[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I had the same problem shortly after 0.24 release. Just try a complete fresh reinstall of PartCatalog. That solved the problem on my machine.

All ready did that, both on a my modded install and on a fresh install. not working...

Another fixed version just for you, grab it from the front page.

GUI is now adapted for 0.24.2, also should fix those lua5.2 not found errors (was an old assembly version in there)

Thanks :) i know it was not intended for me, but it didn't solve my problem

i would like to have a price and weight sort function. Would that be possible?

Anything's possible with a bit of magic! Remember: coffee is a way to convert caffeine to code.

In all seriousness, it's probably possible. I'm not really a coder, though. But it doesn't sound "impossible." :P

BlackNecro: the date in the title shows August 10th; it should say August 17. :)

FYI - RC7 of PartCatalog seems to cause constant crashes in KSP 24.2 64-bit. Here's an output_log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logPartCatalog.txt

That was on a clean install of KSP with only some NovaPunch and AIES parts installed to play around with. RC6 does not cause the same crashes and seems stable.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Is there any GUI button for searching? If not then you might want to add one. Just from a UX perspective, I would have no idea that you can search (which is great) unless I happened to read that one line in the release notes. And it would sure annoy me to have to go digging through your release notes to find the hotkey for it every time I forget.

FYI - RC7 of PartCatalog seems to cause constant crashes in KSP 24.2 64-bit. Here's an output_log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logPartCatalog.txt

That was on a clean install of KSP with only some NovaPunch and AIES parts installed to play around with. RC6 does not cause the same crashes and seems stable.

That seems very unlikely as the change of RC7 was merely changing a few values to properly fit the GUI.

The 64 bit version of KSP seems very unstable in general as it seems to randomly crash when allocating resources.

Is there any GUI button for searching? If not then you might want to add one. Just from a UX perspective, I would have no idea that you can search (which is great) unless I happened to read that one line in the release notes. And it would sure annoy me to have to go digging through your release notes to find the hotkey for it every time I forget.

The button with the magnifying glass should fulfill just that purpose.

That seems very unlikely as the change of RC7 was merely changing a few values to properly fit the GUI.

The 64 bit version of KSP seems very unstable in general as it seems to randomly crash when allocating resources.

I can see where that's very possible - don't know what to tell you other than that with about 8923058 mods installed and RC7, KSP crashes reliably (though not always at the same time). With RC6, it doesn't. It could be coincidence - who knows! Figured I'd throw a log out there in case it wasn't.

EDIT: Maybe (probably?) coincidence. I give up on analyzing KSP failures.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Why do i install the latest version and load the game. No errors till that point. Then i enter the rocket assembly building and i see the mod tabs appear for a fraction of a second and they disappear like i had no mod installed. I don't get any error window.

Here is my mod list. Maybe someone knows of a conflicting mod ?

mod_list.jpg

it is not:

Editor Extensions

Edited by otoduran

This is one of my must have mods! Scrolling through the part pages was enough for me when this was initially installed. With the search function, ability to set tag groups and customize them accordingly just pushes this mod over the top. Thanks for the good work, man! Keep it up!

Why do i install the latest version and load the game. No errors till that point. Then i enter the rocket assembly building and i see the mod tabs appear for a fraction of a second and they disappear like i had no mod installed. I don't get any error window.

Here is my mod list. Maybe someone knows of a conflicting mod ?

http://s26.postimg.org/9ayzvjwg9/mod_list.jpg

it is not:

Editor Extensions

otoduran,

First, I've found that most module managers (KSP ModAdmin included) just indiscriminately add mods. So, if you install mods that have more than one version of a dependency you end-up with a problem. ModuleManager is notorious in this regard. Not that it is MM's fault or doing (or any other .dll). It's just that many modders, unless it's absolutely necessary, won't update there download just because MM (or any other dependency) has updated.

Check to see if you have multiple copies of any .dlls. Just do a search of your GameData for *.dll, sort by name and scan your list for dupes.

Personally, I've lost any hope of a modmanager doing installs as good as doing it yourself. Besides, if you look inside a mods folders before you copy you'll learn a lot about what is going on and when to/not to move a file.

Second, I believe you are having the same difficulty I am experiencing. (I came to report it and found your post.) KSP loads; everything is fine. Enter VAB, CPU fan runs up and Ptttttttt. CTD. Look in your KSP.log file. I'll bet dollars to donuts you'll find that the three dozen or so lines read:

[WRN 23:50:31.634] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

The three line(s) before that spam read:

[LOG 23:50:07.558] ****Finished Loading Parts****

[ERR 23:50:14.969] Could not find part in index: dummyPartIgnore

[ERR 23:50:23.930] Could not find part in index: dummyPartIgnore

Something about PartCatalog does not like TweakScales dummy config.

