Fuel transfers through decoupler with crossfeed disabled

FuelX

KSP 0.1.0.0.20892

Windows 10

Ryzen 7 5800H

RTX 3060 Laptop

I expect decouplers to prevent fuel crossfeed but in situations similar to this one, it doesn't.

Some workarounds seem to be to use different landing legs to the medium ones, or to not mount the medium legs on the fuel tank, but the latter does not seem to always work.

No mods

Edited by Sea_Kerman

39 minutes ago, Sea_Kerman said:

it has something to do with your landing legs 

You sir are a genius and a scholar.

So I removed the fareing above he upper stage tank and it stopped feeding through to the lower engines.
I then removed the landing legs from my lander and the lower engine stopped taking fuel from the lander...

This needs fixing ASAP, it makes fareings and landing legs useless!

When building a rocket that has an upper and lower stage with engines that use methalox fuel, fuel from the upper stage is consumed by the engine of the lower stage across a decoupler, regardless of the fuel crossfeed setting.

From the text representation of a rocket below, if Engine 2 is active, it will consume fuel from Fuel Tank 2 AND Fuel Tank 1, even across the decoupler. I used a 2.5m fuel tank and decoupler with Poodle engines when I encountered this bug. This issue can be worked around by manually transferring fuel back into the upper stage, but this is likely not intended.

Fuel Tank 1

Poodle Engine 1

2.5m Decoupler

Fuel Tank 2

Poodle Engine 2

Same issue,

• KSP Version :
  • Operating System and version :
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU and GPU models, any other system information which could be relevant :
  • I7 8700K, RTX 3070, 32Go RAM DDR4
  • Description of the bug.  
  • Fuel of the last stage is used when I decoupling the rocket
    • Expected Behavior
    • Decoupling and don't use the fuel of the last stage
    • Observed Behavior
    • Decoupling and use the fuel of the last stage
  • Steps to Replicate
  • Use the XS or MD landig leg on the last stage. Launch the rocket and decoupling radial for example.
  • Fixes / Workarounds (if known..)
  • Don't use XS or MD landing leg
  • A list of ALL mods.  If the list is long, please consider using a spoiler window.
  • No mods
  • Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

I tryed all landing leg and the XS and MD have the problem.

The bug appears when I use radial decoupler or a decoupler for escape tower for example.

Edited by Niko_Dragovich

1 minute ago, Sbeve_Boubemi said:

I have fuel flow turned off on a decoupler and fuel still flows through it emptying the tanks. It also doesn't start draining until the first stage is almost out of fuel.

Welcome to the forum, I have seen some mentions that certain landing legs are responsible. If your vessel has them could you try removing them and see what happens?

On 2/25/2023 at 12:03 PM, Razor235 said:

Are there other radial parts on the upper stage at all?  Hazarding a guess it's related to those rather than just landing legs.

At first I had solar panels radially attached, yes. I did remove those as well, but the issue persisted. I then made a brand new rocket following the exact same design.. and this time it was fine. So, it's everyone's favorite type of issue: intermittent.