Real buildings (if not already suggested)

I think you should add buildings that are in real life to make the experience more emirsive I would enjoy ksp alot more if you add real buildings into ksp 2.

Sorry about my grammar and spelling I'm on my phone and have barely any sleep.

Is it really? Because that would exist literally only on a single planet. The one you're trying to leave.

I mean sure, there's something about immersion here, but do Kerbals live in cities? How do they make a city that looks kerbal, not human? Should it cover the whole planet, or be just randomly placed here and there? Handmade or generated? Do we also need villages and fields? Because putting a bunch of skyscrapers in the middle of a plain won't look good. Should it be destructible, like KSC? How to we fix it if we crash into a building on the other side of Kerbin?

Honestly, whenever I install a mod that adds city lights to planet surfaces, I always delete the file, it just doesn't work, it's only a yellow colored grass. It doesn't make the experience any better.

Edited by The Aziz

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Is it really? Because that would exist literally only on a single planet. The one you're trying to leave.

Well that’s kind of the point. It’s the only inhabited planet in a solar system devoid of life. Shouldn’t it at least look like it’s inhabited rather than just being a green version of Duna?

I imagine they could rather painlessly add in stock aerial photographs of real cities and the majority along coasts on each continent along with a few inland with even just one highway connecting each. It doesn’t have to be incredibly detailed, even if the buildings were all one story clones of each other that are indestructible it’s still served its purpose as long as they appear in a realistic layout from above. Anything is an improvement from a planet inhabited by a space-faring civilisation which contains 6 or 7 buildings devoted exclusively to a space program.

And why not have fields? They’re rectangular patches of land that’s a different colour than green, hardly difficult to do. There don’t need to be thousands of them, just large patches in certain areas with a few more one story clone buildings scattered at the perimeter to at least break the monotony.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I mean sure, there's something about immersion here, but do Kerbals live in cities?

You can’t have a space program without central manufacturing and distribution facilities, nearby housing for the workers, outlets to feed and educate the workers, so of course they live in cities.

In ksp1 I thought they just all lived underground and that's why going EVA on the launchpad, measuring the surface temperature of kerbin and looking at mountains gave you science. xD

On 6/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, Sev said:

even just one highway connecting each.

I wonder what their accident rate is, they're Kerbals after all. And you've seen them drifting vehicles around in VAB. But jokes aside...

even if the buildings were all one story clones of each other that are indestructible it’s still served its purpose as long as they appear in a realistic layout from above.

From orbit, maybe. But you know well that people will fly their planes as close as possible. Bunch of densely packed same-ish cubes is going to ruin the immersion more than planet with no signs of civilization. You ever tried latest Flight Simulator? Leave the world-famous cities and you're left with generic boxes with pitched roofs even in high density areas. My own city has some interesting architecture and none of it is present in the game. It may feel like A city but doesn't feel like MY city, when the game is supposed to recreate real land, not imagined planet, like Kerbin.

To be completely honest, it would feel much better if there were just tiny houses scattered around the planet, like these

house-wicker-branches-africa-village-rur

You gotta remember that terrain scatter will be much denser now than it was in the first game (and the picture is quite old so it probably looks even better today), so putting some cubes in the middle of that won't look too good.

Said highway, modeled or just a texture on the ground? Either way, if I go above one with my drone to watch the traffic only to see nothing at all, well, immersion gone.

You can’t have a space program without central manufacturing and distribution facilities, nearby housing for the workers, outlets to feed and educate the workers,

I wouldn't worry about that. The new space center looks pretty big.

Or just simply

42 minutes ago, Xelo said:

In ksp1 I thought they just all lived underground and that's why going EVA on the launchpad, measuring the surface temperature of kerbin and looking at mountains gave you science. xD

Do that, it's a popular fan theory, why not stick to it.

My whole point, do it well, or don't do it at all. I'm tired of half assed solutions.

• 2 weeks later...