(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

omg my internet is back on .. it took them a month to get this remote connection sorted... for a kid that grew up without the internet, as an adult I almost started getting the shakes without it lol...

So we are back on board! will start posting screenies and videos again (and mods of course)

but for the meantime I need to kick some ass in War Thunder.. .

Glad to see that you can finally show us what you've been working on, the Anticipation is killling me!

Glad to see that you can finally show us what you've been working on, the Anticipation is killling me!

I paused on the Valkyrie, as it was causing some major headaches in flight, so the eagle Pod with new IVA is currently being finished, I have a seperate internal to put inside, but now there is a door

at the rear which needs to be opened to access the cockpit.

The truss sections will also have doors and walkways so you can travel inside the craft completely, just like the real thing.

image.php?id=CD4F_530D29FB&jpg

I know it's a little dated, but I downloaded and tried out the MSI Mech Pod Mk1. Unfortunately, while I love the design and the self-sufficiency of it, it's currently unflyable without MechJeb at the helm. The whole pod yaws hard to the right under thrust, and even MJ has a tough time compensating for it. I dug through the cfg files and looked for reasons why it might be doing that, but I came up empty-handed. I think I isolated the problem to the Pod's super-efficient thruster through testing, though I don't know exactly what's going wrong with it. Figured I'd give a heads-up to the problem/bug.

while we're in the making of "get this fixed please" i'd like to mention that the intakes (that come with the rapier engines which work fine(ok they fall off but i can't blame them)) seem to not attach to craft but the game still thinks they're on the side of it.

example:

i have a pod with fueltank and four engines and also 1 of the intakes. at launch it drops off and i go "oh... oh welll lets just try these engines anyway" so i launch and everything works fine (apart from the intakes that are still on the launch pad) then as soon as the engines change to closed cycle KSP loses focus on the ship and instead focuses between the ship and the airintakes which are still on the launch pad :/

i could get pics if that example wasn't good

I know it's a little dated, but I downloaded and tried out the MSI Mech Pod Mk1. Unfortunately, while I love the design and the self-sufficiency of it, it's currently unflyable without MechJeb at the helm. The whole pod yaws hard to the right under thrust, and even MJ has a tough time compensating for it. I dug through the cfg files and looked for reasons why it might be doing that, but I came up empty-handed. I think I isolated the problem to the Pod's super-efficient thruster through testing, though I don't know exactly what's going wrong with it. Figured I'd give a heads-up to the problem/bug.

Seems to be a problem with yours, as I just flew it a week ago and had no issues. Love the thing, looks amazing, just really needs a special decoupler or something to eject it.

while we're in the making of "get this fixed please" i'd like to mention that the intakes (that come with the rapier engines which work fine(ok they fall off but i can't blame them)) seem to not attach to craft but the game still thinks they're on the side of it.

example:

i have a pod with fueltank and four engines and also 1 of the intakes. at launch it drops off and i go "oh... oh welll lets just try these engines anyway" so i launch and everything works fine (apart from the intakes that are still on the launch pad) then as soon as the engines change to closed cycle KSP loses focus on the ship and instead focuses between the ship and the airintakes which are still on the launch pad :/

i could get pics if that example wasn't good

Well for whatever reason KSP is not registering that that part is disconnected. KSP's camera system focuses on the center of mass, so when you have a weight so far from the center of the rocket it focuses somewhere in between. Just another wacky KSP bug. I would try mounting something beneath the intake and strutting the thing on so tight if it wiggles the whole craft better go with it. :D

Well for whatever reason KSP is not registering that that part is disconnected. KSP's camera system focuses on the center of mass, so when you have a weight so far from the center of the rocket it focuses somewhere in between. Just another wacky KSP bug. I would try mounting something beneath the intake and strutting the thing on so tight if it wiggles the whole craft better go with it. :D

oh ok... a better question is why are they falling off in the first place :/

Landing legs???? Landing gear???? Perhaps???? Mayhaps????

Oh yes, we are still out here awaiting newer, better ........ legs.......................

Since the MSI animator is sort of on hold due to IRL stuff with Sirkut, I will release the landing legs today! as well as some other things.

Big pack day!

So, im just testing it now but the pack for today will include

3 x new landing legs

1 x Mono Hover wheels - use at your own risk

1 x experimental goliath transport fuselage (this thing is 10 x bigger than the WT-51)

1 x new experimental MEGA Vtols. When I say mega, I mean mega. 10m

Since the MSI animator is sort of on hold due to IRL stuff with Sirkut, I will release the landing legs today! as well as some other things.

Big pack day!

So, im just testing it now but the pack for today will include

3 x new landing legs

1 x Mono Hover wheels - use at your own risk

1 x experimental goliath transport fuselage (this thing is 10 x bigger than the WT-51)

1 x new experimental MEGA Vtols. When I say mega, I mean mega. 10m

Aaaannndd... still waiting... :(

Aaaannndd... still waiting... :(

I won't lie..

Things were going so well making mods yesterday, I cracked a beer open at midday, lets just say that it got messy after that.

The package is uploading as I drink, er speak.

am i the only that caught the Godjira on the side of the hull because that means GODZILLA

I like how the Godzilla logo almost looks like Godzilla (main body) and a Xenomorph from Aliens (tail wrapped around the logo), or something you'd see in the Aliens universe.

Um, Devo when you said big, I didn't think you meant carry 4 PX-2s in the cargo hold big! Jeb is all over this!:cool:

hehe yep :) glad you like it..

I just made it quick one day for a test, I probably spent more time on the animation than I should have spent on the overall shape, but I needed something not only big inside, but still fit in the SPH, and the reason I cut the back end to a dead square was so you could open the bay easily and get whatever was in there, out. Undocking a cargo carrier or shuttle is a bit trickier than a command pod :)

This is basically how all the Sulaco parts get into space. You think this is big, wait till you see that.

hehe yep :) glad you like it..

I just made it quick one day for a test, I probably spent more time on the animation than I should have spent on the overall shape, but I needed something not only big inside, but still fit in the SPH, and the reason I cut the back end to a dead square was so you could open the bay easily and get whatever was in there, out. Undocking a cargo carrier or shuttle is a bit trickier than a command pod :)

This is basically how all the Sulaco parts get into space. You think this is big, wait till you see that.

wait... your making the Sulaco!?

oh any chance you might have bigger pictures of the first experimental parts pack?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.