What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

After redesigning the Ker-Ploppo III I started it on its way to Mun, but during the transfer burn I caught something I have not seen since Novermber. Finally caught an eclipse while on my burn to Mun, I nearly over shot my burn time as I had the HUD off of my screen waiting for the right time to get the picture. Lucky for he Kerbals inside the command pod could not see this as the Seagull I is blocking most of the viewing windows, and had they looked it would have surely burnt out their eyes.

2zsp3ch.png

I also have landed the Seagull I on Mun, but due to an issue with action groups the rover failed....amongst other problems after successfully landing. I had the solar panels for the rover on the same action group as the landers, so when I activated them it became wedged under the lander. I hope that today it will be different, but that is for later.

Messed with KSPI. My weird idea with sci-fi stylish spaceplanes, yup. Finaly, something that I can call "sucsess".

4ktnAFR.jpg

Yeah, I know about clipped radiators. And also I messed up with center of mass, so when thrusting I have some problems keeping it straight. It looks like that thing doesn't want to be airborne. It wants to be spaceborne.

Today i began construction of an interplanetary science vessel. It will fly the first interplanetary mission with more than one destination in my career game.

When finished, it will have probes, satellites and an exploration rover. It will also receive additional fuel tanks and engines for a total of 12.000 deltaV.

I did 3 launches today, launching the main engine section, habitat and the command section with attached lander.

3 more launches will be necessary to complete the ship and a final crew launch when everything is assembled.

iY5eTVt.png

vzrhyCo.png

Mods: Kerbal Attachement System, ScanSAT and a 3.75 m ASAS i modded myself.

I launched my first station module today! I know it's not much of an achievement, but it's something!

doh949I.jpg

j2Kjlkv.jpg

LG0LXxO.jpg

siVDdCR.jpg

Now I'm attempting to dock another module.

Edited by sndrtj

Turns out his stay in the Mohole wasn't enough to make him learn. Jeb has snuck into the snack room again! I can't take it anymore. He's getting Whack-A-Kerbal'd!

Unless he can point out the flag of Poland.

DvUHsNg.png?1

Got the Eve Science Rover down to the southern hemisphere, so now more then halfway to a polar circumnavigation of Eve.

Also mission control re-ran some numbers for Cornie Kerman. Looks like if he uses all the delta-v he's got, plus another 50 or so more, he'll be able to make a Kerbin return before his life support runs out. We're very relieved, because we don't want to have to send a rescue mission with a 100% probability of success when there's a slim chance he can do it with what he's got. Note to self: don't forget to have Cornie do that burn at the right time.

Thank you! I got the full game just in time with the discount.

After a few more tetsts and improvements, I finally figured out how to turn her into a stable launchcraft. And there she is, in all her beauty: the RX-2b Colossus

http://picload.org/image/llwrrrp/new4.jpg

Thanks for that man! I was thinking I haven't seen a magic castle in a while. My faith in humanity is restored. Keep trying, you can do it. My advice though: Try to make it a little less magical.

Turns out his stay in the Mohole wasn't enough to make him learn. Jeb has snuck into the snack room again! I can't take it anymore. He's getting Whack-A-Kerbal'd!

Unless he can point out the flag of Poland.

http://i.imgur.com/DvUHsNg.png?1

This could be a trick question though. While of those is the flag of Poland there are actually 2 flags :wink:

Single stage to anywhere, using KSPI and B9 (and FAR, of course). Capacity of four kerbals (pilot and co-pilot plus two) and whatever you can fit in the bay - you run out of room before hitting the limit on lift capacity.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note that the plane in the last shot looks slightly different to the others - it was modified after it was discovered in *ahem* simulations, that the original plane was unlandable due to an oversight regarding the control groupings and a lack of airbrakes. Even with the changes, it's utterly terrifying to land - the engines take an age to spool down, even from 10% (I only put the throttle higher when on other bodies, or during ascent to orbit), and it just won't slow down - it'll happily glide along at just shy of 200m/s for ages. As such, to land somewhere specific you have to line everything up about 10km out, then cut the thrust and come in low, just gliding along, to bleed off the speed - and then that leaves the fun of timing pitching up and deploying the air brakes correctly - too early and she stalls, and too late, she'll slam into the ground and kill the four crew.

This could be a trick question though. While of those is the flag of Poland there are actually 2 flags :wink:

You mean the one with the coat of arms? Poor Jeb.

Seriously, that's awesome. "THE flag of Poland, Jeb? I'm sorry, but..." You just saved me from the embarrassment of having to actually spare him! He will not escape!

Edited by Felsmak

Put an Agena-type vehicle in LKO for rendezvous and docking practice, and worked on developing aerobrake/sun/radiation shields with the Procedural Parts mod.

I used my trusty SRB-4 launcher to put the Agena into orbit, but I discovered that I could have done it without the SRBs -- I had enough fuel left in the second LF stage to put it into Munar orbit, if I wanted to. As it is, I just put the vehicle on the "Manley Axis" and left it there, pending a practice flight.

A few things I learned from trying to make the shields:

1) Large shields (> 10m diameter) shouldn't be mounted on 2.5m or smaller stages without heavy bracing or solid attacments.

2) Fairings are really unnecessary for launching the shields -- using them for large shields tend to make the launcher top heavy.

3) Some of the color schemes produce really interesting effects -- the Saturn and German textures make shields look like targets, while the Copernicus and Gold Foil textures would be appropriate for solar encounter shields (think "Sunshine").

4) If you plan on mounting RCS thrusters on the shield, make the shield and/or its backing from Procedural Monopropellant Tanks, otherwise, the thrusters won't work, even if you mount an RCS tank directly behind the shield. (A question: would running fuel lines from a mono tank to the RCS quads also solve this problem?)

Well simulation is in and Ker-Ploppo III was a success! The Seagull touched down and the rover detached.....somewhat. I may have to drop it a few meters from the surface to make sure it does not pinch under the Seagull, but I fixed it without editing the save file....so success! Here Bill uses the remote camera on Seagull I to get a photo of himself and Jeb after a small cruise on the rover.

2iub4he.png

The rover needs some attention though, it is a bit top heavy. But still a success in my book.

I made a Mun rocket, but missed the encounter (I'm new to KSP) so I decided to go for the sun instead. Attempting to lower my periapsis straight into the sun, Bill exhausted all the liquid fuel. Then all the RCS fuel. Then he got out and used his jetpack for a while. One of these days, I will get a kerbal into the sun!

Tried My hand at building a stock boat plane... It needs tweaking but is showing promise.

Put some radial intakes on both sides of the pontoons facing backwards. If you look back a in this thread I made a boat using them and it works great.

Uploaded the latest episode of my series "Rover Adventures - Around Kerbin" and this one has everything: Rockets! VTOLs! Aquaplanes! Rovers! Exclamation marks!

All in less than 5 minutes as usual because ain´t nobody got time for that.

Launched my first Kethane expedition, to Minmus. It's mainly serving as a test of some ship designs that will go to Bop and/or Pol in the Jool collab.

Doing a thorough Kethane scan is surprisingly time-consuming, though it didn't take so long just to spot a few deposits.