TheProdigy

Hi, I found (I think) all the Easter egg of 0.17

NEPuJ.png

I hope you don't miss any anomaly

Zsz05.png

bINpq.png

rc6ky.png

Monolith in mountains west of KSP. App. coords, -1 N -18 E

Floating like 100 meters from the ground...

5Dm53.png

Monolith in far mountains north of KSP. App. coords, 36 N -75 E

Jeb, don't touch!! You don't know what could happen!!

IMdsm.png

The other KSP. App. coords, 20 N -146 E

I5LyO.png

HKVBO.png

Monolith so far. App. coords, -29 N -13 E

Ciao!!

Edited by MOhon

That's your game bugging out and showing the orbit around Duna.

I just found the Space Kraken on Bop but a bug kept me from coming close :( There was a seam that was floating and when I reloaded to fix it I can't do anything. I can't EVA, I cant move. Nothing.

Photo of it:

B8bPD.png

(That speck in the distance is the Space Kraken).

Edited by swiftgates24

Please don't post coords.

God forbid he post spoilers for easter eggs in the Easter Egg thread right? How are you even going to use those without Mapsat, which will give you coords anyways? If you can't take spoilers don't post in this thread.

Well i wrote a plugin that draws a line from active ship to Magic Boulder :) I know it's there. But i can't reach it, couse of it changing altitude and inclination ...
1Tc26.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/1Tc26.png numbers in the log windows in distance between ship and Boulder.

I nominate you for most brilliant person in the world. It is such a simple idea: write a code to put a line between your ship and the Boulder.

Hat's off to you!

4f86d8b3_Your_logic_is_flawless_I_tip_my_hat_to.jpg

How can you do something 'not legit' or with 'cheats' in a sandbox game? I don't really get it.

If you don't want to see easter egg and there locations then why are you in the 0.17 Easter eggs thread?

I don't want to start a off-topic discussion here but it annoys me how pointing a line to a object is referenced to cheating and using a mapping tool isn't. O.o

Anyway, I think I finally managed to learn how to do interplanetary flights (I think).

So thanks again Nova, without the easter eggs I would be so enthusiastic to get to these things by myself.

And thanks everyone for posting clues and pics, they really help me out! :D

In retrospect given all the the hints the location of the magic boulder seems really obvious.

1) 1 anomaly on Ike no one has found

2) Not in orbit around Duna

3) Map going from Duna to Ike

Also, the fun isn't ruined guys we still have to figure out what this map mumbo jumbo means, we can't be that kid that grabs the prize out of the cereal box and then never eats the cereal.

How can you do something 'not legit' or with 'cheats' in a sandbox game? I don't really get it.

If you don't want to see easter egg and there locations then why are you in the 0.17 Easter eggs thread?

I don't want to start a off-topic discussion here but it annoys me how pointing a line to a object is referenced to cheating and using a mapping tool isn't. O.o

I think we have a mis-understanding. I've found most of the easter eggs so it really doesn't matter to me. But he made to plugin to find THE MAGIC BOULDER!? I don't mind MapSat or the Muon-Detector but the magic boulder is just too far for me.

And to me a plugin or mod part is non-legit.

I agree, Blinkin and a1fonzo.

We can dwell on how we got to seeing the magic boulder, or we can continue to uncover the detailed mystery that Nova has made.

I think we should go for the latter, it seems like much more fun than wallowing around and arguing about what counts as 'cheating'.

Don't make us start removing posts from this topic, guys. :)

Ai, ai ai. Don't you guys get it? He found that out from the rest of the clues! After finding out the location, the map, the image, everything else, he finally figured out to simplify the process (LIKE WE DO WITH THE ISA MAPSAT) we just make a line to to it (basically). He was pretty genius and plus, you guys looked in the spoiler. If you wanted to find it manually, go ahead.

Easter eggs are commonly found like this, even in the Portal 2 ARG many of the easter eggs were found unconventionally. We did exactly that. Novaslisko, sometimes, the community doesn't go your way to find something. It's quite fun doing unconventional detection.

Also, wouldn't every basic autopilot, mapsat, anomaly finder, everything, be a cheat if that's considered a cheat? It's a sandbox. Nothing can be considered a cheat until we really get campaign, and still it would be a singleplayer so it's near impossible to call it cheating.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is also the .17 easter egg thread, isn't the point to find the easter egg in any means?

I've been loving searching for the Easter eggs, they really add a lot of fun to the game. I've been using mapsat to find the general location to give me a landing site, and then using the muon detectors to pinpoint them when I'm on the on the surface.

I can understand Novas frustration about how they've all been tracked down so fast, but using only stock parts you basically have to stumble into them by dumb luck, so I'm not surprised people have made tools to find them. Without mapsat and the muon detector I think I'd have gotten frustrated and stopped trying to find them by

If it's any consolation Nova, I'm sure there are plently of players that haven't visited this thread. Generally only a fraction of people that play any particular game will frequently visit the forums.

All-right then, sorry for the trouble. The magic boulder should be orbiting Kerbol and it has an SOI of 10KM :D It would be very hard to get to, but you would be able to land on it. Putting it around a moon is too easy, seeing someone already found it. Not many people would think to look around Kerbol. Now that I think about it, has anyone looked around Kerbol close to it's surface for anything? Anything on the sun spots?

Not sure, I looked it up and didn't find one. I make on I guess.

Not sure, I looked it up and didn't find one. I make on I guess.

Kerbol: Unknown

Moho: Unknown

Eve: Unknown---Gilly: Unknown

Kerbin: Second KSC, Munoliths---Mun: Arches, Munoliths---Minmus: Floating Munolith

Duna: Face, SSTV Signal, Pyramids---Ike: Magic Boulder (Or is it Mun)

Jool: Laythe: Unknown---Vall: Unknown---Tylo: Unknown---Bop: Space Kraken

I know I missed a lot so sorry about that :)

Edited by swiftgates24
Added List

Anyway, I think I finally managed to learn how to do interplanetary flights (I think).

So thanks again Nova, without the easter eggs I would be so enthusiastic to get to these things by myself.

And thanks everyone for posting clues and pics, they really help me out! :D

No it isint not if you just want to be a tourist!

I REALLY hate to be a kill joy, but in all likelihood, the Magic Boulder is not what the SSTV is referring to, based on the fact that it is by Nova's admission, the only implemented piece of the puzzle in the game... but grats on finding the Magic Boulder the Kerbal way... FACE FIRST!