(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

I am almost done with my other stuff, took longer than I expected.

Right now I am just trying to catch up on everything, reply to pm's.. a fair bit has changed. Any new cool stuff they've put in?

Also what's the deal with Spaceport? did they abolish the old one? gee I hope if they did the new one is a far sight better. If there are any mods people want and can't find let me know it's all backed up.

Oh hang on I found it...

Oh... um...

.. I guess they still are working on it.. :sealed:

Edited by Devo

I am almost done with my other stuff, took longer than I expected.

Right now I am just trying to catch up on everything, reply to pm's.. a fair bit has changed. Any new cool stuff they've put in?

Also what's the deal with Spaceport? did they abolish the old one? gee I hope if they did the new one is a far sight better. If there are any mods people want and can't find let me know it's all backed up.

Oh hang on I found it...

Oh... um...

.. I guess they still are working on it.. :sealed:

Old spaceport is dead, new spaceport is on Curse. But yes, everything that was on spaceport is gone now (well, SQUAD backed all of it up somewhere) so you'll have to reupload.

Hello, first I wanted to say thank you for all of the good work you have put in creating these parts/ships.

I was curious if I could get the file for the Hyper Ring hosted elsewhere. The spaceport link is as its been said several times now, is down and out for the count.

Our skunkworks program has been looking for just this sort of thing and would be highly appreciative!

Okay, looks like I didn't need the defibrillators after all.

So, devo. Once you get everything set up to the new spaceport (curse), are you going to make some new things or what?

hmmm no offence Squad, but the new Spaceport is not my cup of tea. I know the old one had plenty of faults and "oh but give the new one a try" but in my honest opinion it seems like a real step backwards.

Is it just me or do you guys get a tonne of ads on there too?

I think from now on, to avoid catastrophies (like losing practically every link to your mods... ) I will be hosting my own mods. I am not trying to compete and get the most Downloads or "likes" so it's not a big fuss to me if I host them completely separately to Curse (lol appropriate name there...)

So let me get cracking, I have a clear afternoon and only a few pm's to reply left to, so I will get myself back up and running by tonight. The website will be fairly basic to start with guys, I will just get something up asap.

No logins, no rubbish just click and download :)

Edited by Devo

hmmm no offence Squad, but the new Spaceport is not my cup of tea. I know the old one had plenty of faults and "oh but give the new one a try" but in my honest opinion it seems like a real step backwards.

Is it just me or do you guys get a tonne of ads on there too?

I think from now on, to avoid catastrophies (like losing practically every link to your mods... ) I will be hosting my own mods. I am not trying to compete and get the most Downloads or "likes" so it's not a big fuss to me if I host them completely separately to Curse (lol appropriate name there...)

So let me get cracking, I have a clear afternoon and only a few pm's to reply left to, so I will get myself back up and running by tonight. The website will be fairly basic to start with guys, I will just get something up asap.

No logins, no rubbish just click and download :)

I've heard that the Kerbal CurseForge should be much, much better than the Kerbal Curse Spaceport.

I've heard that the Kerbal CurseForge should be much, much better than the Kerbal Curse Spaceport.

It probably will, everything takes time. The problem I had with spaceport was all the stock .craft files getting uploaded and literally stuffing the place full with stock and it made it impossible to find things, if someone had been more onto that from the start the place could have been salvaged I reckon.

I just am that point now where all of my mods are for a previous version of KSP.. sure some might work but essentially but I have a bit of a hail ahead of me.

Does the R2-DJeb part still work?

I think that one has been broken since MechJeb2 came out, but I could be mistaken. It would be nice to have more case options than the gray box and the full-featured automated lander.

Maybe take the same as Bobcat and appoint a few volunteers as dedicated updaters for old parts. Heck Logan basically is doing that for the Eagle already.

Yeah that is probably a good idea, I have to give the Eagle to Logan tho, that's pretty much his baby now lol.. but if anyone sort of wants to be the master of a ship and help me get it back to scratch (ie if you have a favourite) I will work with you guys to get them back (if they need it, I don't think we are in total meltdown)

Does the R2-DJeb part still work?

