How to get pre 1.0.5 versions and post 0.18.3

Delta dart

I remembered that I had 1.0 on my old pc that ended up dying and wanted to relive the memories but can't find anything pre 1.0.5 and post 0.18.3. If anyone could find a way to get 1.0 that isn't some virus website it would be very helpful.

My first version was 0.20.2, but I wasn’t able to find any legit place to get it. I do wish there was an official way to download any previous version, rather than having to resort to... other means for that hit of nostalgia.

Edited by RyanRising

Just now, RyanRising said:

My first version was 0.20.2, but I wasn’t able to find any legit place to get it. I do wish there was an official way to download any previous version, rather than having to resort to... other means for that hit of nostalgia.

It does suck that there is no official way to get older versions of the game, those extra hoops of risking your security and PC for an older version of KSP seems a little extreme.

We have contacted SQUAD about the legality of using the above mentioned app to obtain old versions of KSP from steam with a valid purchase.   Until we get a ruling on this, please refrain from delving into any alternative methods for obtaining the game. 

If you have any questions regarding this topic, please refer to this post:

10 hours ago, Gargamel said:

We have contacted SQUAD about the legality of using the above mentioned app to obtain old versions of KSP from steam with a valid purchase.   Until we get a ruling on this, please refrain from delving into any alternative methods for obtaining the game. 

If you have any questions regarding this topic, please refer to this post:

Update us when they decide the legality of it!

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, pyropelush said:

Update us when they decide the legality of it!

And we have received word that this method, since this is a Steam thing and not SQUAD, and you must own a copy of the game for this to work, is fine to use.  @4x4cheesecake just made a really good post on how to use this:

Please direct questions on this method to that thread.