Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Today two of my new Münar Mule Mk. I service vehicles began their mission on the Mün. Each rover can carry up to 5 kerbals in pressurized environment and can be reconfigured for different mission setups with modular trailers. Currently a science trailer is parked at the base camp. More will follow soon.

j5bgZfv.png

Long ago, for a KSP challenge, I built:

The Pentagon Series mk II

Pentagonmk2.jpg?ver=0

Pentagonmk2_Duna3.jpg?ver=0

The mk II has just enough V-delta to reach Mun orbit (from the surface of Mun), the 6 wheels give it plenty of traction (and speed :D), the pentagon-shaped cabin needs ridiculous impact speeds to be destroyed (Kerbals tend to fall out much sooner though), the "reaction wheels" give it enough torque to correct any driving mishaps, the docking port on the bottom makes attaching to a carrier easy, and last but not least, the 4 parachutes allow for safe landing even in the thin atmosphere of Duna.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://imgur.com/a/bQuob

A small rover. Learning German, so in the spirit of "Deutschsprachig," the crafts' names are German

Kleinrover EINS (One) is a Stayputnik-based tiny rover with built in antenna (toggle with 2), science equipment (4 sensors, activate by pressing 3), and a small reaction wheel (toggle with 1) to use for getting back up. Warning! With "getting-up-torque" ON, craft is very difficult to drive unless you've set your rover driving keys to something else (e.g. IJKL) instead of WASD, since the reaction wheel is very powerful for the rover's size, but it's the smallest SAS wheel available in the stock game.

Kleinrover ZWEI (Two) is a low-profile compact OKTO2-based tiny rover. This one is more barebones, with no SAS, science or even communications antenna/equipment. Press 1 to toggle the OKTO2's tiny probe core torque. It has a much smaller vertical profile than the Eins model, though, and is capable of climbing very steep hills compared to the Eins model! (See album for an example.)

Downloads:

Kleinrover Eins

Kleinrover Zwei

Kleinrover! ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Khaos Kart

Seats 2. Maxes out on flat ground at 22m/s.

Can withstand crashes up to (and possibly exceeding) 80m/s. (tho due to the way it's built, it has a slight chance of having the wheels clip into the body if you crash it hard enough...)

Powerful SAS, and a system of landing gear, allows it to right itself on nearly any body.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

i also have a Turbo version (no pics yet) which has only 1 seat, but includes monoprop boosters and a KAS winch (so that my Kerbals can go, uh, Mun-Skiing ;) )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.