Your question of KSP2, is probably answered here.

Here are some commonly asked questions.

• Do I get KSP2 for free or discounted if I have the original copy? No. From what I have heard you will not get a free or discounted copy for owning the original game.
  • Will there be early access, demo, or BETA test? From what I have heard, no. However this may change.
  • What new features will KSP2 come with? It is confirmed that KSP2 will come with multiplayer, interstellar travel and progression, more parts, high tech parts, colonies and better graphics.
  • When is KSP2 being released? KSP2 is planned to be released in 2022. Expect changes though.
  • How much will KSP2 be? KSP2 is planned to be 60.00 USD, 67,8767 Korean Won, 392.49 Chinese Yuan, , 59.37 Euro, or 7,677.46 Japanese Yen. However it may change.
Edited by Dr. Kerbal

There's also:

performance of the game, unknown at this time;

changing the Kerbol system, the Kerbol system is getting an art pass, no other changes;

physics the game will use, unknown at this time, n-body in specific scenarios;

reality of the dangers of space, unknown, hinted that there may be some;

minimum specs for the game, unknown at this time;

Squad isn't developing KSP2, Intercept is the developer;

career and science modes are being replaced by a progression mode;

how does the progression mode work, unknown at this time;

Life support, confirmed for colonies, minor effects for not having it (lowered efficiency and no growth, not death of colony)

Number of new stars; unknown at this time

Will colonies be useful; yes, mining, converting of resources and building of new ships and buildings are confirmed 

FTL travel; no, that includes worm holes, star gates, warp drives, jump drives 

Different fuel types; yes

Edited by shdwlrd
More questions, better formatting

31 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Here are some commonly asked questions.

• Do I get KSP2 for free or discounted if I have the original copy? No. From what I have heard you will not get a free or discounted copy for owning the original game.
  • Will there be early access, demo, or BETA test? From what I have heard, no. However this may change.
  • What new features will KSP2 come with? It is confirmed that KSP2 will come with multiplayer, interstellar travel and progression, more parts, high tech parts, colonies and better graphics.
  • When is KSP2 being released? KSP2 is planned to be released in 2022. Expect changes though.
  • How much will KSP2 be? KSP2 is planned to be 60.00 USD, 67,8767 Korean Won, 392.49 Chinese Yuan, 76.00 Russian Ruble, 59.37 Euro, or 7,677.46 Japanese Yen. However it may change.

344 R$ Brazilian real

:)

33 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

How much will KSP2 be? KSP2 is planned to be 60.00 USD, 67,8767 Korean Won, 392.49 Chinese Yuan, 76.00 Russian Ruble, 59.37 Euro, or 7,677.46 Japanese Yen. However it may change.

344 R$ Brazilian real

2 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

76.00 Russian Ruble

... That's, like, $1 USD. I know prices are adjusted to regions, but that sounds entirely too low. Looking at SteamDB, it looks like typical price for $60 game in US is 1,999 Rubles in Russia, which is closer to $25 USD.

30 minutes ago, K^2 said:

... That's, like, $1 USD. I know prices are adjusted to regions, but that sounds entirely too low. Looking at SteamDB, it looks like typical price for $60 game in US is 1,999 Rubles in Russia, which is closer to $25 USD.

Curious, do you happen to know why such a large difference in final sell value? By that I mean $60 USD in USA vs. $25 USD in Russia?

The only time I ever saw differences approaching that is near military bases in 3rd world countries, especially if supply was high.

56 minutes ago, Dientus said:

Curious, do you happen to know why such a large difference in final sell value? By that I mean $60 USD in USA vs. $25 USD in Russia?

The only time I ever saw differences approaching that is near military bases in 3rd world countries, especially if supply was high.

Incomes are way lower in Russia. There are a lot of ways in which modern Russia is closer to 3rd world than 1st world. You won't see it as much in Moscow and a handful of other major cities, but periphery is rather poor. The country mostly has infrastructure you don't see in 3rd world countries, albeit aging, but that doesn't really help you buy games. Median salary in Russia is about $500/month, which is about a quarter of median salary in US.

Other reasons are historical and have to do with piracy. After USSR collapsed, you had a lot of professionals in various industries with not much to do. So games were getting pirated and sold, first on floppies, then on CDs, all over the place. If your option in late 90s was buying a licensed game for $40 (IIRC, back then) or paying something like $3-$5 for a pirated copy that's been fairly well translated, had copy protection stripped, and possibly even some bugs fixed, which one are you going to chose? Eventually, some companies emerged that would make deals with Western publishers to release licensed games cheap. The price range would be in $5-$10, so a little more expensive, but you'd get better translations with professional voice acting and generally better quality overall. Over time, the prices climbed a bit, but still remained much lower than prices for licensed games in US and Europe. This became well established practice, and by the time digital distribution came about, they had to deal with the fact that expectation was for a much lower price.

Fun little side story. When Star Craft came out, somebody in US managed to swipe a copy while stocking shelves the night before, had it transmitted over the internet, and it was cracked, replicated, and available for sale in Moscow before the official launch. Similar things have happened to other games and movies over the year. The fact that licensed market is successful in Russia at all is, quite frankly, amazing.

3 hours ago, K^2 said:

Fun little side story. When Star Craft came out, somebody in US managed to swipe a copy while stocking shelves the night before, had it transmitted over the internet, and it was cracked, replicated, and available for sale in Moscow before the official launch. Similar things have happened to other games and movies over the year. The fact that licensed market is successful in Russia at all is, quite frankly, amazing.

