Can't target other ships at close range.

stephensmat

I'm trying to set up to dock two craft in orbit at Duna, but they're close enough together that I can't find both of them in map mode. When I point my mouse at them and clock, left or right button, the 'Target' menu doesn't come up. I've restarted the game twice. One time, it let me target from the mouse, (but I couldn't do the same from the other ship when I tried to orient them), the second time, same problem.

I've had a similar issue, while in map mode trying to do a docking maneuver.  The two ship icons overlap in the map view, and can not select which one to "Target" easily. I have to rotate the view around in hopes that the icon behind the other pops to the front. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. If the icons in the map view are so close together, when right clicking on one in the stack, a menu of available items should be presented to the user for selection. Another work around is what @The Azizstated, in vehicle/flight mode, select the docking port of the other ship and from the parts manager menu there should be an option to "Set as Target".

Ive also has this issue when trying to focus on a planet in map view, and it shows one of its moon's to focus to instead. Again a menu or default to largest body in the case would be preferable.

45 minutes ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Ive also has this issue when trying to focus on a planet in map view, and it shows one of its moon's to focus to instead. Again a menu or default to largest body in the case would be preferable.

This should be fixed in next patch.

When I'm right next to another craft I want to dock with, I cannot choose a docking point on the other vessel as a target. In KSP 1, I'd just right-click on a docking port and all would be fine. Now, I can't select anything. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Docking can be challenging but it shouldn't be THIS challenging.

• 4 weeks later...