[1.8+] Staged Animation (mini plugin) v2.0

NathanKell

This plugin adds a lightweight partmodule that, when the part it is on is staged, plays a defined animation. It's a drop-in replacement for ModuleAnimatedDecoupler except with no decoupling. The staging icon is still a decoupler though, just so you can see one.

Based on animation-playing code by Starwaster in Animated Decouplers, full credit to them for that base.

It also adds ModuleAnimateGenericExtra which extends ModuleAnimateGeneric to support deployLimitName which if set will be the name used by the Deploy Limit slider, and showToggle which, if set to False, will hide the "toggle" event even if Deploy Limit is allowed.

I built it on 1.10 but it works on 1.8+.

Why should you care? Because if you replace Modular Launch Pad's Animated Decouplers with ModuleStagedAnimation (you can just do the following in an MM patch), suddenly MechJeb's autostage-clamps feature will play nice with the pads.

@PART[AM_MLP*]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimatedDecoupler],*
	{
		@name = ModuleStagedAnimation
	}
}

But I'm sure you part modelers will come up with all sorts of cool uses for this. PRs welcome of course!

Thanks to @AlphaMensaefor a truly exceptional mod (it very much increased my enjoyment of KSP!) and thanks to Starwaster for a good simple implementation of playing an animation on activate.

Source: GitHub

License: CC-BY-SA 4.0

Download: Latest Release

Edited by NathanKell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.