1.11 Repair missions seem glitched

Is it my imagination, or are these repair missions really glitched?

I had a mission to repair a communotron 16 antenna on a satellite. So Jeb and Bill went to it, with repair kits (Bill is level 3). He EVA'd over to it and repaired the antenna. I checked to make sure anything else needed fixing, and there wasn't. However, the "repair antenna" criteria of the mission wasn't checked and the contract didn't complete. I tried reloading the save, I tried going in and out of the Tracking Station and the contract still did not complete. I re-read the mission and there's nothing I failed to do. I repaired the antenna as requested, I even extended it.

This is getting a big annoying because I've done these repair missions before and they worked fine. I have no clue why this one isn't completing. Sometimes i think these new repair and "attach in situ" missions aren't explained adequately; their success and failure states are unclear.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:56 AM, TimKerbin said:

Is it my imagination, or are these repair missions really glitched?

I had a mission to repair a communotron 16 antenna on a satellite. So Jeb and Bill went to it, with repair kits (Bill is level 3). He EVA'd over to it and repaired the antenna. I checked to make sure anything else needed fixing, and there wasn't. However, the "repair antenna" criteria of the mission wasn't checked and the contract didn't complete. I tried reloading the save, I tried going in and out of the Tracking Station and the contract still did not complete. I re-read the mission and there's nothing I failed to do. I repaired the antenna as requested, I even extended it.

This is getting a big annoying because I've done these repair missions before and they worked fine. I have no clue why this one isn't completing. Sometimes i think these new repair and "attach in situ" missions aren't explained adequately; their success and failure states are unclear

ksp has a problem like that sometimes. Just click on alt+f12 --> On the menu click on contract --> Then click on active (which should be under contract) --> And find the contract and click on complete! BOOM! finish

I had similar issue with missions "to repair a communotron 16 antenna on a satellite". One of them I have cancelled because I couldn't fiure out why it wasn't working. Another time it happened, I used the ALT+F12 (which I'm trying to avoid at any cost when possible) proposed by other players.

The two missions above, that I had consecutively, have one thing in common - the satellites were marked as DEBRIS, and before moving to the satelite I have changed it to another type(PROBE) for convenience to filter them on the map. I guess that when you change the type or the name of a spaceship it changes its identifier which is obviously different from what was initially in the contract.

I'm saying this because I managed to complete other contracts of this type, and in those cases I hadn't changed the type of the mission satellite.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.