Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Continuing the Pride-4 odyssey.

After some fun time (about a half moon day) in the mun, it's time to go back.

I3zTht.png

Right after we press the separation and liftoff button, we need to work on that rendezvous.

oAvKSt.png

Some maneuvers later, the kissing time comes.

ZiU7jt.png

Burning so that we set a periapsis inside kerbin's atmosphere (I used 36k height for this one)

65Jtjt.png

Hours later, we separate the lander from the command module and the capsule from the rest of the craft. Thanks to the mixed use of separators and decouplers, everything ends on different places.

wvqc5t.png

Three circumnavigations later, we start descending back home.

DaDSqt.png

When the heat goes down, it's time to open our chutes.

hbeJct.png

Then, the final descent begins.

ZFKX8t.png

Time for a big "We're back". (Yes, I missed the coast for 800 meters).

OVCnyt.png

Oh, you want to know what happens to the lander? then keep watching.

RbMZZt.png

Yep, those are kerbals' taxes exploding down there.

wMXUIt.png

Testing my new ultra-compact Mun lander at the KSC! Just confirming that its design doesn't prevent the Kerbals from exiting and that it doesn't explode when the ascent stage takes off.

RTZ8TZ9.png

Seems promising enough so far! The ascent stage reached a speed of 104 m/s before it ran out of fuel, but I hope that will be enough on the Mun with the lower gravity and the lack of an atmosphere.

cOjfzVX.jpg

Edited by Felsmak

screenshot401.png

My (unnamed) Duna Transit Ship with space for a dozen Kerbals (with contra-rotating habitation modules) and onboard Kethane processing which includes a harvester for in-situ fuel collection and processing.

screenshot406.png

Makeshift aerobrake using the HOME heatshield. (I wish it were larger than 3 metres though.)

screenshot413.png

The docked Mark 1 Remote Kethane Harvester Module (I may need to redesign it) while the ship sits in its 500km parking orbit above Kerbin.

If the manned (Kermanned? Kerballed?) mission works out, I think I have my interplanetary design.

I love looking at everyone's pictures. I figure I've been lurking around for so long, I might as well contribute. First a couple random pictures:

Here is the K-Team on the Mun. Jeb got tired and decided to have a sit down.

screenshot18.png

When the full game is released I heard it mentioned that Kerbalnauts would need to gain skill so I built this atmospheric only pilot trainer. I call it the Kerbalnaut Astropilot Trainer or KAT for short. :)

screenshot2.png

---

Now for a progression. I wanted to set a new Kerbal world record for highest skydive. I flew out just past Minmus' orbit, detached my 3-Kerbal heat shield/parachute, and began my freefall. I didn't think to take screenshots until I was much closer so feel free to shout "fake!" or "pics or it didn't happen!"

We're free. Free falling.

screenshot5.png

The highly trained team prepares for reentry.

screenshot7.png

I thought we would have slowed down a little bit more by now.

screenshot8.png

Success! Parachutes successfully deplo... wait... where is everyone?

screenshot16.png

Lufry does not appear amused.

screenshot15.png

Well, some Kerbals did always dream of being taller...

screenshot13.png

And of course, everything after that was sunshine and rainbows and lollipops and everyone lived happily ever after. :sealed:

The Maiden Voyage of the K-17 Interplanetary "Ozzy"

This doesn't look sketchy at all..

screenshot2_zpsecce0508.png

screenshot3_zpsf83a36a5.png

screenshot8_zpsada2e7de.png

screenshot10_zps2fc7a2fa.png

screenshot10_zps2fc7a2fa.png

TO THE MUN!

screenshot14_zps2ee32929.png

a very happy Kerbal

screenshot23_zps4d75670e.png

I have an idea

screenshot17_zps329a9f82.png

miscalculated the amount of oxidizer i'd need. soooo... umm... HORRAY! the "Ozzy" mun base is a success!

screenshot25_zps70726462.png

rescue K-17 MKII (more oxidizer, landing lights, and landing gear) landed close by SUCCESS! :)

First Mun landing: Incoming!

Not a screenshot, but didn't feel like making an entire thread.

Good ol' jeb is the first one on the moon. He's not getting back anytime soon. I literally ran out of fuel just before touching down. Time to mount a rescue mission.

Edited by KerbActual

First Mun landing: Incoming!

-snip-

Good ol' jeb is the first one on the moon. He's not getting back anytime soon. I literally ran out of fuel just before touching down. Time to mount a rescue mission.

It's funny how often KSP landings are successful, with the qualifier "rescue mission to follow." :D

The Maiden Voyage of the K-17 Interplanetary "Ozzy"

This doesn't look sketchy at all..

/snips/

rescue K-17 MKII (more oxidizer, landing lights, and landing gear) landed close by SUCCESS! :)

You know, that is part of the Firespitter pack, you could totally replace the props with the electric ones and slap on a few big ass battery banks and make that thing SSTO-on-any-planet-except-Jool-and-maybe-Eve capable, I bet.

If i had to name one thing, just ONE tiny thing that i really love about KSP, i wouldn't say the large rocket engines, or the huge explosions, or the complex nature of Kerbal life support (sarcasm), I would say THIS thing is what i love... the Debulist Mk IV. Beauty in a nutshell (not simplicity though, this thing is more complex than Maelzel's Chess Player).

screenshot817.png