0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Why should they be disguised so hard? I think mapsat is the perfect balance between frustrating and no fun because too easy.

That wouldn't make sense.

MapSat simulates radar mapping, which would detect and report on anomalies

Even with MapSat, finding the anomolies is challenging considering the dot covers at least a dozen km^2. I spent a lot of time looking for one of the munoliths on Kerbin using it without realizing that I needed to look up a bit to actually see it.

There's every chance the easter-eggs may be moved in future updates too. And possibly to harder to reach areas like the lower elevations of Moho or on steep inclinations with no viable landing spots for a few km around it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nova "accidentally" puts a few dozen underground as "red-herrings" after all this.

Edited by Maddmatts

mapsat as it is makes logical sense, and i get it, im not even against it, i just dont want to use it, not even for terrain mapping, i just prefer to recon things myself. for me tis as easy as not installing.

now as for why i would want some things hidden?

it just more awesome to have little gems hidden in the game that are discovered by total accident. that doesnt happen with mapsat because players will discover them, and they will be known, and /17 discovries took very VERY little time to discover, which makes the easter egg itself, less awesome.

imagine how great it would be for a patch to come out, mapsat users find some things and its all hurray huzzah thats cool sweet dude high fives alla round, except for jimmy, cause he didnt wash after he flushed. then, a couple weeks, maybe a month or longer downt he road, this amazing thing was found, that mapsat couldnt pick up, it was well hidden (imagine something as awesome as the magic boulder or the sstv) and then someone comes on andsuddenly there this amazing thing in the game, thats been there this whole time noone ever knew about, people were at the phase of the games where they were not even looking for things, someone just foud it.

those types of discoveries are the best, because its exciting, its amazing.

I just got a theory. It might have been mentioned but what if the what if those there space bodies where the magic bolder seen for different angles. The redish sphere would be Duna and those bodies above it might be the bolder seen at different angles. There seems to be something weird happening with it. Green rips across it surface. Maybe it holds some magical powers or possibly was maybe those green rips are the left overs of what looks like a laser pointing to it.

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible. The only solid portion of the collision mesh appears to be in front of the boulder and any landing attempts from that direction results in you watching your craft explode part by part as you slowly approach. From any other direction you sink through the boulder until you hit the front and are flung at high speed away minus a few parts.

YES!!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!! :D

scaled.php?server=87&filename=screenshot55j.png&res=landingscaled.php?server=152&filename=screenshot59z.png&res=landing

I had to build this thing

scaled.php?server=803&filename=screenshot2fg.png&res=landing

Which ends up doing

scaled.php?server=507&filename=screenshot17i.png&res=landing

So I can land in many different places

scaled.php?server=140&filename=screenshot61v.png&res=landing

I've spent the last 3 weeks(!!!) trying to find one of these, landing on the other large craters with my regular lander and taking off when I realised that was taking me too much time. So instead I built a ship to handle it all and now I got it :D. Now I just need to find the other two and I'll be happy with Mun.

Then Minmus :D

YES!!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!! :D

scaled.php?server=87&filename=screenshot55j.png&res=landingscaled.php?server=152&filename=screenshot59z.png&res=landing

I had to build this thing

scaled.php?server=803&filename=screenshot2fg.png&res=landing

Which ends up doing

scaled.php?server=507&filename=screenshot17i.png&res=landing

So I can land in many different places

scaled.php?server=140&filename=screenshot61v.png&res=landing

I've spent the last 3 weeks(!!!) trying to find one of these, landing on the other large craters with my regular lander and taking off when I realised that was taking me too much time. So instead I built a ship to handle it all and now I got it :D. Now I just need to find the other two and I'll be happy with Mun.

Then Minmus :D

Congrats on your progress, great pictures also!

I just found something!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34039[/ATTACH]

i guess that's the boulder right?

EDIT: seems like you can't see it very well :/

Over the DEMV there is a tiny white speck, i think that might be the boulder?

Tbh, the thing isn't there anymore? but since i read somewhere that the boulder moves around randomly i guess that might be it.

For the coordinates, wait a moment i'll look it up :)

EDIT: Duna Mapsat #1 says the coordinates are -30.6 N -28.8 E.... so yeah it's somewhere around there.

EDIT2: Bing! sudden realization the anomaly shown by mapsat is not on the ground (where i have been searching) but instead in the air :D

wow i'm stupid^^

Edited by DonKamillo

Tbh, the thing isn't there anymore? but since i read somewhere that the boulder moves around randomly i guess that might be it.

For the coordinates, wait a moment i'll look it up :)

EDIT: Duna Mapsat #1 says the coordinates are -30.6 N -28.8 E.... so yeah it's somewhere around there.

EDIT2: Bing! sudden realization the anomaly shown by mapsat is not on the ground (where i have been searching) but instead in the air :D

wow i'm stupid^^

Moves around randomly eh? I'm gonna bring my theory up again that you can encounter this "randomly" moving boulder when the 3 inner planets allign, and fly from the pyramid, or some kind of point from Duna or maybe Ike up, can you then encounter the boulder?