0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Some days ago, when I got into the Mun menu screen, I saw a white dot passing at high speed through the screen.

Is it possible that the Magic Boulder was included also in the menu screen?

That's one of the helmets which goes flying past. It's on a few menu screens. The reason that I don't think it's the magic boulder is because the game itself is not loaded so neither are any planets or orbits, it's just a physical scenario such as 3D models in "orbit" or "standing on the ground".

I suspect it's just a scatter glitch as it looks identical to the rest of the scatter rocks (which happily sit on the ground) it's also casting no shadow, which implies that it isn't a physical object, like the scatter rocks.

If you want I can post the location/ coords for others to investigate it?

bjqyd8hu.jpg

w76wjol4.jpg

I can not be the only one seeing the parrallels right?

I just watched the stargtemovie yesterday when i saw this thread :D

(for those who dont know, its the scene where daniel jackson discovers the 7.th chevron on the Stargate)

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present...

screenshot6-1.png

To help you with size/perspective, that rock is hanging directly above the rover at a height of ~10-15m

nope, that's only a glitch (i know for sure that there are some of them on the moon too), not the Magic Boulder.

So here's something different. I don't really know if it's an easter egg or some graphical glitch, and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet (sorry if I missed it), as it struck me the first time I got to Bop.

Look at the mountains above my ship and you should see that the brighter mountain seems to be moving relative to the darker mountains, as if Bop was made of two bodies that intersect each other.

Edited by Koen

Hey Everyone! So I used Mechjeb and on the moon at exactly 90° N 90° E I found this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34595[/ATTACH]

Anything meaningful? In regard to the Pyramid thingy on Duna?

Edit: I meant the picture....

Edited by angeldust

So here's something different. I don't really know if it's an easter egg or some graphical glitch, and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet (sorry if I missed it), as it struck me the first time I got to Bop.

Look at the mountains above my ship and you should see that the brighter mountain seems to be moving relative to the darker mountains, as if Bop was made of two bodies that intersect each other.

That's definitely a bug.

Hey Everyone! So I used Mechjeb and on the moon at exactly 90° N 90° E I found this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34595[/ATTACH]

Anything meaningful? In regard to the Pyramid thingy on Duna?

Edit: I meant the picture....

The poles often show up as a pyramid. It's a glitch due to the way planet's are wrapped in 3D.

Yes, that's a bug. There's supposed to be a large crater on Bop, but it doesn't display in the scaled space, so it appears to fade in as you get close.

If that is the sun and the lines intersect at four planets maby a manned mission to each including kerbol (aka earth) all having a pease of the mistery. also the top kerbol and the arrow would indicate the siggnal comeing from kerbol being amplifyed and cleand up by the piramid before being resent. Thus my conclution is kerbol is the original transmiter of the signal but from where?

Edited by Fried

Dosnt the arrow indicate the signal is coming from kerbol. If so from where? Also someone previously stated that entering the magic rock thing from the back launches you at high speeds. I think the coordinates are an assent vector and time are a way to enter the rock and get shot somewhere else at high speeds. Many in another update to another sun.

Edited by Fried
more to my idea

You say shot somewhere. I've been thinking about it, idk at how much speed it is... could it be (for a future update) that it's something like a 'wormhole'.

A SSTV signal on a planet indicates with a map where the Magic Boulder is, we've already found it but the signal we have is only a piece of the puzzle.

But the map/descriptive image tells other lifeforms that there a wormhole that might lead to their 'sun' with planet(s).

So the SSTV signal could be a leftover of a ancient lifeform that used wormholes to reach many light years... etc etc.

I'm probably thinking way to much out of the box. And my knowledge about wormholes and light-years is quite basic so it's probably rubbish what I'm saying now. :P

You say shot somewhere. I've been thinking about it, idk at how much speed it is... could it be (for a future update) that it's something like a 'wormhole'.

A SSTV signal on a planet indicates with a map where the Magic Boulder is, we've already found it but the signal we have is only a piece of the puzzle.

But the map/descriptive image tells other lifeforms that there a wormhole that might lead to their 'sun' with planet(s).

So the SSTV signal could be a leftover of a ancient lifeform that used wormholes to reach many light years... etc etc.

I'm probably thinking way to much out of the box. And my knowledge about wormholes and light-years is quite basic so it's probably rubbish what I'm saying now. :P

Using the better version of the image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34653[/ATTACH]

This is my interpretation.

** Things i'm fairly certain of **

- The object at the top of the red line is the magic boulder.

- The 6 evenly spaced dots next to the red line are indicating altitude (but who knows on what scale)

- The orange sphere is Duna

- The pyramid is being being shown to be on Duna's south pole by the connecting line.

- The red line is indicating the magic boulder will be over Duna's south pole at X altitude

- The three lines indicate an angle.. the two long lines being the reference lines, and the short one showing which angle to measure.

** Complete guesses on my part **

- The three dots in a row represent the inner 3 planets

** NFC **

- What object the angle is referring to

- The meaning of the four figures/structures

Synopsis:

Well, if this is a map, then in this environment, it has to be showing us two things.. Where and when.

I think *where* is over Duna's south pole at an altitude of 6'something' (6km? 60km? 600km?)

The rest of the image has to indicate *when* the object (magic boulder?) will be there.

I really wish Nova would let us know when we're close on stuff.. Because for all we know, the SSTV image could just be the result of one of the devs letting a creative 12yo loose with MSpaint just to torment us. lol.

Also There could be more than one boulder becase an interplanitary orbit would be hard to make work everytime. The white orb could be moons with there own boulder and artifact pointing to it (ex multiple places of it being seen, and multiple monuments on moons near planest where it has been seen.). the blueish circle could be minmus perhaps lathye? The four men equaling four missions needing to go two four moons from kerbol hence the arrow. Also the asemt vectors tell you how to get to the first majic rock and the weird five point monument on that one moon telling you how to get to another magic rock. just a theroy what do you think? P.S sorry for the doble post but this has more of my idea.

Edited by Fried

Well. considering we're dealing with objects that are moving through space here.. something in the image has to be telling us *when* the objects will be at those locations. Not just *where* the locations are.