This shouldn't have floated.

Do you ever try something that shouldn't work, only for it to work?  I'm experimenting with amphibious boat bases for exploring Eve's seas, and thought that a hydroplane would work. I expected the pontoons to sink.

https://imgur.com/a/ZGlwt1m

Imgur change their link options. How to I post pictures now?

Edited by Zosma Procyon

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

Imgur change their link options. How to I post pictures now?

You'll need a direct link to the image.

1. In Imgur, click the image you posted

2. right click it

3. click 'copy image adress'

You now have a direct link to the image. Direct links to images often end with .png or .jpg. Do not expect a link that doesn't end in a image file format to embed propertly. Most sites will assume these to be links to normal websites. 

Here's what your direct link to the image looks like: https://i.imgur.com/CBtHoVo.png 

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I'm experimenting with amphibious boat bases for exploring Eve's seas, and thought that a hydroplane would work. I expected the pontoons to sink.

The density of Eve's seas is higher than on Kerbin, so parts have more buoyancy. Even full fuel tanks float on Eve's seas. Full ore tanks, heavy structural parts and heavy engines do sink.

@Vanamonde, you screenshotted a movie shot/pic. and used it for demonstration. This man is straight savage. He don't care about the potential copyright issues here. Isn't there a rule for copyrighted stuff for the forums? 

@Vanamonde, you screenshotted a movie shot/pic. and used it for demonstration. This man is straight savage. He don't care about the potential copyright issues here. Isn't there a rule for copyrighted stuff for the forums? Just checked. There is, but I could be fair use, potential could

18 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

This is what I see.

If you hover your cursor over the top right corner of the image, you'll see a widget appear, with the option to 'Copy' the image link. To the right of that you'll see a small arrow down. Hover over it to get a small menu, you'll want the option 'get share links'. One of the link types is the BBCode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.