Will SpaceX Visit The Moon Before Star Citizen Game Is Completed?

Spacescifi

Will SpaceX Or BO land on the moon before Chris Robers finishes. Star Citizen?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• SpaceX will land on the moonbefore Chris Robers finishes his game
    • After Spacex does Lunar landing, so will BO, and Chris Roberts still won't have a finished game
    • Chris Roberts. will pass away. before he ever finishes the game and someon else will finish it
    • Unexpectedly somehow Chris Roberts speeds up production and finishes his game before Spacex lands on the moon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2021 at 12:35 AM

What do you think?

Say what you want about Bezos and BO, but compared to Star Citizen the game in development for a decade if I am correct, Bezos MAY be closer to actually acomplishing his goal.

And I reckon surely Spacex will land on the moon before Chris Roberts finishes his decade long project.... that is arguably easier anyway.

What do you think?

Musk sees the Moon as a distraction, but is willing to do it for the money that NASA is waving around.  Or are you talking about the tourist "around the Moon" trip chartered awhile ago (poll says "land", so no)?

And when is "complete?"  KSP (1.x) is "complete",  and took over 10 years to get to "final approach".  But it only took 4 years from first compile to "1.0 release" (of course, with all the changes rushed in, it took until at least 1.0.3 to be playable again).

Star Citizen appears to be what happens when a software project has fuzzy goals (like any game) and a vastly inflated budget.  And it doesn't help that the most profitable thing they can do is to produce more DLC starships.

1 hour ago, wumpus said:

Musk sees the Moon as a distraction, but is willing to do it for the money that NASA is waving around.  Or are you talking about the tourist "around the Moon" trip chartered awhile ago (poll says "land", so no)?

And when is "complete?"  KSP (1.x) is "complete",  and took over 10 years to get to "final approach".  But it only took 4 years from first compile to "1.0 release" (of course, with all the changes rushed in, it took until at least 1.0.3 to be playable again).

Star Citizen appears to be what happens when a software project has fuzzy goals (like any game) and a vastly inflated budget.  And it doesn't help that the most profitable thing they can do is to produce more DLC starships.

Yes moon landing gives $ and is an nice learning experience for all they had to train on anyway except mars aerobrake and fuel production. 
So yes they will land on the moon before star citizen is released. 
Main issue is if star citizen will get released KSP 1.0 style they need to add a lots of expensive stuff. 
Its easier for KSP or mount and blade who was another early access game I founded as they had more realistic goals for the games. 
In short I don't think we will get an 1,0 of star citizen

15 hours ago, Lewie said:

Question is....what will come first, GTA6 or HL3?

Given SpaceX’s pace, my money is on them reaching the Mun before Star Citizen is released

I'd assume that Spacex is only going to the Moon in a NASA program.  So it won't happen until all the lawsuits are settled and STS is either ready for the big day or has been replaced in Artemis.  Artemis was designed first and foremost as something that Congress would be willing to fund (although much of the lander fun is because they didn't fund it enough to actually do it, but don't tell the Congressmen paid by Bezos that).

4 hours ago, wumpus said:

I'd assume that Spacex is only going to the Moon in a NASA program.  So it won't happen until all the lawsuits are settled and STS is either ready for the big day or has been replaced in Artemis.  Artemis was designed first and foremost as something that Congress would be willing to fund (although much of the lander fun is because they didn't fund it enough to actually do it, but don't tell the Congressmen paid by Bezos that).

Agree, my guess is that Musk has some more experience playing with NASA than Bezos. 
Musk want an manned starship version, this will be expensive to develop and test. Why don't make an version for landing on the moon, dropping all the hard human rated launch, re-entry and land stuff. 
So he probably thought, lets NASA pay half of it, it should be inside their budget, we save money and get the useful landing heavy stuff on the moon skill. 

Bezos needs NASA money way less than Musk, he did also gamble high on Amazon, it took a long time for it to make profit, yes it paid off but attitude is way more important than velocity if something goes wrong. 
They are going to the moon anyway, simply buy up your partners and bid an 1/10 of spaceX just to mock them. 

Now they have an issue with orbital capable rockets doing their stuff. Don't bother with second stage recovery until 2.0, its obviously an priority, but an secondary one. 
I feel this is an leadership issue, the Amazon gaming division has also not done well and video games in 2020 is an pretty mature business. 
Yes its high risk with an new franchise and an new team but still it should be pretty easy to get talented people if you pay well and have good managers. Probably another problem :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.