Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

My (current) flag for Centari Interstellar. We're still workin' on the 'Interstellar' part, but hey! Maybe some of those brave kerbinauts I fired into a Kerbol escape velocity will find something! Those poor, gullible kerbals...

3876418B32F5AC305AA7F646E3E6AD186BDFDF07

You managed to put text in before me

QM3H4Oz.png?1

I just gave up on text

Edited by Spartwo

My "national" program flag is just a twist on my usual avatar, with white trim (so it shows up in space, but you can't see it here because of the white page background....):

BlackDieBorder.png

Here lately I've started to use mission-specific flags. These follow rather simple rules: All mission flags feature the black-background standard logo in a white circle. Orbital operations get an extra circle inside the white circle in a color that matches the planetary color. For landings, the flag is split by a white line and the lower 1/2 area is the planetary color. (Planetary colors are color of the primary planet of the body being landed on, except for Mun and Minmus which use their own colors.) If the body is a moon, the white dot at 45º is added. The number of white dots indicates which moon this is in the system. Any mission text (for significant operations) is placed in the upper right corner.

Some examples:

Minmus Lander:

BlackDieMission-Minmus.png

Duna Orbiter:

BlackDieMission-DunaOrbit.png

Saw this thread, did a little work with GIMP. Dunno if anyone else has gone this route, the thread's too big to have read it ALL...

KANtest01.png

This was a first attempt, I really, REALLY wanted to add the radial glow effect from the wallpaper found here (bit big to link inline, so take a look)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/054/4/1/Aperture_Science_Wallpaper_Ora_by_jaberw0cky.jpg

But that's way beyond my skills for the moment.

Heck, the worst parts of the above image were

1: getting gimp to rotate the circle by 22.5 degrees...

2: coming up with the acronym...

:D

I tend to like the more vector based simplistic designs, so this is what I went with as a base:

fwl1GpV.png

Then for mission patches, a system of stripes and the badge icons

Ye7lGKY.png

Vq6swdK.png

That is gorgeous..

bvUO0nq.png

Scaled down version of this

1323479230651.png

Unoriginal, I know

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer makes a website that's literally nothing but a bunch of random googled .gif's strewn around. :D

Edited by Baleur

I assembled some basic flags for fun.

I'm annoyed at how many "home-brew" national flags there are on google with incorrect colour hues, shape angles etc, so i just took the official rock-solid flags off wikipedia and resized them accordingly. I like things being pixel-perfect, what can i say :P

Took 2min, but maybe someone will enjoy not having to do it themselves :)

LVWWzBj.png

Japan

nlKu3GX.png

Naval Ensign of Japan

13wlbma.png

South Korea

L3Bid8Z.png

Hong Kong

nHEBoEY.png

China

5lpafNO.png

People's Liberation Army of China

YAkA9Ui.png

Soviet flag of China

J8wTO0h.png

Qing Dynasty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.