Docking mode bug

I play on xbox one and occasionally encounter a strange issue when I'm in docking mode. Most of the time it doesn't happen, just occasionally. When I switch to docking mode and turn my rcs thrusters on, they will sporadically fire short bursts. I am set to sas on but not locked to prograde, etc. If I turn sas off, the vehicle starts firing the rcs thrusters sending me into an uncontrollable spin. Is this a known bug? 

I'm pretty sure the controller is not at fault, it hasn't caused issues anywhere else. 

I guess it's possible about the trim. I'm not sure what trim does exactly but I've possibly switched it on without realising. Would this cause the craft to start spinning wildly? 

23 minutes ago, ConArt70 said:

I'm pretty sure the controller is not at fault, it hasn't caused issues anywhere else. 

I guess it's possible about the trim. I'm not sure what trim does exactly but I've possibly switched it on without realising. Would this cause the craft to start spinning wildly? 

Yes, it's probably the largest cause of controllable rotations in the game.   There's not an obvious indicator that it's been adjusted slightly, and even looking at the indicator, you wouldn't notice it was very slightly off center. 

22 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Yes, it's probably the largest cause of controllable rotations in the game.   There's not an obvious indicator that it's been adjusted slightly, and even looking at the indicator, you wouldn't notice it was very slightly off center. 

Actually, you would on the consoles. Look at your Pitch/Roll/Yaw indicators. What color are they? If they are pink, then Trim has been set. This is a console feature that the PC version doesn't have, AFAIK.

Trim is like having a continuous input on one axis. So it definitely causes spinning.

3 hours ago, bewing said:

Actually, you would on the consoles. Look at your Pitch/Roll/Yaw indicators. What color are they? If they are pink, then Trim has been set. This is a console feature that the PC version doesn't have, AFAIK.

Trim is like having a continuous input on one axis. So it definitely causes spinning.

Thanks, I'll take a look when I get home

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.