International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

I've made a new .craft file, but unfortunately, it currently requires my personal modifications to the Kosmos pack, because it also features Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet. I'll soon make a version that doesn't need that and post it.

Devo, I think that quitting is not the right answer here. It is not true that no-one tried to help you with the PMA, several people, including myself, gave you different suggestions. I myself said that maybe it is not possible to have a part with two docking ports (Which turned out too be true.) Since this problem couldn't be solved for over a month, maybe it was easier to just make a new one. This is not your fault, but it is also not BobCat's fault, and there is no need walk out because of this situation.

Perhaps when multi-docking port part support is added, your PMA could be added back in. I value your work greatly, and I'm sure that everyone else does. It's just that sometimes making something new is easier and less complicated than fixing a different part.

I advise you to reconsider and return to the ISS team.

POTKC

Yeah, maybe BobCat couldn't figure out what's wrong with your PMA, but when he created his own, it worked. I've seen cases like that, something is horribly bugged, you're spending days on fixing it, then you give up and rebuild it. Then, in spite of you doing it precisely the same way as before, it works perfectly. TBH, the PMA issue, with it's elusive nature and very odd effects, seemed like this kind of bug from the start. So please, continue on Pirs, Z1 and Cupola. The ISS can't be complete without those.

yes 1.5 months hoping for help, asking everyone, sending you email and original files simply to look and see if you can see error, but you have no time for that as you said, but have time to make entirely new PMA, can you see irony there Bob?

Not, its no irony. Im still dont know what error spaming your PMA. For what search error 1.5 moths , if make new PMA = 2 day?

Im also having critical errors in my projects, but if nobody dont know how fix that need make other.

Do I make new PMA to only have same problem? why make new one and run into same issue. Do I know what problem the PMA had and did I learn how to fix, or did anyone assist? No. I never now find out why PMA doesnt work so can never make docking.

I dont know your bug or error, i dont see Unity project (mesh and texture (yes, yiu sending me) cant content game errors or bugs, only visual).

This never feel like community project to be honest Bob, it feels like Bobcat project we just help out on, so lets get that settled.,

Lol. You seem highly offended.

Yes, now we have finished parts for 2 company BobCat ind and Lionheart inc, and your Unity 1 (also need fix). If you dont update Unity 1 , im also remake Unity 1 too, need only 1 day to model and 1 day to interior.

Many community modders helping to ISS project , but lost interes to KSP before part finished. That not my problem.

Im suggest this project , and if ALL modders leave project , im anyway finished this mod... alone. Like russian says "ßрþúуúðрõúðû ø ÑÂьõñðÃȄÂÑÂ"

And also community (users) all time help me to create projects , this one and other.

All this lyric... you not answer, you dont fix and update your Unity 1 ?

Not, its no irony. Im still dont know what error spaming your PMA. For what search error 1.5 moths , if make new PMA = 2 day?

Im also having critical errors in my projects, but if nobody dont know how fix that need make other.

I dont know your bug or error, i dont see Unity project (mesh and texture (yes, yiu sending me) cant content game errors or bugs, only visual).

Lol. You seem highly offended.

Yes, now we have finished parts for 2 company BobCat ind and Lionheart inc, and your Unity 1 (also need fix). If you dont update Unity 1 , im also remake Unity 1 too, need only 1 day to model and 1 day to interior.

Many community modders helping to ISS project , but lost interes to KSP before part finished. That not my problem.

Im suggest this project , and if ALL modders leave project , im anyway finished this mod... alone. Like russian says "ßрþúуúðрõúðû ø ÑÂьõñðÃȄÂÑÂ"

And also community (users) all time help me to create projects , this one and other.

All this lyric... you not answer, you dont fix and update your Unity 1 ?

Why can't you communicate like this more often?

We are well aware that you can do the entire thing on your own Bobcat, probably in a matter of days no doubt. I'm not offended, just dissapointed. If you want to do another Unity, go for it, you might as well throw that one in the trash too.

Im just ask you,

Subsequently, you will continue to work on Node 1, or in the future you're not going to update it.

I'm not going to throw in the trash until the author supports his creation.

