SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Hawking Class Disc Stations - Now a standard type of disc station built by the Lunar Economic Authority under contract to the AOAN fleet command in the early 2060s. These durable and versatile habitats use two sets of counter-rotating trains in tube-ways running inside the structure to provide between .6 and .9 simulated gravity depending on needs. Lunar and Terran citizens are at home in these surroundings, originally intended as research stations but heavily modified. With almost a decade in space this class of station is starting to see civillian use as the LEA has largely met demand for the military but keeps production going. Service lifespan is intended to be one century and there is every indication Hawking stations will be around even longer since "a spacer does not waste".

VsL0kBr.png

Thi station is representative of a culture that actually manufactures things in microgravity so isn't designed to be launched. Hyperedit away!

Craft file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9qbgEKOAvlpazBrbFpqbV9HYXM/edit?usp=sharing

Parts: 161 (very little lag)

Mods - See mods list in the Fanworks->Visions of 2070 thread, I may not have used Interstelar parts on this.

Also there is a custom part, the station body: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9qbgEKOAvlpRzQ3NmwxVG1nT1U/edit?usp=sharing

Additional images here:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Top8

My latest Science station in orbit around Ike.

For Fuel and.... Science.

screenshot10.png

Docked on the station is a Miner craft and transfer tug waiting for their next mission.

It uses a (as far as I know) unique docking stability system.

A large 3.75 toridal hub with 8x Qauntum struts on the host ship to eliminate all docked ship wobble.

screenshot11.png

Seriously, it doesn't wobble at all!

Currently mining Kethane to refuel and go beyond the Duna system.

I started building Horizon-3 space station and it's pretty small comparing to the other's design, but that's cause my challenge is to construct it only using the Shuttle and it's robotic arm. I only had 2 missions so far and it looks like this:

VxTnDxz.png

It will take around 10 missions to complete and in the end should look like this:

QgoXxmc.jpg?1

I am streaming my missions and you can see the overviews here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61240-KTS-39-Completed%21-Shuttle-Missions

MISS

Back in the early days of my Space Programm (must be monthes ago.... :) ) reaching Minimus was a real challange. And setting up a space station there was even more.

So the first attempt to bring a staion into Minimus orbit was the MISS - a tiny station giving a bit the look of Skylab.

Therefore MISS is nothing compared to the huge designs often presented here.

screenshot472.png

As it was very cramped inside, Kerbals did not like to stay there for a long time. So with progress of the space programm, the station was abandoned and a bigger, more advanced version replaced it.

My first outpost outside Kerbin. It's greatly inspired by the real ISS and will relatively follow its structure.

Fixed to the strut, you can see my small tug used to grab and fix the newly arrived modules.

Each module is independent, so i could reorganize everything in the future (or trash an outdated module). I prefer the Fustek docking ports (in regards with the stock ones) as they allow EVA in case of problem and avoid any Kerbal stuck in a module.

The station is currently a bit small, as there are only 4 beds in the Habitation module, all used, and the station can currently only hosts vessels equipped with their own beds (as the KSO).

It is currently composed of:

- one Habitation module (with the 3 windows) for 4 Kerbals

- one Karmony node

- one Utility module

- another node with fixed on it a Kupola, a Pressurised mating adaptor and an airlock (to EVA easily next to a vessel)

- one strut

- one tug

The next steps will be:

1) to bring another node next to the current Habitation module

2) to connect on this node two Science modules and another Habitation Module

3) to update the solar panels (to make them more distant from the core of the station, as I'm afraid to crash the tug on the current panels)

4) to bring an ERV (Emergency Reentry Vehicule)

1392024394-screenshot4.png

I use the following mods:

- Fustek Station Parts

- THSS - Tri-Hexagonal Structural Strut

- International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit

- Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter

- MechJeb

Edited by ndiver

Escape System arriving to my Themis Space Station: (...)

Wow, that station looks fantastic! I wonder, is it structurally stable? :sticktongue:

Today, so far, I finally added a CMD module to the TXSS2. It's a small manned research station in LKO, currently housing three Kerbonauts. Because of a limited oxygen supply, the goal is to build an efficient and somewhat realistic station. For some reason BOSS didn't supersample today, so there will be jaggies... ;.;

SS_02-15-2014_15-56-27_zpsc53486a4.png

Hanlorf performing a post-docking inspection of the new CMD module.

SS_02-15-2014_16-01-13_zps871671e1.png

TXSS2 as of today. It currently has a core with two hub connectors, a research module, oxygen and carbon dioxide tanks, an oxygen regenerator, and

a command/supervision module supplied by ASET Aerospace. The CMD tug is still in place, as well as the crew transfer vessel docked to the research

and habitation compartment.

SS_02-15-2014_16-07-28_zps6e91d871.png

This is Edbro's view from the CMD module. It has full spherical CCTV coverage of the entire station, and info to all your Kerbal heart's desire.

Sorry for xpost, accidentally submitted this to the What did you do today in KSP thread, meant to post it here. Oddly enough it actually fit the theme of the other thread too :D

Cheers,

- ThomsenX

More Munstation construction. The addition of two Munpod landers for Munar excursion.

The heavy tug collects the station part from the SSTO, then the landers are re-positioned to their stations. This, unfortunately, leaves an unsightly girder construction sticking out that needs to be undocked and disposed of at a later date

This mission also included the discovery that one of the large docking ports is on the wrong way around. :blush: I should replace the part...

Next job, test the landers.

Javascript is disabled. View full album