[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Tiberions shuttles and Bobcats Buran both work perfectly (though I will say you need to be a little more careful with payloads in Tiberions shuttles, are they are a bit more realistic far as stats go).

As for Apollo parts.....there is no mod that has apollo parts...

Of all the mods that 'could' add Apollo parts Im am happy its Frizzank doing it.

As for Skylab.....there is a stock one now...the Lab....add some solar panels a docking port.....and a silly mylar radiator mounted on fishing poles...BAM ya gots Skylab.

Did yall hear about the deep space lab they want to launch, to orbit earth further than the moon. Silly guys are actually gonna call it Skylab II.....I for one kinda think thats bad luck...seeing as how we almost cooked 3 astronauts to get the first one going.

YGRPLl0.png

Cooooool! Thanks.

There are good Apollo parts spread out through different mods. I did a Saturn V like engine for NovaPunch. KW has a pretty good CSM engine, and so on. The only thing really missing is a good Lander, and a pack that has them all together.

So yea me!

Did I read that right' date=' FASA style APOLLO parts?

Tell me I read that right, because this nerdgasmic spasm I just had must not go to waste.[/quote']

No Apollo parts yet.

the work is in progress. i'm very new in UNITY. but all will be solved in time.

current progress (long video)

There are good Apollo parts spread out through different mods. I did a Saturn V like engine for NovaPunch. KW has a pretty good CSM engine, and so on. The only thing really missing is a good Lander, and a pack that has them all together.

So yea me!

Yup. I want (and hope) this will be a good enuff lander. Damn KSP limitations. I dunno about most part of it and trying to do something. And can't. and thought i'm a dumpkopf and stupid man. and in one perfect day someone told me about limitations...

Edited by DennyTX

the work is in progress. i'm very new in UNITY. but all will be solved in time.

current progress (long video)

http://youtu.be/VKgMDFJhGug

Yup. I want (and hope) this will be a good enuff lander. Damn KSP limitations. I dunno about most part of it and trying to do something. And can't. and thought i'm a dumpkopf and stupid man. and in one perfect day someone told me about limitations...

Mother of god...THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Will the csm and capsule be shiny this guy made a plugin maybe you could use it if you dont have your own.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37383-0-21-x-ReflectiveShader-Plugin-%28Version-1-2%29

That lunar module is awesome go Apollo

This guy has done some very nice F1 engines http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47892-0-21-X-Rocketdyne-F-1-Liquid-Engine-(Saturn-V-main-engines)-UPDATED-v1-2 like you said good parts scattered all over and nothing together

Edited by Virtualgenius

Btw the launch tower looks amazing, great work.

Would you maybe release the tower/clamps and the scientific stuff as own pack? i think the pack now is realy huge and maybe there are more people like me, they only want specific parts of your pack. as example: i don't realy need rocket parts, but i ever search science parts and other cool stuff, like your launch tower, clamps and other parts.

this pack is realy huge and there is a memory limit :D so i think it would be good to split the huge pack in smaller packs. for this the structure of the mod don't need a change, because you can put the same content (part, plugin, whatever) in multiple packs.

that way more people use your parts, i guess, because they can simply chose what they want and what not, without searching part names and deleting manually (a lot of work).

if it's just the work you don't want to do for this and you like the idea, i could help you :)

at least: i like your rocket parts too (just i already have tons of rocket parts). maybe more complicated to put together to a rocket, but i like the degree of detail you've done. your moonlander looks awesome too.

a small impression, your tower on a shuttle:

ukhFPX7.png

Would you maybe release the tower/clamps and the scientific stuff as own pack? i think the pack now is realy huge and maybe there are more people like me, they only want specific parts of your pack. as example: i don't realy need rocket parts, but i ever search science parts and other cool stuff, like your launch tower, clamps and other parts.

this pack is realy huge and there is a memory limit :D so i think it would be good to split the huge pack in smaller packs. for this the structure of the mod don't need a change, because you can put the same content (part, plugin, whatever) in multiple packs.

that way more people use your parts, i guess, because they can simply chose what they want and what not, without searching part names and deleting manually (a lot of work).

if it's just the work you don't want to do for this and you like the idea, i could help you :)

at least: i like your rocket parts too (just i already have tons of rocket parts). maybe more complicated to put together to a rocket, but i like the degree of detail you've done. your moonlander looks awesome too.

a small impression, your tower on a shuttle:

http://i.imgur.com/ukhFPX7.png

No..

