I am quite an armature when it comes to "inter planetary missions". When i tried to get to duna, I managed to get in alignment with its orbit (with the sun). All i have is a couple small xenon tanks and one big one (all full). Is there a way i can manage to get into orbit with duna?

Edited by WebAdmin
just to clearify it

If you can get your path to dip into the atmosphere, it will do much of the braking for you. It's tricky, though. You have to pass very low because the air there is thin. Afterwards you'll need to do another burn to get the low point of your orbit back up out of the atmosphere. 

Hm that would be hard to accomplish, since I would some how need to reach Duna first. And that would probably takes years if not decades, Because I am just barely faster than Duna.

Edited by WebAdmin
I wanted to add soemthing so people would under stand me better (i hope)

If you are already in Kerbol(Sun) orbit what you want is a Hohmann transfer (google it for details). You have to determine both a place in the orbit and for how long to burn. You may have to wait a long time - months or a few years - before you get to the right place, but you will get the most efficient trajectory - which is usually necessary since fuel is always in short supply.

As Vanamonde said, if you post a map view experienced Kerbalists can point out where to place the maneuver.

33 minutes ago, WebAdmin said:

oh yes and here is the screen shot C:\Users\badmin.phasefour\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\2022-01-08.png

The path shows it is on your hard drive...which we dont have access to.  You will need to upload this to a third party site like Imgur and then link here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.