What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Well, i made my second Duna manned mission, the D-Man 2. (Name based on the name of the project of the user who created this forum).

https://imgur.com/gallery/tMnN3

So, with all the science that i get, i completed the tech tree. All of my missions it was to get science to unlock the nodes of the tech tree. So, i don't know if i'll still play in this carrer save, even though I have not gone to all of the planets. But i think that my mission in this save was fulfilled. Finally.

Edited by Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut

Holla everyone i like to remake JetFighter in real live to KSP and here is the result 

isjsKYD.png

bn0k7pa.png

F-22 RAPTOR

SwxK7Q1.png

LiQU4o3.png

SUKHOI PAK FA !!!!

ZKiq6aS.png

And here is comparison between each JetFighter (Sukhoi PAK FA looks small than F-22 cos i cannot find identical SHAPE and SIZE for cockpit Sukhoi PAK FA, therefore i have to make with another cockpit and make the body FIT with it, maybe you can make one ? hahahahaha :D)

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet
want to add more text

14 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

Interesting how that happens sometimes. Organically-expanded space stations can usually take on some pretty unique appearances.

Yeah, I had an organic one like that too:) It was my fav station so far.

screenshot20.jpg

screenshot18.jpg

screenshot23.jpg

On 11/27/2017 at 2:19 PM, AngrybobH said:

B9 procedural wings. It says it's not compatible with 1.3.1 and CKAN won't install it but, I manually put it in and it works fine. I prefer procedural parts and wings to the stock stuff, mainly because I need to keep the parts count down. The main lifting wings are each 3 pieces with their own coloring and the vertical stabilizers are 2 pieces each. The white squares on the back of the wings are airbrakes from....hmmm...I think KSPI-E. I not really sure, I have 70+ mods installed.

@AngrybobH

You can change this in CKAN settings so it will allow for compatibility with older KSP versions. I don't remember exactly where it is, I'm away from my PC but it was fairly obvious.

Edited by Kerbital

Hadn't played for a while so I built a quick space shuttle out of stock components.  Blew the wings and rear landing gear off during launch but it made orbit.  Landing it with crew is ill advised....  Launched a rescue mission to save the crew.  Then realized while transferring crew I was short a seat on the rescue ship.  Going to have to launch another smaller rescue ship tomorrow for Jeb.

Afterwards I am going to deorbit and try to ditch it in the ocean.  Might work, have a bunch of fuel and two rear parachutes originally installed for braking upon touchdown.  If I had thought to put in a docking port I could have used it as the base of a space station.

Then, reengineer the shuttle a bit...

21 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Officially it does not stand for Big Falcon Rocket. Unofficially and it front of grandma it does. 

Well, I've found two sources saying the official name is what grandma wouldn't want to hear. However according to Musk in an interview with GQ, that may not be accurate. 

"In the original Doom, the gun that was like the crazy gun was the BFG 9000 or something like that. So it was sort of named after the gun in Doom. But that's not its official name, of course"

Make of it what you will, either way I find the name funny as well as appropriate.

47 minutes ago, kraden said:

Well, I've found two sources saying the official name is what grandma wouldn't want to hear. However according to Musk in an interview with GQ, that may not be accurate. 

"In the original Doom, the gun that was like the crazy gun was the BFG 9000 or something like that. So it was sort of named after the gun in Doom. But that's not its official name, of course"

Make of it what you will, either way I find the name funny as well as appropriate.

That's interesting. Ill have to watch that interview. I'm going off what Elon explicitly called it during its unveiling- (what grandma doesn't want to hear). I can tell you the words Big Falcon Rocket never uttered from his mouth during the presentation. I personally believe SpaceX will/should release a much more family friendly name in the future. But as Elon stated, the falcon series dies with the BFR- its an all-in-one rocket. (:(:huh::D- I have mixed emotions about this....)

Someone told me in in my forums I should throw in an reference for doom in the BFR. I cant help but to wonder if they seen that interview. they didn't say anything about it. That would be a cool coincidence if the person had in-fact not seen that interview. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

23 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

But as Elon stated, the falcon series dies with the BFR- its an all-in-one rocket. (;.;:huh::D- I have mixed emotions about this....)

