What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

In my most difficult and tedious mission yet, I sent Jeb on an 84 year mission to Eeloo and back, requiring 12 gravity assists overall, using a craft that weighs just 3.6 tons! So much effort went into this one, from building the rocket and all the cars, writing custom configs for my visual mods to make Eeloo look just right, to actually performing each of the many many stages in the video! I really hope you like and appreciate what I've done here!

Enjoy! :)

Sent the Gargantua Rover to Duna. The plan is to drive 50 km to an Ascent Vehicle to bring the crew home. It's an experiment to see how life can get along on other worlds. There are only three of the 13 Kerbals involved in this pic cause I couldn't be bothered to get them all out of their separate quarters for a picture. :P

Not gonna lie, Gargantua is probably the coolest thing I've ever built. :D

PuDMyvO.png

Sent the same lander to Minmus that I had sent to the Mun. I was just about to drop it into Minmus orbit when I had to stop playing. Sometime today I should be able to get it into orbit & then drop it down to land. Hopefully I wont have a repeat of my first unmanned probe I tried to land on Minmus the other day. :( Too much sideways drift so it tipped over on landing. This manned lander is a lot taller, so I'll have to make sure I kill ALL horizontal drift before I touch down. I know what I need to do, just gotta do it now. :)

Ok, so part 2 of my mission is about to begin, but I have lost a Kerbal... Billy-Bobgee got a bit too excited with his EVA pack, and hit the ground a bit hard... but upon further inspection, it was realised that the DAV could only hold 12 Kerbals and Not 13 like the rover... So now the crew is Johney, Virby, Kirby and Charlie as the pilots, Haiy, Stelliana, Jerbro and Fernard as the scientists and Geredith, Gwenbie, Patgan and Giltrix as the engineers... Let the mission continue on towards Ike.

11 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Ok, so part 2 of my mission is about to begin, but I have lost a Kerbal... Billy-Bobgee got a bit too excited with his EVA pack, and hit the ground a bit hard... but upon further inspection, it was realised that the DAV could only hold 12 Kerbals and Not 13 like the rover... So now the crew is Johney, Virby, Kirby and Charlie as the pilots, Haiy, Stelliana, Jerbro and Fernard as the scientists and Geredith, Gwenbie, Patgan and Giltrix as the engineers... Let the mission continue on towards Ike.

Billy-Bobgee? More like Watney Kerman! :D

Upon reflection, mission control realises that it's much more efficient to send the Thunderhawk between moons than it is to move the entire Odyssey. So they do.

The first landing is made at a location where anomalous signals have been detected by previous missions, but... it turns out to be too anomalous to investigate properly. Perhaps a micro-lander would have had better luck.

IMzE8Yg.jpg

Yet another surface science experiment bids farewell to existence the moment it is placed, but three still survive, and Doohan and Kelley Kerman set about taking readings.

While Thunderhawk's TWR is barely adequate for Vall, the delta-v suffers no such shortage, and the crew are able to hop to two further biomes before calling it a day.

theehPH.jpg

From this point, the mission becomes rather routine. Tylo has somehow evaded mapping, so the Odyssey parks up in polar orbit and turns its sensors upon the ground below. After a few days, an anomalous signal is detected, but the Thunderhawk isn't equipped to handle a 0.8g vacuum world, so all the crew can do is note the location for future missions to investigate.

JbNd8jF.jpg

All crew promoted to 5-star rank. Total science haul... roughly 40,000, bringing the total knowledge of kerbalkind up to 78k. That hundred-grand warp drive isn't looking so far away any more! :cool:

3 hours ago, eddiew said:

All crew promoted to 5-star rank. Total science haul... roughly 40,000, bringing the total knowledge of kerbalkind up to 78k. That hundred-grand warp drive isn't looking so far away any more! :cool:

Just wanted to say how cool your illustrations have been.

1 minute ago, DerekL1963 said:

Just wanted to say how cool your illustrations have been.

Heh, well thank you, always happy to entertain ^^  Tbh, I find that documenting the missions is really helping me keep to a "one job at a time" play style, it would be really disjointed otherwise :) 

1 hour ago, MagicFireCaster said:

What Maneuver node D:  ? 

Also, someone know how to post an imgur album?

The node exposing the interesting name of your other ship, showin in KAC. :wink: Also, you can't embed an imgur album. That functionality broke some time ago.

1 hour ago, Aragosnat said:

Just flying in Kerbin's atmosphere so far.

Kerbals' ability to lose consciousness is a new stock feature or a new mod?

1 hour ago, DerekL1963 said:

New stock feature in 1.2.

WHAAAAAAA??? This blew my mind. I heard rumors of g-force effects. Do you know the details? Do they pass out for just a few minutes, or until the forces die down?

6 hours ago, hazard-ish said:

In my most difficult and tedious mission yet, I sent Jeb on an 84 year mission to Eeloo and back, requiring 12 gravity assists overall, using a craft that weighs just 3.6 tons! So much effort went into this one, from building the rocket and all the cars, writing custom configs for my visual mods to make Eeloo look just right, to actually performing each of the many many stages in the video! I really hope you like and appreciate what I've done here!

Enjoy! :)

This is awesome!