How to transfer fuel between docked ships?

Ok so I can manage to get a space station build and all, but there is never a "Transfer fuel" tab or anything of that sort so is that a mod to refuel ships or am I missing something or what?

I kinda feel like a retard at the moment lol...

Edited by karolus10
Prefix change to "Answered"

Right click on the tank you want to fill. Hold down the ALT-key, then right click on the tank you want to fill it from. You should see a set of buttons on screen (labeled "In" and "Out") that will let you move resources around.

Of course, that was in 0.19; I don't know if that changed in 0.20 or not. I imagine not, but...

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, determinationmaster said:

not working for me??

Wow, this is an ancient thread you've dug up here.

Are you in career mode? If so, fuel transfer in flight doesn't unlock until you upgrade your R&D building.

On 3/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, determinationmaster said:

not working for me??

Just to note that the original thread here is from 2013 and the game has changed enormously since then.  If you've got a problem with current KSP, the best thing to do would be to open a new thread about it.  ;)

That said, the following things could prevent fuel transfer:

• If you have any parts other than the fuel tanks selected (as Reactordrone points out)
  • If you have the "Fuel transfer obeys crossfeed rules" option turned on (which it is, by default), and there's a non-fuel-transferable part in the path between the two tanks
  • If you're in career mode, you can't transfer fuel until you've upgraded the R&D facility.

If you click on the resource tab, (top right, looks like a milk jug) and click the buttons for fuel and oxidizer, it will display all tanks connected to the station, and you can push or pull fuel wherever you want it, also works with mono-propellant.  (For those not into keyboard shortcuts)

9 minutes ago, rynther said:

If you click on the resource tab, (top right, looks like a milk jug) and click the buttons for fuel and oxidizer, it will display all tanks connected to the station, and you can push or pull fuel wherever you want it, also works with mono-propellant.  (For those not into keyboard shortcuts)

This was posted in 2013, the OP is long gone.

Not that worried about it, I posted for the people still reading this, and clearly, there are people looking for this answer, I was looking for it 3 days ago.

20 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

This was posted in 2013, the OP is long gone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, Snark said:

Just to note that the original thread here is from 2013 and the game has changed enormously since then.  If you've got a problem with current KSP, the best thing to do would be to open a new thread about it.  ;)

That said, the following things could prevent fuel transfer:

• If you have any parts other than the fuel tanks selected (as Reactordrone points out)
  • If you have the "Fuel transfer obeys crossfeed rules" option turned on (which it is, by default), and there's a non-fuel-transferable part in the path between the two tanks
  • If you're in career mode, you can't transfer fuel until you've upgraded the R&D facility.

actually, i figured it out, you have to have advanced tweakables enabled, thanks for the help!

You do not need to enable 'Advanced Tweakables' in order to transfer fuel between tanks,
at least not in my copy of KSP.

Just in case anyone new has a similar problem and finds this thread. 

See the posts above, by Reactordome and Snark for example, on many reasons you might not get the 'in' and 'out' fuel-pumping buttons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.