Well, if the later version of the F9 really can do hundreds of launches with refurb, no sense scrapping them even once BFR is operational, maybe we’ll finally see the birth of the used rocket market. :D

C’mon down to CRAZY ERNIE’S Used Rocket Emporim! We’re turning back the clock but never the odometers! For a limited time you can get this fully loaded, gently used SpaceX special, only $9,999,999! plus tax, title, license, and range fees In fact, if you don’t come on down right this minute, I’ma club this here here baby seal! That’s right, I’ma club a seal to give you a better deal! Because I’m CRAZY!”

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

20 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Well, if the later version of the F9 really can do hundreds of launches with refurb, no sense scrapping them even once BFR is operational, maybe we’ll finally see the birth of the used rocket market. :D

C’mon down to CRAZY ERNIE’S Used Rocket Emporim! We’re turning back the clock but never the odometers! For a limited time you can get this fully loaded, gently used SpaceX special, only $9,999,999! plus tax, title, license, and range fees In fact, if you don’t come on down right this minute, I’ma club this here here baby seal! That’s right, I’ma club a seal to give you a better deal! Because I’m CRAZY!”

Warranty void if ignited. Caution - the trajectory of your investment can go down as well as up. Always ask your bill-payer before placing an order and don't forget to point the correct end towards space.

I did kinda tease something yesterday. Probably won't be interesting to y'all, but it sure beats what I've been up to yesterday and so far today: drilling ore for money (twice), aerial temperature surveys on Kerbin (three of them), Mün science, garbage hauling, a rescue mission and building a new survey plane. Determined a Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe was too long to fit in the cargo bay of an Auk IV probe delivery spaceplane. Hauled tourists Gusman and Moly Kerman up-and-down in an Auk I 2-passenger spaceplane; did the same for tourist Thompfred Kermin. Yep. It sure sucks when all but one of your contracts are tied up on long duration missions. On the plus side, I've only got another 20 days until the Duna mission starts begin their course correction burns, and the Tater Catcher 7 asteroid grabbing mission to haul a B-size rock into orbit of Mün has returned to Kerbin's SOI at this point, so I might be getting another contract slot/money back soon.

So, on Monday, I got a VIP contract to take tourist Kenson Kerman to the surface of Minmus. Now, I wasn't too keen on sending up just one Kerbal to Minmus in one of my ferry ships - seemed like a waste of money. I've also been on a plane-designing kick of late, so I decided that instead of sending Kenson up to the Kerbinport space station in an Auk I, I would design a single-seater spaceplane. Thus was born the Auk XIII:

UUkYGiw.png
The Auk XIII single-seat spaceplane. Because where tourists are involved, you can never go wrong with the number thirteen, right?

Kenson took the plane up on its maiden flight to Kerbinport:

SqGGYb0.png
The view from the seat of Auk XIII on approach to Kerbinport, with Next Objective, Necessary Evil and Laggin' Dragon all in dock.

Once I was there, I had the thought - "I wonder if this thing could make it out to Minmus on its own?". I decided to find out - I tanked the plane up at Kerbinport and had it undock. Lo and behold, it had sufficient fuel for a one-way trip to Minmus, so off Kenson burned - he arrived at Minmus six days later:

nK39i5o.png
Auk XIII on approach to Minmusport.

MqXOsNZ.png
Auk XIII coming into dock.

After arriving at the Minmusport space station, the plane was refueled for the return flight to Kerbin, and meanwhile Kenson went down to the Deepwater Horizon refinery on the moon's surface to fulfill his itinerary. Upon his return, Kenson returned to the plane and made his way back to Kerbin:

HEzjeer.png
Auk XIII on re-entry.

oFDj4Jv.png
Mission accomplished.

The plane affected a successful return to KSC 09, successfully fulfilling the contract. Minmus and back for the cost of the plane's initial fuel load - I was certainly happy.

