[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Could anyone direct me if there is a proper way to attach docking ports to the CDP shielded docking port that is included with B9? I know how normally you would attach one docking port to your ship then rotate the other and attach it, however this isn't working with the B9 port..any advice?

Could anyone direct me if there is a proper way to attach docking ports to the CDP shielded docking port that is included with B9? I know how normally you would attach one docking port to your ship then rotate the other and attach it, however this isn't working with the B9 port..any advice?

You can't place shielded docking ports together only open ones, so if you are connecting a spaceplane to a station for example, you would use the shielded one, whereas if you wanted something connected on launch you would use the default docking port

You can't place shielded docking ports together only open ones, so if you are connecting a spaceplane to a station for example, you would use the shielded one, whereas if you wanted something connected on launch you would use the default docking port

Even though it is openable in the SPH now? dangit!

That's not true anymore.

Even though it is openable in the SPH now? dangit!

This mod is what you want. Not sure if it works with the B9 docking port but it definately works with the stock shielded docking port and allows you to connect shielded docking ports together or to normal docking ports in the VAB. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to get working with the B9 one if it doesn't.

I have a game breaking shading error. Mostly explained in the pictures. There a huge shadow everywhere that follows me. My specs below:

Mac OS X Mavericks

8GB RAM (doesn't really matter as KSP uses 3.6)

2.6 GHZ Intel Core i7

Mods installed:

Kerbaljoint Reinforcement

Kerbal Attachment System

Removed both these mods and it still did not work after a completely fresh install.

There are two images

http://imgur.com/VRiwmJ8,rgBr0nS

Btw, on the first picture, look how bright it is on the land far away and on the ocean and compare to the space center.

I have a game breaking shading error. Mostly explained in the pictures. There a huge shadow everywhere that follows me. My specs below:

Mac OS X Mavericks

8GB RAM (doesn't really matter as KSP uses 3.6)

2.6 GHZ Intel Core i7

Mods installed:

Kerbaljoint Reinforcement

Kerbal Attachment System

Removed both these mods and it still did not work after a completely fresh install.

There are two images

http://imgur.com/VRiwmJ8,rgBr0nS

Btw, on the first picture, look how bright it is on the land far away and on the ocean and compare to the space center.

Have You tried installing the reduced textures, I had massive shader problems in KSP on my mac if I installed B9 without them

For me, SABRE engines don't work in 0.23. They're not even displayed in the staging column.

i made some new configs for both sabre engines yesterday with properly positioned and scaled smoketrails and effects with squads module for multi mode engines, they dont need any plugins. i think they even look better than the original sabre effects. just place the cfg's in each of the engines folders inside the b9 folder. They do not overwrite the default sabres in any way. And you can have both in the game at the same time

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9yFzV-G4YPzejA5V0w1YzNKUlU&usp=sharing

keep in mind that the b9 air intakes for sabres requires the kinetech.dll plugin to work

for those who want to take a look here are the effects running at different throttle settings

Javascript is disabled. View full album

sorry the sabre s went out of fuel in one of the pics.

i reduced the heat production of the sabre m rocket mode a little but it still overheats when in the atmosphere as it should

Edit:

I do have my default b9 sabres working too. But the new exurgentengineering.dll is a little too unstable and buggy for my taste.

Edited by landeTLS

Wondering if anybody experiences this, KSP crashes right after loading screen with B9 installed. I installed the new exsurgentengineering dll and the new firespitter.dll..

If i uninstall B9 game loads fine..

Mods installed:B9,KW Rocketry,NovaPunch2,Kerbal Joint Reinforcement,Planet factory,KSPInterstellar.

Edited by halfbak3d

Well, I got my sabres working a-ok on 0.23 by updating the mod with the new DLLs from Firespitter and ExsurgentEngineering. FAR installed as well for good measure. Been having some minor problems with gear stability, but I can't say if this is new or not. I got the gear working alright for Spaceplane Charlie (and don't ask what happened to spaceplanes Alpha and Bravo - it's a sensitive subject and Jeb doesn't want to talk about it...) I've seen a lot of talk about overheating while supersonic, but I keep going past 1700 m/s in the upper atmo without the engines ever going into the red. I guess people should just use precoolers like I do?

I guess it's not the most impressive plane showcased in this thread, but it'll get a 16 meter long load of 40 tons into a 100k orbit real quick due to the over-abundance of engine power... While I'm sure I could modify it to carry a double orange tank payload, I don't see a big need for launching two tanks at once, and more importantly - it'd slow down the trip to orbit significantly, and I like things quick and painless; if it takes more than 5 minutes to reach orbit, I'd rather use a rocket.

Fully loaded it weighs in at 130 tons. Dry mass is 60 tons.

I rather like the design: regardless of fuel level or payload size, the center of mass stays virtually unchanged, since I got the fuel outriggers, the central HL cargo hull, and the engine pods all smack in the middle of the center of mass. Also, it looks deliciously exotic.

If it looks like the fuselage is sort of coming apart at the seams... it's because it is. Jeb's flying it empty and pulling 5g to show off for the camera. And no... I didn't just spend all night getting that plane out of the hangar... I wouldn't do such a thing, would I? ^_^

mac

zas5.png

Edited by maclypse

People keep telling about that NEW ExsurgentEngineering, but where it can be downloaded? Please help!

You can find it here: https://github.com/careo/ExsurgentEngineering/raw/0.23.0/ExsurgentEngineering/obj/Release/ExsurgentEngineering.dll .

I tagged it so I don't accidentally break it as I overhaul the gimbal module. Let me know if you run into any problems.

By chance, does this enable the ability to "turn off" the control surfaces via action groups? It'd be sweet to not have my spaceplanes flapping uselessly once outside atmo >_<

It makes the control surfaces use the new control surface module from 0.23. So anything the stock ones can do, they can do. Not sure off-hand if that includes disabling them via actions groups or not. It at least lets you tweak the axes they use.

Theory: the sheer scope of B9 Aerospace and all its dependencies makes it extra tough to update and fix compatibility issues for every new KSP release.

Theoretical solution: breaking it down into smaller packages, individually with fewer dependencies.

Added bonus: you don't need to install of B9 if you only care about a certain category of parts.

Proactive response to anticipated rebutal: yes, I'd be happy to delete the parts I don't want or don't need, but it'd be easier if I knew what dependencies (primarily DLLs) specific part required.

Theory: the sheer scope of B9 Aerospace and all its dependencies makes it extra tough to update and fix compatibility issues for every new KSP release.

Theoretical solution: breaking it down into smaller packages, individually with fewer dependencies.

Practical rebuttal: updates remain equally lengthy for the mod author, adding no incentive to implement this "solution"

Practical rebuttal: updates remain equally lengthy for the mod author, adding no incentive to implement this "solution"

Agreed, apart from the possibility of releasing 4 out 5 packages if only the fifth is depending on something that is yet to be updated. I don't think it's just by chance that B9 is one of the few major mods to be updated for 0.23.

Also, multiple packages lead to additional overhead compared to a single package. It's another thing to consider when weighing monlitihic versus modular approaches. Personally, I'm generally very much in favour of the latter.