[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

what I would like is the body of the ship to remain "inline" while the 2 antennas move back and forth.
Ok, but I have to ask though. Why? Couldn't you achieve a similar result with the telescopic pistons instead, with the added benefit that you can retract the parts in for launch?

well if all you wanted is to have the antenna extend then yes. but what I am looking for needs the balanced movement of the 2. so as one gets closer the other gets further. let me go get a picture of the actual application. I will need to rebuild it as I lost the ship file. but I will post a picture of the actual ship part a little later.

well if all you wanted is to have the antenna extend then yes. but what I am looking for needs the balanced movement of the 2. so as one gets closer the other gets further. let me go get a picture of the actual application. I will need to rebuild it as I lost the ship file. but I will post a picture of the actual ship part a little later.

That would be useful, although real-world images/concept art would be better. I suspect that to do such a part though it would actually need to be made as two, since in KSP it isn't possible to specify anything other than the parent of a robotics part as being fixed, hence there needing to be two gantry versions in the first place. Thinking about it, try putting the two different gantry types back to back, and that should give you what you want.

Soo... While preparing a part for transfer to my station... This happened...

13ROZLh.png

After docking the A.R.M-2 Unit to the "DeXTIR" trunk, it appears the joints of the Unit have become... I don't know what exactly... They don't disassemble or anything... They just stay like that... The issue has also apparently caused the "elbow" part of the A.R.M to clip within the back of plane, rendering the whole thing immovable from the "stow"/folded position. The issue seems to come from the cylinders as the other hinges and rotatrons appear to be working fine. The "wrist" seems to still be working...

In any case, both Bill and Bob are absolutely perplexed by the situation and the "New Horizons" Station crew seems to be equally baffled...

Munfry and Munsted are both blaming "space noodles", but that cannot be given much credibility as of yet...

Edit: The issue has also apparently "switched" the controls and animations for the hinges, causing them to lock up on their "neutral" position and turn the opposite way if made to turn right and lock up if turned left...

Edited by BananaDealer

Vehicle A. had a slider>Small structural>Hinge>Docking port Junior

Vehicle B had 4 Sliders to increase the spread of the wheels.

Sent Vehicle A out to grass by the runway.

Sent vehicle B to dock with Vehicle A

All parts on both ships worked until docking.

After docking, only the Sliders on vehicle B worked.

No Resonse : only the sound : from vehicle A's contols

Went to spce center and then back to vehicles.

When used, all parts on vehicle A reversed including the slider which became visually separated.

Did this several times with different vehicles.

Gave up.. turned off KSP. Bored again now.

Also annoying...

The names for new groups.. whatever names you give them get added to the list of other vehicles and have to be manually removed. Not too much of a problem except that the first in the list can not be removed. On a long list of parts, if ignored, necessitates scrolling through the list.

Needs some serious tidying up.

i've been trying many ways but i cant seem to get it to work with 0.23 any ideas guys ??

No way I could consider even trying without more than "it won't work" to go on. We have no idea what else you might be running for mods, let alone if you've even installed it correctly (for that, read on).

wher do you put the folders

cos i cant see any readme documents

It goes same place as every other mod that is keeping up-to-date with the proper structure (which is about 99% of them at this point).

Put the MagicSmokeIndustries folder in %KSP_ROOT&/GameData, and off you go. :)

wher do you put the folders

cos i cant see any readme documents

You unzip it like any other mod, the dll should end up in the Gamedata/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugin/InfernalRobotics.dll

Also, I'll do a request part this weekend.

--------------------------

On another note...

What would be your ultimate Infernal Robotics Part? Don't be shy. if it's not possible I'll just say, but otherwise go wild. I'll give it till tonight, the best idea get's made by tomorrow.

So, what would you make if you could make an IR part?

Edited by Devo

When I play Infernal robotics with my 25+ other mods, it causes the game to freeze 3 times in the loading sequence, causing me to have to reload it (4 times) until it works. Plz help! It is not the memory running out, as I have deleted it than added more ram-heavy mods, which it loads ok.

How about a magnetic thingie that docks to other ships and can be used for resource transfer?

What would be your ultimate Infernal Robotics Part? Don't be shy. if it's not possible I'll just say, but otherwise go wild. I'll give it till tonight, the best idea get's made by tomorrow.

How about a powered wishbone hinge? In this case (see the silver part in the image below), I'm thinking of something that has a mount plate that rotates inside the wishbone, as opposed to being attached outside the wishbone "fingers".

XdmQra4l.png

I though I could share my bipedal walking robot in this thread, as this mod is the thing making it possible :) :) :)

SIRKUT, you are a GOD, keep working on this awesome mod!