I've made a new .craft file, but unfortunately, it currently requires my personal modifications to the Kosmos pack, because it also features Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet. I'll soon make a version that doesn't need that and post it.

Have you fixed the craft file?

No, I made a new one. It has nodes 1 and 2 swapped (to match the sizes, if the plaques bother you, you can edit the textures) and new parts attached.

Darth, really, the craft file that comes in the NEW ISS version works fine. you must have forgotten to update yours.

The Craft file in the New version of the download works fine.

Redownload the ISS mod, and make sure you update the SHIP Folder.

it works fine Darth.

(I answered once for every time he asked the question).

make sure you are in the SPH, and that you are loading ISS (stock). not some other verison of it)

I meant removed the parts that you added and addded the updated ISS parts.

Not yet, I'm busy with other stuff. Besides, check the one already in the latest pack.

Could you add the CanadaArm to the craft file for version 0.1.1? I don't know exactly where to put it, a video I watched said put it under the destiny module but I don't know where.
You can put it where you want since the thing can crawl itself all over the station. It's primary 'zone' is usually going to be on the S0 Truss where (in real life) it's mounted to a track system that can move along the truss. Since we don't have the relocation or track systems for the arm, you should put it wherever you think it looks best or will be most useful. Dunno if it works with KAS.

It can mount itself to any of these but I don't know if or how many are actually represented on the textures. It's a pretty minor detail though. To be honest I never found either the Buran or Canadarm2 to be stable enough to be useful. Even if you manage to get your craft stable enough (using precision control) it's very difficult to be precise enough to be used alone, the torque is just too much.

Edited by Good_Apollo

You can put it where you want since the thing can crawl itself all over the station. It's primary 'zone' is usually going to be on the S0 Truss where (in real life) it's mounted to a track system that can move along the truss. Since we don't have the relocation or track systems for the arm, you should put it wherever you think it looks best or will be most useful. Dunno if it works with KAS.

It can mount itself to any of these but I don't know if or how many are actually represented on the textures. It's a pretty minor detail though. To be honest I never found either the Buran or Canadarm2 to be stable enough to be useful. Even if you manage to get your craft stable enough (using precision control) it's very difficult to be precise enough to be used alone, the torque is just too much.

I think the track system would be fairly easy to implement with romfarer's plugin, since that's what the arm uses(so it's already included) and you just need the right buttons to do the right things.

I think the track system would be fairly easy to implement with romfarer's plugin, since that's what the arm uses(so it's already included) and you just need the right buttons to do the right things.

Originally the Robotic Arms Pack was going to include the track system, but it got cut short as it was right about that time that Squad picked Romfarer up officially.

If you dig around in the BobCat Ind. Historical Spacecraft thread or Romfarer's Lazor System thread, you may be able to find some pictures of it, but I suspect they were lost during the April forum rollback.

The really cool part about it which might not be possible in KSP, is that both sides of the arm are 'magnets', and can relocate themselves to different modules for different activities.

I can't think why this wouldn't be possible in KSP. Multiple docking points are possible, and as long as the arm is attached to an active vessel on at least one end, it should be controllable at all times. I'm not sure why Romfarer and BobCat decided not to do it that way, but I imagine they must have had their reasons.

Too bad, really. I think you're quite right: Canadarm2's ability to "walk" itself across the station is it's coolest feature! :)

Well it can't walk across the entire station, the only segment on ROS that has a mount is Rassvet because it was installed from a shuttle. But I don't think it could support the entire arm with a payload..

I can't think why this wouldn't be possible in KSP. Multiple docking points are possible, and as long as the arm is attached to an active vessel on at least one end, it should be controllable at all times. I'm not sure why Romfarer and BobCat decided not to do it that way, but I imagine they must have had their reasons.

It can "walk", actually, but due to a bug, you need patience of a saint and a stroke of luck for it. Turns out it works well with a probe core attached at the end, but you need to switch to tracking station after each docking. In general, avoid doing that unless you must (like during assembling the Truss).

Edited by Guest

I beleive if I put one arm that the s0-s1 seem, and another arm at the s0-p1 seem, then I think I can reach as far as I need to. well, I am going to try it anyway.

(yes, yes, I know .. I would have a non-accurate ship, so sue me).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.