What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I like the 7 engine cluster, but how would it look with 3 LV-T45 in the center? It would still give the vectoring of the 30's, but give it more straight line punch.
I've made similar clusters under 3.75m tanks using radial attachment points in the past. You can mix and match any number of two engine types in a balanced manner, 1-6, 2-5, 3-4.

Great looking parts, Necro, looking forward to your release. :)

Thanks guys. :)

I've started the release thread. I'm calling this version 0.2, and considering it to be a public beta. Any and all feedback is welcome (mostly, I think). :)

Enjoy!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93067-0-24-2-WIP-Modular-Rocket-Systems-v0-2-%282014-09-06%29?p=1398558

2Man Lander Can + Hitchhiker module + A LOT of fuel = Single Launch to Eve --> Eve descent to less than 100m MSL --> Ascent to 100km Eve circular orbit --> Return to Kerbin.

That's right a 2Man Lander Can to Eve Sea Level and back to 100km Eve Orbit.

2Man Lander Can + Hitchhiker module + A LOT of fuel = Single Launch to Eve --> Eve descent to less than 100m MSL --> Ascent to 100km Eve circular orbit --> Return to Kerbin.

That's right a 2Man Lander Can to Eve Sea Level and back to 100km Eve Orbit.

Any pictures? I love Eve ascent vehicles.

So I de-orbited the KRSS - Explorer lander and landed nicely close to the launch pad.

screenshot51.png

screenshot53.png

screenshot55.png

screenshot57.png

I installed a couple of RTGs and batteries and changed some internal fuel tanks inside the B9 parts to make it more efficient and lighter. The next morning the lander was ready to launch again.

screenshot60.png

This might be my best looking lander that I have made in KSP.

After I made it to orbit, it rendez vous with the rest of the ship.

screenshot62.png

screenshot64.png

screenshot68.png

After the docking, Jeb take again the microphone for another speech but Bill stop him and ask.

Jeb, where is bob?

Apparently, Bob stayed in the snackbar inside the KSC when the lander was in the VAB and didn't board it in time.

Next mission, get bob on the ship somehow and then the real mission of the KRSS - Explorer can begin, finally.

Today, i finish the new configuration of the Kerbol Explorer

Moving engines block 3

60925EAB658937A0CE7760CF51176B2A0A39B985

Strutt the engine block

15D00BEB903C0443A63F0179EB0BF405A268AE73

and made a test rotation (max speed 0.20 rad/s) and a full power both nuclear and ionnic burn test

D67CD1A28518E56425F90A700DCC7D4DA3908D3D

A50FA69C395A66172D26CA72457AA09016C906A8

Moar engines !!

Now, KE turn better, and wobling less, but it need more struut to be really cool.

Still missing a kethane module, and a small shuttle

Keeping half an eye on my Laythe boat while it sailed some of the 300 km from landing site to crew needing rescuing. My landing ellipses are practically larger than the world they're on!

Later, crashing on purpose.

14973199697_03156421b1_o.pngV-max by cantab314, on Flickr

Hit the ground at about 1500 m/s, unpowered, in stock aero. Winglets are about the only truly streamlined thing in KSP's drag model.

Built a subsonic cargo plane with the new B9 pack and used it to fly a rover all the way to the north pole to fullfill a FinePrint ground exploration contract. Then flew back and found out that

. :sealed:
I've been experimenting with NEAR for the last few days. [...]

Landing on the other hand is still a problem. That darn thing actually WANTS to fly and it has a hard time loosing altitude. From a 150km circular orbit dropping down to well under 30 km it can still glide for at least half way around Kerbin.

Yeah, I had that problem too when I started using NEAR. The solution is cutting your engines and either diving down further into thicker atmosphere (as far as g-force, or with DRE, heat allows) or putting airbrakes/spoilers on your plane. Edited by Hurry, Starfish!

In anticipation of getting invertable SP+ cargo bays, I played around with placing VTOL engines in them to hide them during horizontal flight. I used rockets so they can be used for circularization too, the turbojet can get its apoapsis out of the atmosphere easily. Tried hiding some landing gear as well but they clipped through the door a bit and are very fiddly to adjust. Pardon the mismatched textures, it'll look better with the symmetrical parts that are coming.

screenshot289.png

screenshot298.png

screenshot304.png

screenshot311.png

screenshot313.png

Edited by Red Iron Crown

I'm currently playing my first proper career game, and had some money to burn (and monoprop engines to test). Onwards to Minmus and a plentiful bounty of science! If the whole damn thing doesn't blow up in my face :P

AIy3s0L.jpg

What did I do today?

