(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

The landing legs were really meant to go with Sirkuts new animator plugin, but seeing as infernal robotics is in need of repair, it might take longer than expected for then to reach their full potential as a manually operated landing leg (as in you can select any height on any leg you like, allowing for uneven surfaces as a base but keeping the craft level) The performance loss is possibly due to colliders that intersect when its animating, I've noticed that happens alot.

Currently just seeing what mods are totally broke and what are not, so ill fix them as I go I guess. The Space Eagle wont get fixed as there is a new one coming out really soon, but the pegasus yeah i need to revamp that for the new version, I put too much work into that one.

wait the pegasus was and is broken? it seems to work fine for me... albeit i use B9 landing wheels and just use it as a shuttle but still...

Guest Space Cowboy

Hello Devogen,

I am going to try to make a Space: 1999 Ultra Probe. I plan to use your CM. I hope this is all good with you. Problem I will run into first will be the oval fuselage of the lifeboat. The rest should not be too terrible. I plant to keep the mod use to a bare minimum too. I hope it doesn't look like crap. I will credit you with your parts wherever appropriate.

Space

=================================================

OK got around to building a rought draft tonight. I need an Ultra Probe Command Module in a bad way!

screenshot12_zpsaf388545.png

Edited by Space Cowboy

wait the pegasus was and is broken? it seems to work fine for me... albeit i use B9 landing wheels and just use it as a shuttle but still...

Not that I'm aware of, I just get people yelling random things like "Fix the Pegasus" :/ So thought I should get around to looking at it again.

@SpaceCowboy,

What if I told you the front half was already done? :)

I saw that ejecting command pod some time ago and started work on it, just never got round to texturing it. Since the Serenity is so hard and taking me forver im gonna break on it, the ultra prob will take me all of a day or two to finish.

I'm going to go off the show basic design unless theres anything you want changed? I am concerned how the pod will perform on it's own but I guess we'll know when we try!

I've tested the hover-wheels and a few things I've noticed. It's a very interesting concept, but it needs work to be practical. Particularly the hover aspect.

Once your wheels get out of alignment with each other there doesn't seem to be any way to put them back in alignment. If one side of your RCS Lift is pointing down, and the other is pointing backwards, that vehicle is not getting off the ground. It would be nice to have a "reset" feature or a "Rotate and Lock for Flight" feature.

The wheels can't be repaired. That seems to be a common problem. Once they're broken, they're broken for good.

They're pretty bouncy as wheels go. Kinda reminds me of the Mako from Mass Effect. But they do have good speed, and the suspension is reasonably high off the ground.

Visually they are VERY strange. The magnetic lines of force holding the hubs together just looks a bit at odds with the usual KSP aesthetic. Maybe what you could do would be to have the hubs actually held solidly in one piece while they are just wheels, and only split open for flight?

More testing coming.

Guest Space Cowboy

Ok this may be sacrilege. Whoever I offend I apologize. Logan Darklighter and Devogen made the parts. Here's a concept for emergency dispatch of an Eagle out of Earth's gravity. I guess the aero device could be flown back down with a Kerbal in it. I don't know how.

DOWNLOAD

http://youtu.be/5EmzF0PfCrI

Ugh... having some issues with KSP.

Are you using this in the new KSP 23.5? Cause I'm holding off on using 23.5 until several mods I use are fixed - chief among which for piloting the Eagle is Mechjeb.

Tried to load it in KSP 23 and it won't load. Says it's incompatible. Don't suppose you have a .23 version of that?

If not, I think I can attempt to recreate what you've got there. It's reasonably obvious what parts are what.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh... having some issues with KSP.

Are you using this in the new KSP 23.5? Cause I'm holding off on using 23.5 until several mods I use are fixed - chief among which for piloting the Eagle is Mechjeb.

Tried to load it in KSP 23 and it won't load. Says it's incompatible. Don't suppose you have a .23 version of that?

If not, I think I can attempt to recreate what you've got there. It's reasonably obvious what parts are what.

Guest Space Cowboy

Yeah I musta made in in point five. Very simple device though. Keep several installs on your hard drive I do it seems to be a convenient option.

Hey Logan, As you can probably tell from my tag I love the Space 1999 Eagle design. The show was one of my faves back in the day. I even had the Eagle One Toy as a kid. I mean the really big plastic one with figures and the whole bit. Any way love this mod. Please keep it up and by the way how about doing a Nostromo towing vessel from the original Alien.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still alive sorry guys, I have been in programming mode for a couple of months trying to get a project finished (a commercial one) so it's taken alot of my personal time, and also setting up a business on the side, so it's been a more than usually busy year this year, if all goes according to plan I can start my mods up again come end of May, but until then I'm committed to a game engine I have been building for about 5 years now with some friends and it's right at the end now, so it sort of needs 100 percent focus, but I have heaps of new infernal robotics and Space Eagle stuff coming - it's important infernal robotics is working with the new version for those to happen, so hopefully with sirkut we can get it back on course for the new versions.

Glad to see you back devo! But hey, you need to make some new parts. Like oh I dont know, maybe a mobile base set or something? like a giant truck with base-like parts or maybe a form of docking port that just needs you to be under or over it to lock or something. But still, good to see you back.

Just started playing Kerbals again after a long pause and was wanting to ask, has the new patches messed with the Eagle at all? I cant think of how, but when ever I use Eagle the staging is all messed up(half off screen) engines don't work right, and even in the VAP or SPH the center of mass guide disappears randomly... And yes I have tried with no Mods and applied Logans tweaks...

Just started playing Kerbals again after a long pause and was wanting to ask, has the new patches messed with the Eagle at all? I cant think of how, but when ever I use Eagle the staging is all messed up(half off screen) engines don't work right, and even in the VAP or SPH the center of mass guide disappears randomly... And yes I have tried with no Mods and applied Logans tweaks...

Did you get the Eagle X3 from spaceport, or the X2? The X2 uses an old MechJeb (mumech) plugin, and might be really messed up.

Wasmic, I just transferred over from the backup I had of .22 really odd.. Though when going through testing each part one at a time the issue seams to be the command capsule. Using select root plugging if I take say the Kethane Prospector lop off the command capsule and replace it with a different capsule it will fly... err crash from the changed center of mass, but I digress. Though I wonder if you might be onto something with the idea of Mechjeb. I dont think its that pluggin, but I wonder if it can be the modules in the parts .cfg Need to do some checking.

EDIT: Ok problem was on my end. While looking through the modules I noticed this:

INTERNAL

{

name = FASAGeminiInt2

}

Wait what? Then I realized I only copied over the parts, and NOT THE SPACES. Headdesk. Now as to why the lack of an internal would cause errors like that is beyond me...

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Wasmic, I just transferred over from the backup I had of .22 really odd.. Though when going through testing each part one at a time the issue seams to be the command capsule. Using select root plugging if I take say the Kethane Prospector lop off the command capsule and replace it with a different capsule it will fly... err crash from the changed center of mass, but I digress. Though I wonder if you might be onto something with the idea of Mechjeb. I dont think its that pluggin, but I wonder if it can be the modules in the parts .cfg Need to do some checking.

EDIT: Ok problem was on my end. While looking through the modules I noticed this:

INTERNAL

{

name = FASAGeminiInt2

}

Wait what? Then I realized I only copied over the parts, and NOT THE SPACES. Headdesk. Now as to why the lack of an internal would cause errors like that is beyond me...

That's a known KSP bug. Blame SQUAD.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.