So yeah, essentially it was a re-certification of my K-prize credentials. Last time I did the K-prize was four years ago, back in v. 0.23 with this monstrosity...
R4yFCo7.png
There's an old screenie for all y'all, from way back in the good ol' days of KSP errordynamics, when anything with wings could be made to fly with enough intakes. Suffice it to say, the modern Auk IV looks absolutely nothing like this...

Monday's flight doesn't qualify for the K-prize, unfortunately - the wings on the Auk XIII aren't stock...

Edited by capi3101
fixed some grammar.

40 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

In fact, if you don’t come on down right this minute, I’ma club this here here baby seal! That’s right, I’ma club a seal to give you a better deal! Because I’m CRAZY!”

Been years since I've seen that movie...

Today Jeb tested the new Moho-Lander, and he's satified with it because it's the first one with Ladders!

Images of his Adventure are in my Moho-Album, I'll do a Eve Gravity Assist for the Moho-2 Mission (less DeltaV). The Maps of Moho are now finished so i can select a nice Landing site, but first i need Transfer Rockets that have DeltaV back to Kerbin.

My MapSat-Mission is finished with 71m/s Fuel left in the Transferstage, i'm not sure but i think i need a bit more fuel to get back home :D.

All Images about my Moho-Missions can you find here.

Album of my Moho-Missions
Edited by SwissSpace93

I thought I would do some proper Kerbaling for the first time in a while, and set up a fuelling station for future missions to far away places. I haven't rendezvoused in a long time and spent a few minutes flying passed my target before I remembered about matching relative speeds and got back into the swing of it. I took a few nice pictures whilst I was up there :)

U1F5gdW.jpg

xn56n4K.jpg

so in the left of the top image (foreground of the bottom image) is the hub of the system, on the right / background is fueltank number 1. I dumped the three orange tanks at about 400m away to make it easier to manoeuvre (far right of the top image) but I didn't think to dump the three orange tanks on the waiting fuel tanker. So now my save has the hub 25m away from the fuel tanker, with its main engines still attached :(

Edited by Stewcumber

Got creeped out by a surprisingly large gas giant.

sahM0pe.jpg

With just under 6km/s left in the tanks, mission control has two options for Tinlion; first, map Titan and then land on Iapetus before terminating the mission. Second, bow to the massive public pressure demanding that the probe be brought home and put in a petting zoo museum.

4 hours ago, Whisky Tango Foxtrot said:

I just thought that harrisjosh2711 might not have known that you were referencing a movie and might appreciate seeing the original scene.

I had no clue that was from a movie, definitely from before my time. I suppose that's the crappy thing about being young some times. half the time you have to act like you know what people are talking about when they reference some celebrity/movie/quote/etc... because its better than hearing-

(some person)- "WHAT!!!!!! I cant believe you've never heard of ________. "

(me)- No sir. Are they still alive?

(some person)- Nope, they died when I was a kid.

(me)- Oh..................

My Tylo remote science lander finally arrived in orbit in my new career.  After dropping off a relay sat, I started down to the surface with the transfer stage.  Then accidentally staged it (with several hundred dV remaining) leaving only the landing probe with no recent quicksave.   Much to my surprise, it seemed like I still had enough dV left to land successfully.  The second surprise of the landing came ~50m above the surface when I discovered that no, I didn't really have enough dV for the landing.  On the plus side, the antenna, RTG, sciency stuff & one solar panel survived, so it was still a success.  I didn't really need the engine or fuel tank any more anyway.  The landing legs & solar panel pieces scattered across the terrain just give a little more variety to the scenery. 

I have been testing different texture variations on the BFR booster all day. I swear once you learn to mod it's so hard to actually play the game.

38735547191_a35d3005d4_b.jpg

26959146879_71e3b6cf69_b.jpg

Found out the BFR would make a nice boat/submarine.- Something tells me this shouldn't be buoyant. I'm pretty sure ksp added a config for this recently

24864539648_1fac131831_b.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

So, I took ShadowZone's Microshuttle concept, watched him botch his landings, and made it work as an atmospheric aircraft. Then as a 9-seat transport in low and high altitude variants. Then as a model of a Vought Cutlass.

nsndK9s.jpg