[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hey i love this mod but whenever I try take off with a b9 engine my craft wobbles all over the place and ends up crashing, and ive seen many youtubers with the same problem. Is this a bug?

Hey i love this mod but whenever I try take off with a b9 engine my craft wobbles all over the place and ends up crashing, and ive seen many youtubers with the same problem. Is this a bug?

Your problem is not related to just B9. Part wobble is an inherent flaw of how KSP vessels are constructed and it can be solved with just two words: MOAR STRUTS!

Whenever you spot unwanted movement between two parts simply tie the two together. Struts have little to no negative effect on weight and drag so don't be afraid to indulge yourself.

Edited by Tex_NL

I was seeing something like that but I was running Mechjeb with the "manage air intakes" on in the Throttle/Utilities section.

You know, I had toggled that on one of my flights and completely forgot about it after closing the window. That's probably it. I guess it's juggling my air intake needs while minimizing my drag. Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look. I never would have thought of looking at mechjeb.

I was wondering if I might use Exsurgent Engineering's dll for a mod of my own, who should I contact to ask permission?

Well, Bac9 should know. You could PM him in case he doesn't check this thread very often anymore.

How come the SABRE M Engine can't mount anything underneath it?

Do you mean, stack mounting like with the Mainsail or Poodle? Probably because it's not intended for use in a rocket stack, but as a space plane engine. It really is most useful for atmospheric use, since it weighs more than a comparable rocket engine, and if you're using it for an upper-stage engine, you could probably do better (the Skipper comes to mind). If you're using it for first stage, why do you need to mount anything under it?

it works absolutely fine for me on .21, the only thing that doesn't is the sas. but that really isn't a big issue :)

Try sticking on the spaceplane rcs. When I attempt to attach it, the whole stack bugs and the game stops accepting clicks.

i only tried a couple of planes, if it uses asas modules, it won't work as intended. i had to take the nose cones and hull attached ones off but i haven't run into anything like that yet

Try sticking on the spaceplane rcs. When I attempt to attach it, the whole stack bugs and the game stops accepting clicks.

Yeah, that happens with a bunch of parts from a bunch of mods and sometimes even stock parts. As far as my experience goes, it's at random...

I have a problem with my Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank and an adapter, which I tried only because the coupler failed. I went so far as to put ab 12 to 18 struts trying to hold it in place. It happens within the first 5000 meters. It also happens on both of my couplers/adapters. the adapter helped, though, it still happens. All parts are the same size so an adapter doesn't actually fully connect. Sorry if I am not describing this very well, it is late and I am tired.

Yeah, that happens with a bunch of parts from a bunch of mods and sometimes even stock parts. As far as my experience goes, it's at random...

Happening to me also, definitely mod related.

happens to me also. The game gets jammed Have to close game. Related to mod.

Guys, come on... Give them at least 24 hours... Don't ask right away if it works with the new version...

And yes, parts "work", though I'd assume anything related to SAS wouldn't really function any more...

Some parts cause the problem mentioned in previous posts (where they "jam" the game), but that's not a mod-specific problem (it happens with other mods, not just B9)...

I've found it's usually plug-in related parts like MechJeb's case, the Kethane detectors and Lazor's thing... The parts get "placed" but don't show up, instead stick to the mouse like my ex-girlfriend, jamming the game...