what kind of parts would you guys want? (beyond 0.20)

Veshpa

Karolus pointed out that space station modules would be useful for both applications and the ground ones would just need legs.

What if it was one part for both applications, with legs that extended like landing gear? you could keep them retracted on a space station and extend them on the planetary or moon surface for a base.

Different action groups for inflating the module and extending the landing gear?

I thing that very useful would be separate telescopic legs (nothing can be attached to inflatable part of the module) that will lock down when touch the ground (or adjust manually, whatever).

This mean, that we need to properly level only first module and then use rover (robotic "scissor lift" part would solve most lifting issues, where robotic arms couldn't do the job :) ) to place and dock every next module, deploy legs (witch stop after touch the ground providing easy auto-leveling) , let go and drive away.

If this includes additional features as well, heres what I want.

Life Support Modules, with proper life support,

A Power generator that uses some sort of fuel, nuclear fuel, plutonium, liquid fuel, etc, etc

Proper and working Heatshield

Payload fairings!

Definitely more Space Station Modules

Parts that Compliment each other, and not make your vessel look like a mess (look for real life spacecrafts for reference)

I know it isn`t a part but I want the smoke and flames that come out the side of the launchpad when you launch. Also ice falling from the craft.

Saturn_SA1_launch.jpg

Also 300Kn NERVA, Large nuclear generator, F1B engine...

(Also everything everybody else said, science, hinges, base stuff, station stuff, parachutes for kerbals, resources, variable fuel tanks etc)

Wings with fuel tanks in them. Wider selection of jet engines and a part that would limit control surface movements so you would get same response for control inputs at all altitudes and smaller airplanes could have more reasonable roll rates.

I would like Triangle Structural Panel and more Wing Shapes.

After Burner Diamonds forming when going very fast with the Turbo Jet Engines.

Shock-waves When Breaking the Sound Barrier.

More Jet Engine Types.

Edited by KissSh0t

I would like to see detectors like JSD said. And tiny rover wheels for small moon buggies or even better small 2 seat rover folding itself.

And also 2 man capsule(already said) with high visibility for front with integrated docking port would be awesome.

Edited by EvilotionCR2

Frankly, I'd be happy with just a larger amount of adapters. It always bugged me that to go from medium to small I have to have the huge black cone thing.

You can use the 1m-to-truss adapter. Not only is it more lightweight, it fits perfectly and looks better for non-atmospheric vessels.

I want station parts! More habitation modules. I also definitely want more parts under the "scientific" tab, like more antennas, and more scientific equipment. I also want a 2.5 m to large girder adapter.

Main one for me, just off the top of my head, is a small adapter, one to go from the standard 1m size to the "micro" probe size, the current adapters are huge, i'd like a short one like that rockomax-1m adapter, the flat/shorter one.

and all the habitation/science/robotics stuff mentioned earlier.

Science stuff, Damaged parts that can be repaired with kerbal duct tape. And fire/Craters when you crash your rocket.

Maybe resource leak too, like if you puncture a fuel tank, it will slowly leak until it is fixed.

Edited by ZedNova

Science stuff, Damaged parts that can be repaired with kerbal duct tape. And fire/Craters when you crash your rocket.

Maybe resource leak too, like it you puncture a fuel tank, it will slowly leak until it is fixed.

This ^ Would love that. Even simply dark spots where you crash, doesn't even need to be an actual crater.

I would like to see cargo bays for all size and shaped parts, along with mining and science equipment mentioned above

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.