Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Weird, it should work with the KAS pipes (for me though). Let me check.

It could be me. If it helps, this is what I'm talking about.

10509718_10152409522910939_5240095786615737679_n.jpg?oh=977d42410472ff9caf5b3398e54152ba&oe=546CE79F&__gda__=1416787658_a4b4b85b0079f700c3365c75cf93e108

This is my first semi-functional drilling base (second time ever successfully landing both a drill and a tank and first ever converter lol) so I have very little idea what I'm doing, but the fuel pipes work marvelously with regular resources. Is my setup alright? I even made pipes go to both the tank itself and to the converter to make sure, but no dice.

Edited by RSwordsman

I give up , after one of the most time consuming mission I thought Kethane will do the job like before many times but converter simply didn't work, so I thought may be it's me I didn't put it correctly so I redid everything wasted time once again .... IT DIDN'T WORK ONCE AGAIN. So by now I'd say around 5 hours wasted I decided to make Kerbal scan and drill so no hours and hours in flight and ...once again it's not working. My Kethane tank is full, converter RIGHT on top of it, Fuel tank is right there as well, Electric is okay and ....nothing happens. Before I say fuel and oxydizer separately now I see mono and rocket fuel option ....what is going on ???

I am doing something wrong ?

Look at my test setup just to see if it'll work on Kerbal.

kethane_not_working.jpg

Kethane converting is broken in 0.24.2. There's a hotfix by taniwha (0.8.8.1) that should fix things. It's somewhere in this thread, but can be easily found in the Extraplanetary Launchpad OP.

Also, if you make Kethane tweakable in the editors, you don't have to go through the trouble of scanning and mining it only to find you can't convert it.

ofc i did all those things. In the log i saw that grid.cfg is missing, copied it manually. Testing it as i write this. Another thing i checked was the Debug:

yI0sNE.png

Dont know if that is related to my problem

edit: [Exception]: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

I see this when i click on "M" for Map

Edit2:

[Warning]: Kethane deposits saved (0ms)

[Warning]: Can not play a disabled audio source

Edit3: Reinstalling kethane Mod from start now. Will report after

Final edit: God i found the problem. I guess i installed a older version of kethane and just copied the 0.8.8.1 content. After fresh reinstall it works ;) Thx anyway ;)

Edited by mJrA

It could be me. If it helps, this is what I'm talking about.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10509718_10152409522910939_5240095786615737679_n.jpg?oh=977d42410472ff9caf5b3398e54152ba&oe=546CE79F&__gda__=1416787658_a4b4b85b0079f700c3365c75cf93e108

This is my first semi-functional drilling base (second time ever successfully landing both a drill and a tank and first ever converter lol) so I have very little idea what I'm doing, but the fuel pipes work marvelously with regular resources. Is my setup alright? I even made pipes go to both the tank itself and to the converter to make sure, but no dice.

I was having this problem too but figured out how to make it work. If you click on the fuel pipe end it has a "pump here" option. For me the one that worked was the pipe end connected to the converter, although I also had the one attached to my fuel tanks clicked too so maybe both have to be turned on I didn't check that lol. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

I like your idea of using the ground pylon to link things. I had my kethane miner/converter below the lander/fuel transfer ship and sort of had to drop it off then translate the lander over. It went out of range of the pipes the first time so I had to move it. With your setup I could have stayed put lol. I'll remember that for next time though. Also in the process of sending a power module as the solar panels i put on the m iner isn't enough for conversion at least of both types at one time.

EDIT: This is of course after installing the 0.8.8.1 fix, as with just 0.8.8 clicking convert did nothing, as far as I could tell.

Edited by Sma

Updated ignore the bellow taniwaha saved the day

Hi Majiir and KSP fans,

First of all KSP rules and the Kethane mode is awesome, that being said I would like to ask for some help!

I just recently installed the Kethane mode and I am experiencing a issue with the conversion process, it is not converting Kethane into any other fuel.

But I should go into more detail here is my configuration.