Unfortunately, you have to either remove TweakScale or PartCatalog for all to be well.

BlackNecro,

Is there a way to prevent PartCatalog from cataloging specific .cfgs? I could swear this was working in RC6. I will investigate further and let you know.

EDIT:

Confirmed. RC6 works fine. You still get the same spam in the KSP.log file but RC6 won't CTD.

Edited by TranceaddicT

BlackNecro,

KSPLua/KopiLua is throwing an error when it loads. Here is the relevant section of the KSP.log:

[LOG 15:58:57.303] Load(Assembly): KSPLua/KopiLua

[LOG 15:58:57.303] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll

[ERR 15:58:57.306] Failed to load assembly /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll:

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 15:58:57.306] Load(Assembly): KSPLua/NLua

[LOG 15:58:57.306] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/NLua.dll

Might this have something to do with RC7 CTD?

BlackNecro,

KSPLua/KopiLua is throwing an error when it loads. Here is the relevant section of the KSP.log:

[LOG 15:58:57.303] Load(Assembly): KSPLua/KopiLua

[LOG 15:58:57.303] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll

[ERR 15:58:57.306] Failed to load assembly /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll:

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 15:58:57.306] Load(Assembly): KSPLua/NLua

[LOG 15:58:57.306] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/scott/Games/KSP/KSP_Active/GameData/KSPLua/NLua.dll

Might this have something to do with RC7 CTD?

No not at all, that one error came up a few times already and happens all the time.

NLua can't be directly loaded as a KSP addon but is then loaded as the PartCatalog references it.

Ahoy-hoy,

Just installed this mod and am having problems. I am running KSP v0.24.2 on Mac OS X.

Player.log here.

Specifically, when I enter the VAB, the toolbar doesn't load, and the stock parts bar to the left of the screen is blank. Furthermore, I am able to click the mouse once, but after that, any mouse-clicks do nothing (e.g. I can right-mouse-click and rotate the view, but after that, nothing works).

I believe I may have identified the issue:

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-01%20at%2012.23.47%20pm.png

The log shows missing directory, which (as you can see from my folder structure to the bottom of the screenshot) those folders don't exist.

Any thoughts please?

TIA,

Dave

EDIT: Nevermind me. I'm just an egit. I installed it wrong. <facepalm>

Edited by DavidHunter
Issue solved. Nevermind.

Hello,

I really love this mod for it's simplicity in finding the Parts you need at a given time. definately a must have, however there are 2 things that Bug me (pun intended)

1.: I'm using a number of part adding mods (Interstellar, B9 and KW to name the largest). Whenever I'm updating any partrelated mod or this mod I rebuild the DB, usually because I can't reuse the old one for some reason. Now when I let it autotag i get a streight CTD without any dump whatsoever. I have to disable some mods and readd the in one by one to get the autotagging done. With each restart taking about 2-3 Minutes thats not fun at all. Therefore I'm wondering if it would be possible to create an external Program, taht'll create the catalog by simply scanning the GameData for part.cfg's using lua rules. so I'm not going to crash my game multiple times during a Maintenance session for just this one mod.

2.: Some of the mods add aditional Fuel Types (in My case especially Interstellar and TAC-LS) In the late TechTree that Results in the list of Tags being to long to be fully displayed. An option to scroll here would be very welcome.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

Snip

First problem sounds very strange, even though there's no crash log there should still be the normal output log that gets written while ksp is running, might provide some insight if you could upload the last dozen or so lines.

Second problem should be fixable using the maximum tags per page option in the settings menu, you can set a maximum number of tags per sub group there if you have more it starts separating them by initials

Hey, just wanted to say I LOVE your mod.

But I was clicking through the folder and I was wondering: What's the folder called "KSPLua" do?

Also, I think I remember that a previous version of this mod included some program would log your usage and sent it back to the mod's author, but is that still in this version? If so, how do I remove it? I'm not really into that stuff... (EDIT: Just remembered I may be confusing this with the toolbar plugin :P)

Edited by Arron Rift

Hey, just wanted to say I LOVE your mod.

But I was clicking through the folder and I was wondering: What's the folder called "KSPLua" do?

Also, I think I remember that a previous version of this mod included some program would log your usage and sent it back to the mod's author, but is that still in this version? If so, how do I remove it? I'm not really into that stuff... (EDIT: Just remembered I may be confusing this with the toolbar plugin :P)

Yea you probably confuse that one, nothing in here sending usage or any other data anywhere.

The KSPLua folder contains my own plugin that allows me to use lua (a scripting language) for defining those categories for future game versions, mods and the like in an expandable way without having to update the main plugin in any way.

The next big release (After I finally got Version 3 stable, found a few nasty bugs still so that might a take a bit) will include an optional online repository that allows you to download compability scripts and icons for mods from inside KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.