-Build a reasonable replica of a F-104 Widowmaker.

-Flew it, the Kerbalnaut will leave behind a widow.

Why do you ask?

Because I hit escape velocity on a single air breathing engine.

screenshot151.png

screenshot154.png

screenshot159.png

screenshot163.png

I didn't tweak the engine's power, just added a few more points to it's KEY = XX XX XX XX text in the config file in relation to it's velocity, and I didn't go nuts (or at least I didn't think so). I think I better turn it down a tad.

But she flew great!

I have finished pretty much of all my space station, Starbucks Station. I forgot to take screenshots of it, but I will post some tomorrow. It was built entirely using the KSO shuttle and the Tug from KSO. Tomorrow I will send up some crew members for the second time and take some screenshots.

Finished putting together my floating base test-bed.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A total of six modules: two tugs to move things around, two habitation/lab modules, a 4-way junction, and one module that I'm pretending is a desalination life-support machine. The system worked beautifully, however at 550ish parts I'm getting unplayable framerates in the less-than-5 range. Working on a new, streamlined design.

Today I built my first useable SSTO which even comes with a cargo bay! It can easily make it to LKO with light payloads. I'm going to test its range and try to make it to the Mun. A nice thing about the cargo bay is that extra fuel can be stored there and jettisoned once its used up.

EipSOWu.jpg

I'll have a youtube video up soon demonstrating ascent, orbital operations, and landing at KSC!

Today i sent my first mission to Eve in .24.2. Eve Orbiter and Eve Surface Explorer I both succeeded in their mission, returning lots of SCIENCE and funds. They completed the "Explore Eve" Mission at ease.

wFNcjKT.jpg

For the next mission, i can get rid of some parachutes. The probe only had a velocity of 3.4 m/s during final descent, making the thrusters obsolete. I guess going with 2 main chutes and a center drogue chute will be enough for such a light craft.

And i have just taken the contract "Plant a flag on Eve"... i will do that for sure. And with a ticket home in the pocket. No one is sacrificed for SCIENCE... err... well... maybe...

Today, well at midnight so it counts, I put a solar array on to my station to provide enough of a recharge state during the daylight to top off the batteries after a night of producing food, water, and oxygen. I would have made it with the giant panels, but I currently do not have them unlocked so this is the temporary charging station. next up is to use the shuttle craft to deliver the first vict.....errr volunteer to the station and pickup the Kerbal who is stranded in space. Oh and my probe to Minmus is nearing Mun, yes that is the long way but I had a couple of contracts I wanted out of the way while going in that general direction.

23ts9ar.png

So after forgetting to put Bob inside the KRSS - Explorer I launched a Karbonite rocket to see how it worked. The engine has good thrust but really bad Isp. I barely made it to orbit with this thing.

roUX-zk6k_1K5SdM0eUo5anONaesi2sq-h3viZc5oh8=w984-h553-no

screenshot72.png

It was really bad planning on my part and the ship didn't had enough fuel to fully rendez vous with the Explorer. So I decided to Eva Bob when I was at my closest point near the Explorer.

screenshot77.png

screenshot78.png

Now KRSS - Explorer is finally ready to depart with Jeb, Bill and Bob. First destination, Duna.

I wanted to get my truck to the nearest mountains, but driving there takes too long.

And the truck doesn't perform well under more than 2x physics warp

CQErP3C.jpg

So I took a giant rocket. It's not like it's gonna cost lots of money/natural resources/ or something... :-p

This is the end result of a successful multi-docking port test:

CB4D5FE3C5C1D8A40A11F62663E9CFB1D87425C0

Nice thing about it i. I can swap the engines out (at least for the 4 lower ones as teh top one is just a craft I had used from a previous mission) for better or moar powerful pones or an engine block (which I'm thinking of doing). But, for now this will be a crew transporter for other planets. The center normal docking port under the middle poodle will have a Kerbal shuttle craft that I'll be making for it soon.

Edit: Yeah. Just noticed that the normal docking port I mentioned can not be seen easily. When I get to docking the shuttle I'll take a better picture then.