I am using 0.24.2, and am using the latest Kethane vs, when I start the game I receive the incompatibility message but once in the game every part works smoothly, scaning and drilling with no problems, so I have decided to make a fuelling station on the moon, the heavy converter is placed in between a Kethane tank and a empty fuel tank, once I have mined Kethane and the Kethane fuel tank is full I deactivate the drill and I right click on the converter and click Activate Rocket fuel conversion (btw I am not sure whether this is important but there is no option for liquid fuel and oxidizer like in youtube demo, just rocket fuel and mono propellant, but I figured that this may be due to latest update for 0.24) and although the button clicks, no conversion takes place, the Kethane amount in the tank remains unchanged and fuel tank remains empty.

Lander config:

Kethane survey unit (medium)

RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit

Z-4K Rechargeable Battery Bank (I have plenty of energy when trying to convert + Solar panels for recharging)

Advanced S.A.S Module, Large

Kethane Medium tank

Heavy Converter

Empty Fuel tank

Small Drill

I have tried to use fuel lines as noted in Majiir wiki to connect in lots of configurations but nothing seems to work.

And here I am asking for help

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fuel

Thanks so much for the unofficial Kethane mod mate, after hours of trying different configurations to make the converting unit work, I feel like saying God bless you but I am not a believer so May the stars shine upon your path.

Thanks again

Kethane converting is broken in 0.24.2. There's a hotfix by taniwha (0.8.8.1) that should fix things. It's somewhere in this thread, but can be easily found in the Extraplanetary Launchpad OP.

Also, if you make Kethane tweakable in the editors, you don't have to go through the trouble of scanning and mining it only to find you can't convert it.

Thank you I Will try this. I lot if not all loooooong missions rely on this mod. And I am talking about mission critical can't return critical, do you know if devs are working on proper fix and compatibility with latest version of KSP ?

I forgot to mention that you will still need to download 0.8.8 first if you don't already have it. Extract 0.8.8 first, then extract 0.8.8.1 over top of it.

Could you not make this part a little clearer please?

For those people that miss stuff?

Because I spent four hours figuring out why the mod was non~functional :(

I've installed the lastest Kethane and the fix, it's working in my converted career (well, science sandbox now) from 0.23.5.

I've also built a kethane/karbonite combo miner and landed it at a place with both kethane and one of the karbonite hotspots. Karbonite works fine, but I'm not able to extract kethane. Is it a known bug or did I mess up the fuel flow and the the karbonite converters between the drills and the kethane are blocking the kethane flow? Here's a pic of the miner. And yes, I've realized I've forgotten about adding a kethane converter just after I've landed it.

309hh00.jpg

No, Kethane is ALL_VESSEL, so it can't be blocked. Three possibilities come to mind: not on a kethane deposit, drill doesn't penetrate the ground far enough (do you get sparks?), insufficient electric charge.

Damn. I had missed the kethane deposit by one hexagon.

Well, time for a short suborbital hop

EDIT: Done. I had missed by 1.7 km. I'll still need to deliver something with a converter, though :P

Edited by juanml82

Does the 0.8.8.1 version work with Ksp 64 bit? or is it only for 32 bit ?

I tried installing it with the 0.8.8 and the 0.8.8.1 afterwards, but my game keeps crashing, granted I have a lot of other mods installed, but it didnt crash previous to installing Kethane. I have used kethane in ksp 0.23.5 and it worked flawlessly.

Lastly, thanks to Majiir and taniwha and all other modders out there for sharing all your hard work, your mods make ksp an incredible game that never gets old.

I stand corrected, it was not the kethane mod that crashed my game. The kethane mod is currently working fine, though I have yet to test the different parts etc...

Thank god, this mod is amazing and brings a whole lot of new exciting aspects to the game :-)

Edited by Kimdrengen

Kimdrengen: I can make no comment to 64-bit windows (or even 32-bit windows, for that matter). It does, however, work just fine in 64-bit linux (what I use).

As for crashing, you will have to dig through your output_log.txt (or post it so we can dig for you).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.