The question is does Mech Jeb still work? much of the reason I took a break was because the last update I was here for broke practically all the mods, IR, mechjeb and so many others, so I thought look, i'll come back in bit when I actually have free time and hopefully they will be fixed. If mechjeb is fixed, R2 should work fine.

The question is does Mech Jeb still work? much of the reason I took a break was because the last update I was here for broke practically all the mods, IR, mechjeb and so many others, so I thought look, i'll come back in bit when I actually have free time and hopefully they will be fixed. If mechjeb is fixed, R2 should work fine.

Oh yea mechjeb2 works. So I will download him now and give it a shot. Even if he doesn't work adding a few lines in the cfg to get it working in career isn't hard. So right on :D

Edit: Oh no. It seems R2-DJeb was a victim of the Great Spaceport Genocide. :(

Edited by Spork of Doom

Oh yea mechjeb2 works. So I will download him now and give it a shot. Even if he doesn't work adding a few lines in the cfg to get it working in career isn't hard. So right on :D

Edit: Oh no. It seems R2-DJeb was a victim of the Great Spaceport Genocide. :(

My mod hosting sites nearly done, decided to spend a couple more days on it rather than just rush a crap thing out.

I have every single mod I've ever made and downloaded, backed up all the way back to KSP 0.10 :)

My mod hosting sites nearly done, decided to spend a couple more days on it rather than just rush a crap thing out.

I have every single mod I've ever made and downloaded, backed up all the way back to KSP 0.10 :)

DID YOU SAY .10!?!? YOU HAD MODS FOR .10!?!? HOW...WHY...-ded-

Cool! You know if it could also lock on like the electromagnet in KAS it would help out base construction SOOOOO MUCH!

I'm sure just a module definition for the magnet portion of KAS would make that happen. :)

Devo. I just found the solution to mech legs. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82341-23-5-Bahamuto-Dynamics-CritterCrawler-AnimatedEngines-etc-v1-0-%28Jun7%29 HE HAS MADE A RETRACTING SIX LEGGED CRAWLER BASE FOR PROBES. MAKE LARGER VERSIONS WITH THIS PLUG IN AND MAKE THEM UTTERLY AWESOME.

I saw these on Facebook, and I've tried contacting him but sadly no response. I would love to know how he got the feet to stick to the ground like that.

Sirkut and I have tried similar things, ie. making a walking animation in Blender and putting it in as a function, but the feet just don't wanna stick for a Mechwalker, or bi-ped, perhaps the crab legs were the answer after all!, anyway I hope he responds, I have alot of projects that could benefit from such a secret.

@Sirkut haha awesome, I know I have prob asked this before but can we incorporate the code from the animator into IR?

I saw these on Facebook, and I've tried contacting him but sadly no response. I would love to know how he got the feet to stick to the ground like that.

Sirkut and I have tried similar things, ie. making a walking animation in Blender and putting it in as a function, but the feet just don't wanna stick for a Mechwalker, or bi-ped, perhaps the crab legs were the answer after all!, anyway I hope he responds, I have alot of projects that could benefit from such a secret.

@Sirkut haha awesome, I know I have prob asked this before but can we incorporate the code from the animator into IR?

It's through custom code and treating the legs like wheels using wheel colliders.

As for the animator into IR, maybe one day, It's a lot of code having to be put into another place that has a lot of code so it's going to take some time.

It's through custom code and treating the legs like wheels using wheel colliders.

As for the animator into IR, maybe one day, It's a lot of code having to be put into another place that has a lot of code so it's going to take some time.

ahhh.. that would explain it.. not a bad idea I might give something a bit bigger a go :) I always liked that mechanical spider in Wild West...

It's cool, i'll just stick with IR for now, the animator still is going to be a kickass plugin man, i hope you get the crap sorted out with it.

p.S everyone, if you want to get in early, the site is up

www.waylandmods.com

there is nothing to download there, why? because I am going through them one by one and adding them AFTER they have been tested in the latest KSP - no point throwing them all in and suffering a tonne of bugs, so I am going to do the main ones first and then move to smaller utility items.

Edited by Devo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.