Docking Vessels causing save bug/glitch

Was wondering if anyone else was encountering this bug/ glitch. 

After launching a Saturn V styled rocket, reaching the destination, doing the Kerbal thing and returning to orbit I will find the MK1-3 Command Pod RCS showing its discharge visual effects. 

The MK1-3 Command Pod is unmanned and no probe. Not actually using monopropellant either, just showing the visual effects. 

When I dock the vessels, I am unable to save the game or exit using the UI. I can F9 to reload a previous quick save or force close (ALT-F4). I am unable to switch vessels from the map viewer or return to the KSC using the UI above the altimeter. Even returning to Kerbin and trying the "Recover Vessel" does nothing. 

I have experienced this bug/ glitch around both the Mun and Minimus.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

15 hours ago, The Mighty Condor said:

Was wondering if anyone else was encountering this bug/ glitch. After launching a Saturn V styled rocket, reaching the destination, doing the Kerbal thing and returning to orbit I will find the MK1-3 Command Pod RCS showing its discharge visual effects. The MK1-3 Command Pod is unmanned and no probe. Not actually using monopropellant either, just showing the visual effects. 

I swear few days ago i saw someone posting the same RCS visual bug but i can't find it now.

As for the rest, have you trtied hitting Alt+F12(Debug/cheat Menu) and hitting that ''Clear Input Lock'' button, maybe it will help.

Edited by Boyster

Same issue here. All stock. Game is hemorrhaging NRE's. Was hoping landing would fix it... nope. This is a SIX YEAR OLD BUG. >.< I remember dealing with this six years ago and there are even threads going back that long asking about it. 1.11 is the first time ive played stock in years and its good to know 90% of the bugs ive been tackling in my modded installs were all stock issues. One of the buggiest KSP experiences ive ever had so far. Zero mods. XD.

Edited by Motokid600

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro this thread. I remember this bug from way back, was hoping 1.11 solved it. Found out bug still exists (No Mechjeb2 mod or anything similar) and didn't find another thread with this bug.

When the bug occurs, I can't save, quit, I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL just as before, and shut down the game.

Question is, does anyone have any more information on this issue? Any work-arounds discovered?

Thanx.

8 hours ago, Dientus said:

Question is, does anyone have any more information on this issue? Any work-arounds discovered?

Thanx.

I think this is your problem but it was supposed to get fixed in the latest patch?

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26961

I haven't encountered it myself but to be fair i have very few hours in the latest patch.

4 hours ago, Boyster said:

I think this is your problem but it was supposed to get fixed in the latest patch?

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26961

I haven't encountered it myself but to be fair i have very few hours in the latest patch.

That is it. Thanx very much for the link!

I am playing PC v 1.11 and it still exists, I was hoping that it was fixed by now as well. ;.;

But thanx to you @Boyster I have a link to watch now. Maybe this will help inform others who search for a solution to the issue. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.