Harrier Jump Jet Parts Pack.

ColdJ

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Version 1.0.0

https://spacedock.info/mod/2863/Harrier Jump Jet Parts Pack

A Harrier parts pack that provides everything but the landing gear and the hinges for under the wings, to build a Harrier Jump Jet. BREAKING GROUND IS NEEDED FOR THE ROTATING VTOL ENGINES. As I can't build complex internals yet, it uses a slightly modified Harrier IVA from Cold War Aerospace and the license reflects that.
Prebuilt craft within the SPH folder that is in the main folder.

SORRY, FORGOT TO MENTION. THE COCKPIT,TAIL AND WINGTIPS ALL HAVE BUILTIN RCS AND THE COCKPIT CREATES MONOPROPELLANT TO KEEP THEM TOPPED UP.

Gear, Toggle wing wheel hinges. 1,Toggle engines on/off. 2,Toggle transition from vertical to forward thrust. 5,Toggle ladders. EVA is right side. 6,Toggle hinge lock for wing wheels. Custom 1, Adjust thrust limit of front engines for a bit more forward thrust, just make sure to revert them to 45 for hovering and landing VTOL. These are cruise engines and have a spool time, so make sure you adjust ahead of time and let them catch up or you will have a very hard landing. Over 2 thirds throttle to take off and then as soon as you do drop it just under 2 thirds and tilt the nose down 5 degrees to get forward momentum before transitioning.

oSwU0aG.png

N3rksSi.png

HTUwWFV.png

LxpqDxp.png

jwsl6Hx.png

Edited by ColdJ

1 hour ago, R.A.P.I.R.E. said:

I would like to see the same pack,or a combined pack with the F/A 18c hornet) well, it's like wishes)a cool pack.

as an idea for the future

Hi. NMB do a very nice F18C cockpit.

I have previously made F18's using a combination of mod packs that also include Mk2 expansion for the chines. Also procedural wings for the tail planes. I may see about modeling specific tail planes for different jets in the future.

23 minutes ago, Fletch4 said:

is there a craft file avaliable?

On 9/25/2021 at 8:13 PM, ColdJ said:

*snip*

Prebuilt craft within the SPH folder that is in the main folder.

Gear, Toggle wing wheel hinges. 1,Toggle engines on/off. 2,Toggle transition from vertical to forward thrust. 5,Toggle ladders. EVA is right side. 6,Toggle hinge lock for wing wheels. Custom 1, Adjust thrust limit of front engines for a bit more forward thrust, just make sure to revert them to 45 for hovering and landing VTOL. These are cruise engines and have a spool time, so make sure you adjust ahead of time and let them catch up or you will have a very hard landing. Over 2 thirds throttle to take off and then as soon as you do drop it just under 2 thirds and tilt the nose down 5 degrees to get forward momentum before transitioning.

7 hours ago, Fletch4 said:

if you have the time, could you make it so that everything attaches to certain nodes?

If the central fuselage from nose to tip was all one piece it would make sense as it would then be a Lego model. It makes sense on car models to have attachment nodes, because you want the wheels to click onto the axles the same each time. But in a parts pack for planes it limits your creativiity. I provided the craft file so it would ready and balanced for anybody starting but after that you should be able to use the parts to create what ever you like and work with all the other mods e.g Airplane plus, Cold War Aerospace, NMB, Aviation Cockpits, Eskandare Aerospace, Mk2 expansion, Quiztech Aero continued etc. If you get familiar with the 3 overlays that show centre of mass, centre of lift and centre of thrust, and remember that you want the lift to be behind the centre of mass, (close for fast pitching, further apart for stability) or for VTOL have the centre of thrust ever so slightly behind the COM ( remember you can play around with the thrust limiter to move the COT around to get it where you want.) Then you will find it very satisfying when you get your design right. Make sure you have advanced tweakables turned on in your settings menus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.