I actually remember the starcraft fiasco. I didn't realize it had effects like that elsewhere.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to derail the thread.

Thank you for that very informative post @K^2
!!

6 hours ago, K^2 said:

Oops sorry.

4 hours ago, K^2 said:

Incomes are way lower in Russia. There are a lot of ways in which modern Russia is closer to 3rd world than 1st world. You won't see it as much in Moscow and a handful of other major cities, but periphery is rather poor. The country mostly has infrastructure you don't see in 3rd world countries, albeit aging, but that doesn't really help you buy games. Median salary in Russia is about $500/month, which is about a quarter of median salary in US.

Other reasons are historical and have to do with piracy. After USSR collapsed, you had a lot of professionals in various industries with not much to do. So games were getting pirated and sold, first on floppies, then on CDs, all over the place. If your option in late 90s was buying a licensed game for $40 (IIRC, back then) or paying something like $3-$5 for a pirated copy that's been fairly well translated, had copy protection stripped, and possibly even some bugs fixed, which one are you going to chose? Eventually, some companies emerged that would make deals with Western publishers to release licensed games cheap. The price range would be in $5-$10, so a little more expensive, but you'd get better translations with professional voice acting and generally better quality overall. Over time, the prices climbed a bit, but still remained much lower than prices for licensed games in US and Europe. This became well established practice, and by the time digital distribution came about, they had to deal with the fact that expectation was for a much lower price.

Okay I'm sorry, but this has been bugging me for too long and I'm finally drunk enough to bring it up. What does your forum signature mean?  Look:

4 hours ago, K^2 said:

Black Hole Sun sounds like a good idea, until you realize that it'd have to be 64nm in diameter and produce about 0.8 μW of sunlight.

And if you think, "Wait, that's actually convenient, just carry a bunch," each one will weigh as much as Saturn's moon Rhea.

I know Soundgarden and needless internet pedantry. I'm a big fan of the latter, at least. Why a Rhea mass black hole and not a solar mass black hole for a black hole sun? What? Makes no sense. I'm sorry. I've tried to be good on the internet (I haven't responded to the bait in the 'KSP 2 already sucks' thread in weeks!) But I cannot understand this signature. Why?!?!? What?

I always assumed Kerbal to the 2nd power, or, the next level of Kerbals...

Has star movements (or lack thereof) been confirmed either way for KSP2? I know other solar systems are, I mean do thier stars orbit anything larger or are they stationary?

12 hours ago, K^2 said:

Other reasons are historical and have to do with piracy. After USSR collapsed, you had a lot of professionals in various industries with not much to do. So games were getting pirated and sold, first on floppies, then on CDs, all over the place. If your option in late 90s was buying a licensed game for $40 (IIRC, back then) or paying something like $3-$5 for a pirated copy that's been fairly well translated, had copy protection stripped, and possibly even some bugs fixed, which one are you going to chose?

While this is all correct, I often feel like some countries that technically belong to 1st world are treated like such despite the fact that the average income is MUCH lower, probably due to the fact that Russian influence was really strong few decades ago and "modern" governments only recently started doing something about that. 

Personally, I don't think I'm earning too little, but my salary is about $700/month, which is fine to live, although game prices are pretty much European. Or rather American, because Euro exchange rate would hit even harder. We still pay more or less the equivalent of $60 for big titles. So I have to work for two days to afford a game. That's a bit discouraging. And obviously because of that piracy is still strong, because many people (talking about teenagers as that's the main target, no?) simply cannot buy games at their base prices, as it's worth a week of food supply. I won't bother talking about inflation because that's even worse story.

You can add a 249 PLN tag if you want

21 hours ago, Wubslin said:

I know Soundgarden and needless internet pedantry. I'm a big fan of the latter, at least. Why a Rhea mass black hole and not a solar mass black hole for a black hole sun? What? Makes no sense. I'm sorry. I've tried to be good on the internet (I haven't responded to the bait in the 'KSP 2 already sucks' thread in weeks!) But I cannot understand this signature. Why?!?!? What?

So yeah, it was inspired by the Soundgarden song, of course. But my needless pedantic interpretation of what would qualify as Blackhole Sun was something that produces sunlight. That is, the Hawking radiation matches that produced by Sun's photosphere. I plugged in the numbers for the event horizon acceleration, and I got something on the order of 2x1021 kg. Hence my signature.

Though, I don't think I did gravitational red-shift correction back then. If you correct for it properly, the actual answer you get is more like 2x1019 kg, which is substantially lighter and will produce a lot more power. Still not enough to be practical, of course. Don't know if I should make corrections or leave it as is. So far, I've been too lazy to fix it.

13 hours ago, K^2 said:

So yeah, it was inspired by the Soundgarden song, of course. But my needless pedantic interpretation of what would qualify as Blackhole Sun was something that produces sunlight. That is, the Hawking radiation matches that produced by Sun's photosphere. I plugged in the numbers for the event horizon acceleration, and I got something on the order of 2x1021 kg. Hence my signature.

Though, I don't think I did gravitational red-shift correction back then. If you correct for it properly, the actual answer you get is more like 2x1019 kg, which is substantially lighter and will produce a lot more power. Still not enough to be practical, of course. Don't know if I should make corrections or leave it as is. So far, I've been too lazy to fix it.

Oh right, as in the "bomb going off" part of a black hole's lifespan. Got it