Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

There is no settings.cfg in my modstatistics folder, do I have to create it? Or can I just delete the whole modstatistics folder?

The settings.cfg file will be created in the GameData/ModStatistics folder only after running KSP once. The ModStatistics folder in any given mod's folder is not used after the first run (I think).

The settings.cfg file will be created in the GameData/ModStatistics folder only after running KSP once. The ModStatistics folder in any given mod's folder is not used after the first run (I think).

See thats exactly what I thought, so I ran KSP launched a rocket, killed jeb, bill and bob lol, but alas there is still no settings.cfg file.

Please keep ModStatistics-related discussion in the ModStatistics thread.

Actually this is about the new kethane release, I want it but do not want the other and there is no settings.cfg in my Modstatistics folder even after i launched the game, so the question is, will kethane work if I delete the Modstatistics folder?

Actually this is about the new kethane release, I want it but do not want the other and there is no settings.cfg in my Modstatistics folder even after i launched the game, so the question is, will kethane work if I delete the Modstatistics folder?

It does no harm to delete the GameData/Kethane/ModStatistics folder as was mentioned in the other thread

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but in the past 2-3 months has the floating scan map problem gotten fixed, I took a break from ksp for studying and haven't kept up on ksp? I've tried going back through a few dozen pages looking; but haven't seen mention of it. Mildly irritating to pull up one of my kethane scanner satellites, and start looking over Minmus, or Duna and having the map flickering all over the ui.

Major issue who is probably easy to solve. It look like I have moved the map toolbar off screen while off and now its no way of of getting it back.

I guess this can be solved simply by some save game modify or even simpler ways.

Solved it by changing default monitor on laptop to the HD monitor and increased resolution so I found it back.

Should be a simpler way, hate to have to buy a 4K monitor to fix this :)

Edited by magnemoe

Major issue who is probably easy to solve. It look like I have moved the map toolbar off screen while off and now its no way of of getting it back.

I guess this can be solved simply by some save game modify or even simpler ways.

Solved it by changing default monitor on laptop to the HD monitor and increased resolution so I found it back.

Should be a simpler way, hate to have to buy a 4K monitor to fix this :)

If im not mistaken there should be a file that keeps that window position..

I'm having trouble with the Kethane sensors. Neither are working to right click on them. I only have KW Rocketry and MechJeb installed. All the parts are there, they attach ok, just can't activate the sensors at all.

Any ideas?

D'oh!!!!!!

If my probes polar trajectory is a tad off perfect, does it matter? Will it remap areas it's already been to?

Once you've mapped a hex, you have perfect, infinite knowledge of its Kethane. If you mine some Kethane in another hex of the same field, you will inherently know that this other hex has dropped in value.

So: no need to rescan hexes. Also no penalty for doing so.

D'oh!!!!!!

If my probes polar trajectory is a tad off perfect, does it matter? Will it remap areas it's already been to?

Perfectly polar trajectories are, for the most part, not needed or even useful. Unless you plan on mining at the poles, of course, but equatorial orbits are much easier to both exit the SoI from and rendezvous with. So there's no real need to scan the poles.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to know where kethane is without scanning. I like the mod a lot but the scanning is so terribly time consuming, I can't afford the time. Can I edit a file so the overlay is automatically filled out? I managed to change the Detecting period to allow for faster time warp. It is still too long though.

On a side note, it would be much cooler if the larger scanner was able to scan the cell AND all the cells around that, so 7 cells at once, and about 3 times faster. (not 7, because 4 of them have already been scanned) Maybe make it heavier and require more electricity too.

Edited by Strikerklm96

I joined the thread so i can see if anyone else is having this problem. while controlling my kethane satellite it wont scan any hexes but if i go to space center and then go to the tracking center there are filled in hexes but if i go back to controlling it none of the hexes fill...so basically every half orbit i have to go back to the space center and then to the tracking center to fill those hexes in. anyone else have this problem?

Do you have enough battery capacity to support the scanning? The scanners take quite a bit of electricity so you'll need solar panels to charge batteries and enough battery to last through the night side of the orbit, or enough RTGs to keep up with the demand from the scanners.

here is my persistent file i am wondering if the fact that it says enable detection = false or whatever is the reason why its not scanning while im actually playing the vessel. i tried changing it to true but it changed back to false.

name = KethaneDetector

isEnabled = True

IsDetecting = True

EVENTS

{

EnableDetection

{

active = False

guiActive = True

guiIcon = Activate Detector

guiName = Activate Detector

category = Activate Detector

guiActiveUnfocused = True

unfocusedRange = 1.5

externalToEVAOnly = True

}

DisableDetection

{

active = True

guiActive = True

guiIcon = Deactivate Detector

guiName = Deactivate Detector

category = Deactivate Detector

unfocusedRange = 1.5

externalToEVAOnly = True

}

EnableSounds

{

active = False

guiActive = True

guiIcon = Enable Scan Tone

guiName = Enable Scan Tone

category = Enable Scan Tone

unfocusedRange = 1.5

externalToEVAOnly = True

}

DisableSounds

{

active = True

guiActive = True

guiIcon = Disable Scan Tone

guiName = Disable Scan Tone

category = Disable Scan Tone

unfocusedRange = 1.5

externalToEVAOnly = True

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.