On another note...

Anything on my to-do list :P

I am having trouble using this add-on. I have installed it correctly and have all the parts showing up but when i click launch and go to the launch pad the robotics items wont turn green and i cant activate/turn the items.

hello,

I am having an issue with the current release of this. I installed it properly :) my current mods are ,firespitter ,procedural wings ,procedural fairings ,NothkeSerCom ,aviationlights ,blizzy achievements ,weka rescue orbiter ,LLL ,wayland corp ,CORE_DRFH_020 ,Bobcat Industries ,rollcage Kerchelin ,Romfarer ,My own stuff (mainly re-do's of stock parts ,sizes ,amounts ,textures ,flags) ,Rcssounds ,BoulderCo dll to reduce ram usage ,some B9 stuff ,ToolBar ,UDKLD station parts

the problem....

I can see the gui when I am building.. I assign buttons 1 - 0 and names and such for whatever I want to use....

When I am on the runway, the controls don't work that I asigned ,even when I assign them in the action group tab under the same keys. and the GUI isnt showing either ,even with the toolbar installed. Also,

when I take off, not sure on altitude/speed ,which I can get if needed... but, at a certain alt. the camera backs up a bit and my controls are reversed.

I took off each part and found if i use a docking washer or a rail this happened or both, it reproduced this effect. without those parts my vehicle flies and acts fine.

update to my issue: Not sure now if its this mod or not.... o.O ...I still have the parts in the catalog ,though it should not matter, but now when not using those parts mentioned before ,my camera still backs up and is not locked onto current craft. though now the controls seem ok....really odd. I will do some further testing and get back to you.

well, I found out what was causing the problem. It was an old infernalrobotics.dll that was conflicting. :) lol, apparently it was in some other plugin folder...weird. so yeah problem solved, and outstanding mod as per the usual with you gentlemen. Now to go do some wild contraption building!

Edited by mrsinister
update to problem

I've installed it on my PC without any problem. Now I'm in my parents home and I'm trying to install it on my mom's laptop. I tried with other mods, now I tried on clean KSP install, nothing happens. I unpack it to GameData, so the DLL is in GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins\InfernalRobotics.dll

After starting KSP it loads stuff from MagicSmokeIndustries, but there are no parts in Sadbox and in Career. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to put Toolbar directory in GameData, I didn't know it was necessary.

Edited by jamqdlaty

Just to throw my voice in I'm having the same issues with the UI not showing and the IR button (and MJ) not being available via toolbar. I'm using Toolbar 1.7.0, what are other folks using? I'm gonna try rolling Toolbar back a few versions and see what that does.

UPDATE: Doesn't seem to do much. I installed toolbar 1.7.0 and IR on a stock testbed and while the UI shows up okay and works, it still isn't showing enabling the IR button.

Edited by MDBenson

@MDBenson: Man I'm using ir with literally zero issues regarding the toolbar, or stability. I'd suggest do a search of your gamedata folder for "*.dll" this will show you all of the plugins currently in gamedata. Then you will sort these results by name and look for duplicates. Next look out for gamedata folders inside the gamedata folder. Hope you find this helpful.

My current, and recurrent issue with IR is and will continue to be the floppiness and weakness of the joints:/ some of these designs are a bit on the holy-crap-must-be-nuts-to-fly-this. Does anyone know how this can be addressed? Currently I use quantum struts to brace up the various moving parts on my designs in a few discreet positions as necessary, but I'd very much prefer to forgo that necessity. Thank you for all the awesome work you guys are doing for the community! I look forward to future developments!

This is a solid example of one of my kinda projects that employs the genius of IR:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Dirt_Merchant
erranious hashtag removal

@MDBenson: Man I'm using ir with literally zero issues regarding the toolbar, or stability. I'd suggest do a search of your gamedata folder for "*.dll" this will show you all of the plugins currently in gamedata. Then you will sort these results by name and look for duplicates. Next look out for gamedata folders inside the gamedata folder. Hope you find this helpful.

My current, and recurrent issue with IR is and will continue to be the floppiness and weakness of the joints:/ some of these designs are a bit on the holy-crap-must-be-nuts-to-fly-this. Does anyone know how this can be addressed? Currently I use quantum struts to brace up the various moving parts on my designs in a few discreet positions as necessary, but I'd very much prefer to forgo that necessity. Thank you for all the awesome work you guys are doing for the community! I look forward to future developments!

This is a solid example of one of my kinda projects that employs the genius of IR:

http://imgur.com/a/pb3yR

maybe edit the

crashTolerance = 12 to 400

and

breakingForce = xxx to something like 1000 or more

breakingTorque = xxx

??

Edited by mrsinister