Everyone has a favorite part they like and everyone is different. Breaking up my mod to suit everyone would be a more work than I am willing to do. I have already put an enormous amount of work in the pack and I think it shows. The least you can do is download the whole thing and delete the parts you don't like if you only want a few parts.

Parts are broken up by program for easier deleting of stuff you do not want. I'm pulling out the science stuff to there own folder since folks really like just those parts. It doesn't break saves just better organization.

FYI... Apollo is going to be a huge pack, lots of large textures. I sympathize with those of you who can not load a lot of mods, but part of the reason for doing this is to have nice looking parts that I can show in a portfolio so it is non negotiable.

If your at your memory limit, download one of the memory reduction mods, or delete some of your mods. KSP has its limitations, you can't have every part, and mod pack, pick the ones you like, and enjoy the game.

The parts will be broken up into there own Apollo folder. The CSM and LEM will have their own as well for folks that just want those.

The LEM is looking fantastic! My only concern is that the crew eyepoints are too far back to give the proper viewing angles through the windows, but that may be unavoidable due to the proportion differences between kerbals and humans, not to mention that kerbals must be seated while humans stood in the LEM (though having the seats so high up as you've done goes a long way to mitigate that).

If I can make a suggestion, if you cannot move the eyepoints any further forward due to physical limits of the cabin, sacrifice a little realism to move the upper docking window aft so that a kerbal looking straight up can see through it directly along the vertical axis of the craft. That would make IVA docking a little easier.

Edited by RoboRay

You could just delete the parts out of the FASA folder that you don't want. You wont' break anything aside from things that are meant to work together but with little else. (Like the docking ports or the Crew compartments for example).

That's the best go-to option for anyone who wants to trim what they are loading into their game. If you need more after trimming the parts you don't want or don't use out of the big part mods like B9, FASA, AIES, etc then you can go to the memory reduction mod and reduced texture packs and such.

The LEM is looking fantastic! My only concern is that the crew eyepoints are too far back to give the proper viewing angles through the windows, but that may be unavoidable due to the proportion differences between kerbals and humans, not to mention that kerbals must be seated while humans stood in the LEM (though having the seats so high up as you've done goes a long way to mitigate that).

If I can make a suggestion, if you cannot move the eyepoints any further forward due to physical limits of the cabin, sacrifice a little realism to move the upper docking window aft so that a kerbal looking straight up can see through it directly along the vertical axis of the craft. That would make IVA docking a little easier.

Where he goes is up to Denny and whatever looks best to him. Compensating for kerbal size difference of course.

You can zoom with your mouse wheel and middle mouse click zooms in even further.

when you are doing Apollo, will you be making the docking adapter for the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project? I'm not fussed about using the Mir Docking Module as a stand-in if not, but would be nice having the original to use

ops. i forget about it, but now i will. after CSM and rover.

well, one more video. Internal activity. I'm about to finish internal props. Just need a bit retexturing. Soon, very soon we will restore peace and order throughout the galaxy it wiil be realised in FASA update.

PS: damn. i forgot about airlock. still gotta do it.

Edited by DennyTX

Would it be possible to add a 3.75m-2.5m fairing cone, please, just to round out the collection of fairing pieces? I'm discovering interesting ways to use these parts for interstages, and I'd like to have that part in the toolkit.

Would it be possible to add a 3.75m-2.5m fairing cone, please, just to round out the collection of fairing pieces? I'm discovering interesting ways to use these parts for interstages, and I'd like to have that part in the toolkit.

Thank you for mentioning this! I was thinking of the same thing for my larger vehicles.

frizzank: ok, thank you for answering.

i know, i can do that, i was just thinking about other players, they may have no clue about the structures. and i use the texture compressor plugin already, but thaks for the information.

G'th: i know, but thanks too :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.