So I was thinking about it and was wondering if there could be an optional Water requirement for Kerbals

like you could collect water and stuff from like the oceans and ice from Duna or other and that I think would add another reason the use ore/maybe ice Tanks for missions and such

If we're going to have a "life support" resource, it should be "Snax". Refineable from basically any rocky body, and work like electricity for cores. If you run out of Snax, your kerbals refuse to perform any ship duties, including piloting, and basically require a rescue. Other than that, they can sulk snaxless indefinitely.

1 hour ago, K^2 said:

If we're going to have a "life support" resource, it should be "Snax". Refineable from basically any rocky body, and work like electricity for cores. If you run out of Snax, your kerbals refuse to perform any ship duties, including piloting, and basically require a rescue. Other than that, they can sulk snaxless indefinitely.

This made me laugh. I really like this idea. It's a simple solution to the life support system discussion and stays true to the humor of the original game.

12 hours ago, K^2 said:

Shelter, nutrition, air, clothing, ketchup, sleep

If anyone else can think of a better K-word, no you can't. Turns out very few useful words start with K. Maybe kettle (to make tea?)

16 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Shelter, nutrition, air, clothing, ketchup, sleep

If anyone else can think of a better K-word, no you can't. Turns out very few useful words start with K. Maybe kettle (to make tea?)

The tea option is reserved for when you start he career with the British flag as symbol of your space agency.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:54 PM, K^2 said:

I think with a bit nuance this is about right. We do know water will be a resource in the game but I think you could just add it to the build cost of new habs and consider it 100% recycled. Same with O2. The important thing is to keep management and mental-math as simple as possible. 

Edited by Pthigrivi