive read every single word on this thread post whatever it is, it took me almost two days, so that i would be fully informed before posting but i still think that there are more peaces in play that we havent fuly dicovered hense the magic boulder. why implament the boulder before there is a link to it in the game? Also whoever did ikes orbit is a genus to make it locked faceing duna.

Edited by Fried